Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: New Proto Gun Body Need Your Design Help!!!

New Proto Gun Body Need Your Design Help!!!

AO Design Team,

Once again I turn to your collective knowledge to help us make a killer looking gun. For the new guys I have to make it clear that THIS IS A PROTOTYPE!! It is not meant to look great but give an idea of which direction to go. Any comments should include suggestions on improvements.

The proto body shown here is made from plastic so it's easy for us to machine. The final version will be aluminum so you can have it in any color you want. It has some meat on the sides so you can carve it. We purposely went with a square look to get away from the tube on a frame thing. We experimented with a little C&C shown here. We will be able to offer them cut up or plain so you can hack them yourself.

This body will go on all our markers except the Xtreme and is meant to retrofit to existing markers. The general shape is limited to what we are showing you but the details can be changed.

The body goes from round to square and back to round. The problem is that without a sight rail or SOMETHING on the back end it looks UGLY. Since many people take off their sight rails we didn't want a bunch of ugly guns running around.

To fix this we came up with the idea of putting a dovetail in the top of the body only in the back. This way you can slide different stuff into the dovetail and lock it in position above the valve. We see how much people like to put covers on the Angel micro valve and we think this offers the same thing.

I am looking for cut and carve ideas as well as different things that can dovetail into the back of the body. Please cook up, cad up, draw or photoshop any ideas you have.

Different pictures are included below, please read the captions so you know what I am gettin at.

Thanks

AGD

This is the new body with a small sight rail dovetailed into the slot on the back of the mainbody.

hmm.... now that wait for the pic begins =)

EDIT:ugg... posted right on top of tom....

hmm... first impression... ugg... that from the vertfeed tube...
    after a a good look... deff. shows potentional..... the body rail and forgrip look out of place.... same for the sightrail (then again i've never been big on sightrails)

body minus the feedtube looks pretty good and i can just see the different milling that can happen with it.... but that feedtube still IMO kills it all....
    Last edited by virus; 03-26-2002 at 09:55 PM.
    Virus, King of the Basement Trollz has spoken

This is the sight rail removed from the dovetail. You can see the dovetail slot in the back of the body. The good thing about the dovetail is it doesnt show without the sight rail.

closer view showing the squareness of the body.

EEEWWWWW! IT LOOKS TOO STRANGE-ISH!!!

Good Traders:
    Tunaman, K-villeplayer, Magman007, Mastersconi, Jon/xpm, Kenndogg

My feedback if you've dealt with me, leave some...

Fruitcat: it's what AO doesn't like.

Here it is with an RTpro sight rail attached. I reall like this look but then again I don't count.

I like the shape but personally a different mill design would look better

COWABUNGAAAA!!!!!

well, i just don't like it. i actually like the tube on a frame design, in addition to nicely milled "traditonal" designs. it looks kind of awkward, like you tried to stuff another markers body on it. im not a big fan, but a real life, finished version might look different. its got potential to develop into a great looking gun, but i dont like the look of it now.
    GOOD TRADERS - Tunaman, tysonmachado, DanielGleason, BigBoy005, jimmyjobob, miniMAGster, paintballpapa, ChucktheMAGician, CLeatus, Doc Nickel, pbdeluca, ClassicMagger, Dueydog
    My Feedback Thread

That looks SOO slick tom, you are definetley haeding inthe right direction. I would buy one of those in a second. That looks so cool.

Ok, you need some creative juice... i'm gonna sketch a body for you!

Remember the rules, comments must also contain sugestions!!

AGD

I like it as a proto, but how is this going to look with a powerfeed or warp feed body?
    Potatoboy!

hmm... still that feedtube and sightrail still dont do anything for me... the RT rail helped it a little....

now the pic w/o the rail... if both sides of the feedtube had that diamond cut into it that would look pretty good.....

Tom, how about a pic with a non-cut RT bodyrail.... the cut one looks a little out of place cut down like that

i really dig the milling, definately worth holding onto.

i can do without the rt pro sight rail though.

very flintstones/dinosaur rib looking

I don't no if u can but on the finished project I would get rid of some of that extra meat on the rail or put some nice gills on it

Also some examples of stuff that you could use to replace the rail would be cool.

Originally posted by AGD
    Remember the rules, comments must also contain sugestions!!

