Thread: Classic RT questions

Classic RT questions

I am thinking of picking up one of the original RT's and I have a couple of questions.

1) What are the pros and cons of the RT Pro vs. the RT?

2) Will the new Z-grips fit the original RT?

3) Will the intellifeed grips fit the RT?

Any other comments from anyone would be appreciated. I will probably pick one up anyway, as I like to collect the old guns and the RT will probably end up like many of the old collector's items.
    Chillin Old Skool

i have one and love it. the only thing that is really difrent is the banjo bolt. that is the back field strip screw. it is gass through.

PRO's of classic rt:
    .....looks
    .....banjo bolt; you can take the valve off the gun with out removing any air line

cons
    .....banjo bolt; they leak sometimes and you have 3 more o rings to deal with.

The intellifraim will work on them. just specify when ordering. i have one on my gun and love it. the new z's im not sure. i bet you could order it thow. the only difference is the back field strip screw.

i wouldnt call it a colectors item. i plan to use mine for a while. why change when it keeps up with the angels and other electros on the field
    Sorry for the spelling. Im still working on it.

Thanks for the info. As far as collector's item, I am talking 10-20 years from now. I have plenty of circa mid to late 80's guns just laying around. Just call me an old skooler. I still use my old BE Nightmare and Splatmaster in recball games.

ahhhh. now i agree with the classic thing. ill probably be playing with my rt then to thow

~WarpedRT~ Guest
    Yeah i still, once and a while, pull out the old "splatmasta" as I call it. I use it to mainly scare people with. People see that,and are like "Whoa, is it double barreled?" I say yes, and they freak out. You will love the RT. They look far cooler than the new Pro's, I removed the sight rail on mine though. And if you want to add on an after market forgrip, you will have to drill through the body rail, and the correct place to do taht should already be marked in it, and you will recognize it.

you could always put the after market forgrip on the bolt on rail that the gas thrue foregrip is on . i think they look beter that way.