Thread: First Day back to Paintball after 9 years

First Day back to Paintball after 9 years

Well I survived my first day back to paintball at Hell Survivors in MI. I have been out due to Heart Failure and have worked hard to get myself back to this point where I can play again. Was a blast and showed the kids with the electros the old cripple guy with the mech is still a sly dog. Had one of my best days ever. The refs had to give the opposing team a numerical advantage, 10 on 7. I did have good teammates that helped too. Can’t wait to do it again and hopefully I will keep getting in better shape as I go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome dstud!! Glad you were able to get back out. What did the young guns think of the Tac One?

Quote Originally Posted by jbtamu1011 View Post
    Awesome dstud!! Glad you were able to get back out. What did the young guns think of the Tac One?
    Thanks, I am sore from huffin up and down hills and doing a little sliding, but it felt great and am looking forward to my next outing soon. I was a little surprised how many didn’t know what macroline was or that my gun didn’t need eyes not to chop a ball lol. The Tac did great and proved why it is a tried and true design and I got asked what it was a few times. It was great to see fresh young faces in the game and a few of us old timers still there playing too.

Awesome dstud!! Good to see you making a comeback! My mother had heart problems at an early age and knowing what she went through I have great respect for you in getting back out there and doing what you love.

Quote Originally Posted by Magoman View Post
    Awesome dstud!! Good to see you making a comeback! My mother had heart problems at an early age and knowing what she went through I have great respect for you in getting back out there and doing what you love.
    Thank you, I’m only 36, but things I thought wouldn’t be possible since I had heart failure are coming to fruition. Like My wife just had our first child this June. So much of my life was put on hold because of this. I feel very blessed and know lots of people have had my back. My dog loves my son and I can’t wait to teach him paintball, camping, hunting and fishing.

For fear of sounding sappy I was not going to reply but I can't resist. That's a pretty dang cute picture right there. ,llkjkopoighyfggg....... sorry was wiping water off keyboard. Don't know where it came from.

Quote Originally Posted by Magoman View Post
    For fear of sounding sappy I was not going to reply but I can't resist. That's a pretty dang cute picture right there. ,llkjkopoighyfggg....... sorry was wiping water off keyboard. Don't know where it came from.
    I thought so too.

Welcome back! Glad to see you back on the field.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    Welcome back! Glad to see you back on the field.
    Thank you!!

Congrats on getting back out there after a health event like that! I myself developed a milder heart condition in '17, AFIB, completely out of nowhere at the ripe old age of 36. After a successful heart ablation I was able to hit the field again with my mags last summer, and have been doing fine since. My overall cardio endurance on the field is a little less than before, but I keep in good shape so my heart doesn't have to work as hard lugging my body around!

The funny thing about any heart condition, especially for relatively young guys like us, is that you go from never thinking or worrying about your heart, to ALWAYS having that nagging fear in the back of your mind. I think a big part of any recovery is getting over that mental hurdle so you can live your life.

Quote Originally Posted by Konigballer View Post
    Congrats on getting back out there after a health event like that! I myself developed a milder heart condition in '17, AFIB, completely out of nowhere at the ripe old age of 36. After a successful heart ablation I was able to hit the field again with my mags last summer, and have been doing fine since. My overall cardio endurance on the field is a little less than before, but I keep in good shape so my heart doesn't have to work as hard lugging my body around!

The funny thing about any heart condition, especially for relatively young guys like us, is that you go from never thinking or worrying about your heart, to ALWAYS having that nagging fear in the back of your mind. I think a big part of any recovery is getting over that mental hurdle so you can live your life.
    Thanks, and yes I agree the mental aspect it is one of the hardest parts to deal with. I’m glad you got through yours too.

Glad to see another person back in the sport!

That Tac-One looks nice to. I'm sure it shot like the day you bought it.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealKaz View Post
    Glad to see another person back in the sport!

That Tac-One looks nice to. I'm sure it shot like the day you bought it.
    Thank you, and yes just as smooth as ever.

Welcome back. I’ll be getting back out after about that long as well, need some gun tuning up first. Checked my join up date after many years of silence, 11/11/2001.

Quote Originally Posted by azheat99 View Post
    Welcome back. I’ll be getting back out after about that long as well, need some gun tuning up first. Checked my join up date after many years of silence, 11/11/2001.

Cool, glad I am not the only one.

Quote Originally Posted by azheat99 View Post

Do you guys play paintball in the summer out there ?

Gets pretty hot here....

Quote Originally Posted by going_home View Post
    Do you guys play paintball in the summer out there ? Gets pretty hot here....
    Indeed, year around in fact.

Indoors from June to the end of October usually for me. November to May is awesome outdoors.

In the 90's (usually upper 90's) with over 80 percent humidity here this time of year.

I last maybe a couple hours at best in that before its not fun any more (could be attributed to old age I guess lol).

I usually play at a field thats mostly oak tree shaded but they stop for the summer.

I was thinking about trying to get some games in somewhere Saturday anyway.....