AGD
    sorry. hmmm. the mill design looks... cartoonish? i dont know. something bolder and sharper might look better. i really like the look of this "jail cell" cocker http://www.kpcustoms.net/images/auto...cocker_jpg.htm

Good Ole Amish Country, or just outside of lancaster PA
    THATS AWESOME! i like it with both sight rails, but i think the interchangeable idea rocks! you know how angel users put the angelwings on? well why not pit some sorta lion thing that slid3es in, or a silver agd sign. i think a little slide in agd sigh would be cool, OR OR!!!! you could name the body something like the auto crag er something and take that and carve the name out of a sightrail! that would be cool. Or you could higher a private contractor to do team names in sight rails. like have the butterscotch yo sightrail, or what ever any persons team may be. then charge like 50 bux for a custom team name sightrail!

Originally posted by Tom in reffrence to a post saying he acted like my dad...
    "That's right!
    WHO'S YOUR DADDY!!"
    ALL QUIT AND NO GO!!! Team Icky Forest-Shatnerball 2003!!!
    www.tunamart.com
    DONT SUPPORT HYPOCRITICAL MISSLEAD YOUTH, BOYCOTT HK

Thumbs up

I would like the rail milled down more, I think it should be done on the rt pro/emag body as well. I don't like the wings. I would like to see a rail will one thickness the whole length. As for the body. I like the design, but not the milling. The current milling reminds me of Jurassic park or a reptile. how about no milling on the top in front of vertical feed neck. I do like the dove tail behind the feed neck.

later Hills

I would really like to see a modified body rail.
    NVE-mag
    Certified Airgun Tech.

Nice.

It should take cocker threading on the barrels.

How about a lightened model with a lot of the metal removed? I am assuming this body would support an ACE?

I like the one, with the sight rail taken off, the milling reminds me of 2000 milling on the dark angels, get rid of the sight rails, and make groves, to but our own rails in, kind of like magman007 said, like the angel sight rails, also make the feed tube able to be taken off, maybe make it angel threads, that is the one thing that I don't like about the extremes, is the plastic part on the vert feed,

my 2 cents

was looking at the first pic, it does not look that bad, maybe mill down the sight rail,

you should carve one of the extremes with that kind of milling it would look great.
    Team Exotic Elements

Got Ace?

This is NOT an emag. The rails are all interchangable so if you didn't want this one you can replace it with a classic rail. It does take cocker barrel.

AGD

Is there a way to fill the space between the front grip and the trigger? I'd like to see a grip similar to the E-Mag.

Otherwise, can you move the front grip out a bit? Something about that space I don't like (but can't put my finger on...).

BTW - I'm a big fan of the looks of the orginal (current) E-Mag.

Tom, it is okay right now but if you could do a cyclone or swirling C&C job on it to go with the valve sticking out og the back or if you did a flame or wave C&C job going back to the vavle. Also kin of far fetched but if you did an animal C&C like an eagle or lion or shark or something to that effect.

I think this looks sweet Tom. I think the tube on a frame look is kinda old school. I like it, but I like this a whole lot more. As several others have said, it certainly has potential. Were you saying that it is a direct retro fit for existing mags? Or did I just read too fast? If you did say that, does mean I could eventaually buy one and just bolt on my frame and slide in my valve and get to it? Anyway, I say keep rolling with this idea.

Thumbs up

i like it how it is but can you somehom make a module on it so warps will work on it and make it not to expensive because i really want one just like that.
    good traders- agdmagman2001, magdude25,Geoff Noble, than205, X-plosive, speedball4life, CoFFey[NiTrO], Snakebite78, zads27

letters

How about milling in AGD in letters somewhere, or a logo or something. I like the general look though. It looks kind of industrial. Tough looking. I like it.
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)
    Team Nutz

http://users.clas.net/~martlet1/applet.htm

I think this looks sweet Tom. I think the tube on a frame look is kinda old school. I like it, but I like this a whole lot more. As several others have said, it certainly has potential. Were you saying that it is a direct retro fit for existing mags? Or did I just read too fast? If you did say that, does mean I could eventaually buy one and just bolt on my frame and slide in my valve and get to it? Anyway, I say keep rolling with this idea.

I realy realy realy realy, don't like the milling, the idea is good but the miling is nasty. Make the transitions look better and just make it flow better, it just dosen't look like anything special, the new X-treme bodys look realy nice and flow well, try to get somthing like that, I realy like the idea of what you are doing and I will probably be looking into purchasing a mag after these come out, if you change that milling, try to make horizontal gills and try to do some designs on the top of the body like a dragon back type milling or mabe sight rail windows like on a cocker. Just make it have more to it, right now it looks realy cheezy.
    You smell like dookie... No really though.

It's not to my personal taste but it will be nice looking when finished. The Automag is such a great gun with such a bad rep. I think that a wider range of cosmetic choices could really push the Automag back towards the top of the market! Nice work, keep the great ideas coming.
    My good traders list, and feedback for me:https://www.automags.org/forums/showt...251#post303251