Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: cphilip Spyder project update...

cphilip Spyder project update...

Ok so a bit of new development on this project:

I just got back from Paintball Inc. (used to be National PB Supply). There main warehouse is just up the road in Greenville SC. Picked up some stuff for the project.

As you may recall this thing is going to Redrider87 for a powder coating job. I have decided to not coat the grip frame and leave it black. Reason is have you ever seen how many pins and springs and such are in this darn thing? A pain in the rear to take them all out and return them after. MAKES YOU APRECIATE THE SIMPLICITY OF YOUR MAG!!! So since I am laving it black a few others things may be left black to smooth the transitions. Here is a lsit of each:

Powder Coated

Main body
    Low Pressure Chamber
    Bottom ASA
    Site Rail
    Taso Drop (new from todays purchase)
    Cro Molly 16 oz CO2 tank (also new...more later about this)

Left Black

Grip frame
    Fore Grip
    Verticle Adapter

Also Barrels left as they are black and and the SS line left chrome.

THE BIG NEWS!

More about the Cro Molly tank: It seems that DOT now exempts Cro Molly Steel CO2 tanks from rehydro for... LIFE! Yes! it's a new regulation change. Cro Molly CO2 tanks are now exempt so you can remove the sticker and have them coated. And they are good for...well...forever! These are the ones with the rounded bottoms (not the flat Aluminum ones)and have NO DATE on them at all.

So I got one from Paintball Inc and had them leave the valve out for now. They actualy assemble them there as you buy them so no problem for them to do this for me. I got one of the valves with the on/off and when Red gets done with the matching tank coating they are going to install this valve in for me. This is real exciting stuff. They showed me two they had done like this in both blue and red. This will be the sweatest upgrade to match the marker of it all!

I am still leaning towords the Reptile Green. I hope to have this in the mail to Red in the next few days. We should be able to see this thing completed in a few weeks.

Any comments?
    Last edited by cphilip; 03-19-2002 at 12:40 PM.

AGD, where we are so good we can do it with only ONE tube!

cphilip.com

you have way too much time on your hands

if you're decking out a spyder . I never liked mine enough to put any more money in it beyond a gas thru grip and barrel. Instead i saved my quarters and bought a mag

On a side note, I'm sure it will look awesome when you get it back. I hope you can do something to it to make it shoot as good as it will look.

Giant
    being tall is good, except when you're the last one on your team and stuck behind the smallest bunker on the field.

Probably a typo by phil, but for the rest of you just to let you know you can't anno chromoly.

Don't anno your chromoly tank Its a steel alloy. You will end up with a pile of rust and possibly a small fire. LOL try sending that in to be rehydroed.

You gotta get those things powdercoated.
    Did you hear about the new european weapons contracts? France is going to make the wooden sticks Spain making the little white flags

Ha! well...it is a hair brained scheme isn't it?

No you had to read the earlier stuff on it to know. A little backgound is that once a year we have this thing we call "Spyder Class" only markers tourney. Cannot use the Mags. So it's for that one thing and I wanted it to be cool looking too in between. And a nice little loaner for the in between times for kids that come out with my kid. And Red offered to make it look cool for me as well. So why not? However it will always be a Spyder no doubt.

Oh shoot! Yes butter your right its only powder coating I meant to say...fixing now. Thanks!

Actualy I had ment to comment on some Aluminum ones they also showed me that they got Anno'ed to match some markers. Those were nice as well. But not life time hydro and they had dates stamped into them. They are 16 ounce flat bottom Aluminum and they came to them as raw (non finished) aluminum tanks no stickers or anything ready to anno. They have a bunch of those too.
    Last edited by cphilip; 03-19-2002 at 12:44 PM.

Re: cphilip Spyder project update...

Originally posted by cphilip
    I am still leaning towords the Reptile Green. I hope to have this in the mail to Red in the next few days. We should be able to see this thing completed in a few weeks.
    Joy Division Leopard Print!!!!

that would be hella cool!
    AO MEMBER# 2967
    No Limit
    check out these killers...
    NFeel The JoyN

Ha! Well yes Cliffio that would be cool...but he can only do fades of two colors or single colors that do or don't have crackling technics in them.

Originally posted by cphilip
    Ha! Well yes Cliffio that would be cool...but he can only do fades of two colors or single colors that do or don't have crackling technics in them.

awww

cause a jd leopard spyder would be super pimp

hmmm, can spyders be anodized?

just wodering, maybe ill start my own project

Yes I am certain the main body is Aluminum so at least that part can be Anno'ed. But in this case the guy is a powder coater. And you can powder coat Aluminum as well as Steel. And it's a lot cheaper to do that and looks real nice too.

Sure do it!

but i sold my spyder
    (as you know since u bought it)

i dunno if your heard but did Pro Paintball stop anodizing guns?
    because if so then PK is about all thats left in the way of animal prints, and wow are they expensive

but anyways, sounds like a cool spyder, i guess

Cliff

I do not know the connection between PK select and Pro PB. Is there one? I thought they were seperate entities? And It would surprise me to know PKS was going to shut down. They do a lot of industrial stuff other than Paintball.

no i was asking if pro paintball still did anodizing, i heard that they quit doing animal prints

and then i said that pk was the only one left that would do animal prints, yeah i doubt that pk will close they do just about everything with anodizing

later
    Cliff

OK gotcha!

