for more info

the promoters have left the nppl out to dry

because of the filter you cant get to the first site
    can a moderator please make the link work
    the website is www.pod*****.com
    rhymes with podwitch change the w to a b

shartley Guest
    the promoters have left the nppl out to dry
    Might I suggest that noone left any party “out to dry”?

These things do not happen overnight. I can not help but think that all parties were well aware of the other side’s opinions and positions on matters, and the actions each was willing to take. I find it hard to believe that the NPPL did not see this coming, or that there was not serious roundtable discussions concerning the issues that each side had.

It is unfortunate that BOTH sides could not come to some sort of agreement that gave each of them what they were looking for or comfortable with. It would be a shame however, to attempt to “vilify” one party over the other when that is seldom how it happens. Far too often how things really happen, and how they are “reported” are quite different. I would suggest waiting for the official Press Release from both parties. What I read from the links above was “Rumour has it…” and simply talk.

And from what I understand, this does NOT mean the Tournaments will not happen. They will just not be NPPL Tournaments. Players will still play paintball, just not NPPL paintball. I know many tournaments that are not NPPL, and they work just fine.

Might I also suggest that if this would cause the end of the NPPL, or as one of the articles stated:
    What the NPPL can and will do now is anybody's guess but without a tournament circuit and teams to play in them, they are basically powerless and have now, no obvious role to play in pro paintball.
    that the NPPL never really HAD any power in the first place? They “looked” like they did, but quite evidently it was a “face” only. People gave them power simply because they thought they already had it…. But they actually didn’t.

Does the NHL, NFL, or any other Sports League totally depend on any one group of Promoters? And if they lost any one group would that mean they would have no power? Not at all. And if you look at the other Leagues you will see they do much (to most) of the actual promotion themselves… thus never relying on any single source for income or “backing”, and keep the TRUE power unto themselves.

Obviously the way the NPPL has been running needs to be seriously reexamined and possibly reworked. Simply put, if the promoters leaving takes away any power the NPPL had, they never really had it in the first place…. the promoters did, but they let the NPPL play.

not trying to circumvent but this link should work...

or this http://mortonwebdesign.com/PaintballNWNpplStuff.htm
    Last edited by synreal; 03-26-2002 at 01:32 PM.

Could this be due to the silly rules they introduced this year. Virtually every stock electro except the E-Mag was illegal by the 2002 rules. I predicted that this would happen the first time I heard about the new gun restrictions.
    2k2 VF Cocker, STO/Eclipse Blade, Old-Style 14" Boomstick,
    68AutoMag Classic Feed CF11023, Ring trigger.

No,it is because of what happened a few years ago.Go to one of the links and read it.NPPL will make it on,it has to.

Viva La NPPL Resistance!

Which silly rules?

I didnt think the semi-only rule took effect? The only one I heard people complaining about was the hopper stickers (which i think the rule is valid).
    http://www.spaceman613.net

http://www.bunkerboyz.com for CCM and your pump paintball needs.

Originally posted by mykroft
    Could this be due to the silly rules they introduced this year. Virtually every stock electro except the E-Mag was illegal by the 2002 rules. I predicted that this would happen the first time I heard about the new gun restrictions.
    What rule was this???

i jsut read an article about stickers on hoppers on that site. here's the link.

http://mortonwebdesign.com/Pod*****News.htm

people read this. does anyone see anything wrong with this or is it me.

just replace the ***** with you know what. or if someone could, change it for me.
    https://www.automags.org/forums/showt...light=feedback

My girlfriend said that if i bought another paintball gun, she'd leave me........ I sure am going to miss her.

2002 NPPL rules ban any marker that is capable of shooting in a mode other than semi. Even if it has a tourney lock.

I think the "article" was making a mountain out of a mole hill. I dont see a problem with limiting hopper stickers. Why not use the pods? some packs leave them exposed, maybe sew a patch on the pack? or the belt? or the mask strap. There are PLENTY of places that you can advertise besides the hopper. As for free speech? Come on, this is a constitutional issue. If you dont like the rules, dont play. You deal with the rules, even the ones you dont agree with.

Now he said if a ref misses a hit he wasnt looking, but this is to make it easier for refs to see hits. We see bad calls, this is just trying it make it easier on them.

So I cant put DIABLO stickers all over my hopper, big deal. if I was advertising them, I would not be loading the hopper anyway. I would have one large bold sticker that showed the name or logo clearly.

Any other viewpoints?

mykroft. I cant find that rule. Which number is it? what section? I dont disagree, I just cant find it.

I don't have the rulebook handy. Go through the gun section closely. It's a rather short entry.

The emag would be banned too.... It has burst modes.
    -Gig 'Em Ags!

Originally from www.NPPL.com
    5.2 MARKERS
    5.22. Players may use a single, 68 caliber, pump or semi automatic paintball marker, which consists of a single barrel, a single trigger. Double action triggers and paintball markers capable of firing in other than semi auto auto or pump mode are prohibited.
    There you go

As worded it is kind of vague. I think that as long as the other fire modes can't be accessed during a game they would be OK. Because if the modes were locked out, they wouldn't be capable of firing in them. But others would read it as if the marker even has the other fire modes programed into the software it wouldn't be allowed.
    Last edited by headcase; 03-26-2002 at 06:47 PM.
    2003 SuperBowl Champions!, THE New England Patriots!

He was constantly reminded of how startlingly different a place the world was when viewed from a point only three feet to the left.
    My Feedback

Wow!!! That's a pretty big thing... I wonder what the effects will be on the rest of the sport... the NPPL always drove the technology, like it or not.

Who'll take its place?

DR
    Oderint dum metuant

No double triggers? That is kind of extreme! Look how many people use them! Geez, no my IFrame is useless . Oh well I am a long way from the NPPL.
    "If everything is under control your not moving fast enough."

by double triggers they meant like no autoresponse frames. Your frame is fine

COWABUNGAAAA!!!!!

It said "Double Action Trigger", not "Double Trigger" or "Two-Finger Trigger", so you are safe.
    AIM, Yahoo messenger and  IRC=FordPrefectAO.  ICQ=160223684, and  my ICQ nick is FordPrefectAO.
    3-D Pong's bro!

Originally posted by Restola
    Why can't I just be in charge of the world?
    Captain, Tremor

Sometimes you just gotta shake your head and laugh a little. All that drama over running a tournament just seems kinda silly to me.

- Chris
    National Collegiate Paintball Association, Inc., President
    www.college-paintball.com - "A Club for Every Campus"
    www.high-school-paintball.com - "We Create Newbies"

American Paintball Players Association, Director
    www.paintball-players.org