You will be interested in knowing its your old Spyder that is going for the coating project now. Just got to put a new Striker O ring in it and test fire it before tearing it down tonight. I decided to keep synreals all black one as black as it looked too good to do it to the poor thing. I realy liked the all black look in the Spyder more than the sivler black combo one way more than I thought I would.

stryker O ring?
    was something wrong with it??
    i thought that it was in perfect order?
    just wondering, im really sorry if something didnt work, thats weird!

let me know if i can do anything

Cliff

It ain't no big thing. It was missing is all. I noticed it when I took it apart to look it over. Those things blow out all the time. Well often anyways or they get cut. Besides I was planning on complete set of new O rings when I re-assemble it after the coating anyway. I mean... why not do it while you got it all apart? Easy to fix. No problem at all.

Way to go Cphilip! Sounds great! I am currently working on making my notorious MB STINGER(upgraded stingray...lol) into an...ELECTRO! I just need to find a cheap booyaah or other spyder electroframe, send it to Fear Factory, and there we go! !

ENDO!
    Last edited by MajorDamage; 03-19-2002 at 05:51 PM.
    Oldskool

Spyders are fun.

Thats mine. It now has a Mako Storm frame on it as well. Itz actually a great performer, it runs 285FPS @ 300PSI, and gets +-2 over the chrono. Good luck with your spyder cphilip.
    -team grim-

Cliffo ---- I'm about 99% sure that ProPaintball only does simple anno themselves or locally. The complex stuff, like the animal patterns, is sent out, and I wouldn't be suprised if it went to PK.

Anyone know for sure?
    2003 SuperBowl Champions!, THE New England Patriots!

He was constantly reminded of how startlingly different a place the world was when viewed from a point only three feet to the left.
    My Feedback

Phil,

Go with the reptile green!

Spyder's, hih? I got me one of those (please don't ask how much $$$ I got into it!)

I remember back when I was a newbie, and thought my Spyder Compact A (that's right aluminum, not plastic - I was a BIG spender!) was everything, I met this guy Dave. Man, he would cut up these Spyders, and turn them into the CBS (closed bolt spyder - basically an Autococker). I even heard a rumor that he was going to try to get into the Spyder Cup with them, but I never verified it. Anyways, these things looked SWEET and performed like a dream! Man, what I wouldn't do for one of those things... bah.

OSM

Hope yer spyder turns out good, CP! Have fun with it! Later
    Coming Soon:
    Who knows anymore...

My wife's Spyder Flash...

here it is...
    Black Teflon E-Mag
    v1.37 (EM01478)

- 10" Armson Stealth / 10" Custom Products Barrel
    - AGD Flatline 3000psi/68ci Nitro Tank
    - Dye Tank Cover [Black]
    - Shocktech Drop Forward [Black]
    - NW Quick Diconnect Block [Black]
    - ViewLoader 12 V Revolution w/ X-Board [Black]
    - 32Degrees Macroline [Black]
    - VL-Bow [Clear]

Spyder parts were shipped out to Redrider yesterday....

Main body
    That black round thing on the front of the body...a shroud of some kind?
    Bottom ASA
    Site Rail
    Taso Dropforward
    Cro Molly 16 oz CO2 tank

yeah...

Hey cphillip can you post pics when you get it back because this sounds very interesting Thanks

Oh yes sir e bob I will! Only reason for doing it realy is to share the looks. Should be about two weeks maybe less depending on Reds schedule.

Red has recieved the stuff and is beginning to coat them. He tells me he can do milling now. Some types anyway. Not certain I understand what yet. We may even get some on the project Spyder.

nice........

Milling???????In what way. Let me know im intrested in this. Thanks.

I don't know much detail yet but I will find out and post it up when I can.

hey

im jsut wodneirng what drop is on teh spider flash?
    Canadian Bunker Boyz - CoCaptain
    Rainstorm Cocker FS/FT
    chris_brimson@hotmail.com

it'll never be the smurf!!!

Hey Phil. Just checkin in on you. sounds like a good deal with the spyder. You'll have to bring it out to the field when you get it all done. I'll be looking forward to seeing it. Go for the green. I think it would be a nice transition and it's doubtful that you'll show up next to someone with the same gun. Just remember, NOT BLUE!!! If you try to make another smurf I know a certain mag owner who might get a little upset with you. Anyway, I can't wait to see the results. Keep me posted.

-Lance
    "You were thinking about it weren't you??? I THOUGHT I smelled something burning..."

Oh no Lance there will never be another Smurf Mag nor any other marker. I had a Hell of a time selling THAT one!

Yes we are going Reptile Green. Thats is a go.

BTW: Just kidding ya Charles.

Oh one more thing...

How do you make a small fortune in the Paintball Marker business? Anyone know? I'll tell you the secret later.