Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: New Proto Gun Body Need Your Design Help!!!

Tom I like mags looks lots but this one looks wierd!!! Here is some input onto what I would think would make the new proto-type look better. A more boxy look to the gun. I know this may make it look different then usual mags but I really think that a more boxy look to the gun would make the mag that much more attractable. Maybe a way to slide the bolt into place and still be able to visibly see the Rt-Valve logo and stuff. This would be a plus and a complete overhaul of the body of the gun!!! And I think it would look sick. Also try not to use the current milling. It looks like you put tiger teeth on the things side!!

Chris
    I'm the original White Lightning!
    Team EE

Got to love Heineken and Sierra Nevada!

WOW!

Now thats what im talkin about! way to go Miscue.
    AO member 4 life

Ok guys here is a plain version, cut it up yourself. I also shortened the highrise.

Here is one with a low rise integrated sight rail. This one we might be able to make as a one piece body.

Here is another with a longer integrated sight rail. This to me has a completely different look.

Tom, wanna go check out my sketch at the thread named "I'm pullin a dave!"?

Good Traders:
    Tunaman, K-villeplayer, Magman007, Mastersconi, Jon/xpm, Kenndogg

My feedback if you've dealt with me, leave some...

Fruitcat: it's what AO doesn't like.

definitely leave it blank. milling is such a matter of personal taste. it'll be impossible to find something with universal appeal. we're all used to the tube look. many of us actually like the tube look. it's "clean" looking. functional. sleek. leaving it smooth without the milling gives us some of that feeling and still looks different and new.

not much but here's my idea that I did on paint with 3 prongs on back, I had editing software that was remotely decent so that it wouldnt look like a 3rd grader did it. I have other ideas but after trying them on paint they weren't coming out the way I wanted them to. Anyway, I tried..it's just a plain body, couldn't do any milling examples on paint that didnt look any better than drawing them on with a crayon
    Last edited by Clare; 09-16-2002 at 06:03 PM.

Here's my photoshop file... if you want to mess with it.

https://www.automags.org/~Miscue/nextgen.psd

Actually, I think the plain with the longer sight rail looks the best. Looks original, yet classic.

"I am your father."
    --Darth Vader

Definitely the last design with the longer integrated sight rail, that is sweet. Maybe just add interchangeble breeches like the extreme so people can use their warp feeds on it.

Tom, I love where your going with this one. The looks need some work, though I don't know what. Maybe keep the sides flat with a slight lip over the rail, then round the top and keep it the same size from the valve to the feed tube, then have a slight downward curve to it. I'd love too see one with a side feed (like the European extreme) for a Warp.

Anyway it works out, this would be an awsome bolt on replacement for an Emag, or RT Pro body.

Nevermind, I just saw the ones Miscue did, They look perfect, cept need that side feed.

I have been waiting for the chance to buy a body like this for my RT mag, mind you I have worthless programs for editing so this is ballpark. I would also love this in chrome.

btw the lines on the side of the warp hose are because it's interchangable with a vert feed?

Originally posted by Havoc_online
    I have been waiting for the chance to buy a body like this for my RT mag, mind you I have worthless programs for editing so this is ballpark. I would also love this in chrome.

btw the lines on the side of the warp hose are because it's interchangable with a vert feed?
    Chrome is kinda hard, but here's a shot.

[img]../~Miscue/nextgenchrome.jpg[/img]

oooooooooo I like it, checks in the mail.

I have to say though, I hope it'll be made for mag barrels, I hate the idea of a mag with cocker barrels. I think that's worthless stick to what has been working for automag for years, I like swithing barrels in a couple of quick easy moves. I think others will agree...

Uhg... It's 1:25 but I was determined to finish my work...

It's supposed to have a 15* z-grip.

I think the original looks aweful. I like Miscue's version more. And then the third of the three that Tom posted it getting there... but I still don't think any of them are the facelift or what is really needed.

Seems like you are going to make an aluminium body and keep a seperate rail... That to me sounds like a more expensive step backwards from the Extreme.

If you are going to do this why not use a one piece simplified extreme body and have that as your base model gun.

Then have the modular and C&C extremes as the higher level guns. It would mean you still have a family look about the products and dare I say it would emulate WDP's approach which seems to have worked so well.

I think in doing this you are almost doubling your work and repeating what has already been started by the extreme. Why not consolidate your efforts?

manike

NO site rails for me, thank you very much!

I do like the body, except for the dovetail milled in the back where the site mounts. "86" the dovetail thing and add something like you did in the corresponding spot on the front. ADD the Warp feed-trap door, now your rocking!

Why can't you just make that plastic body go back further, so it goes over the valve, instead of having the sight rail. In other words, just make the body longer in the back.

Well to me it's looks like it's "cheap". Like Spyder lookish, which I don't really like. I would use a matte black finish, without a doubt that is the sharpest looking finish out there. Also a body rail that is like Benchmark's, that one is PURDY! Also you should include a matte black sight rail, and foregrip. It would all match and it would be beautiful! You could then get them in nice colors, and mags would be prettier than Angels.
    "If everything is under control your not moving fast enough."

Too much like an angel

Personally I like the plain body with the long sight rail. The Carved one you showed first made me think of an angel. Will this be a Verticle only body or will we be able to get it in PF and WF versions. I'm sorry if someone asked that already but my compter at work is a piece of junk and I'm having some trouble displaying the full thread.

Tom you said it's not an E-Mag, but the E-Mag valve may confuse someone who doesn't know better.

Tom,
    I think it's awesome what you guys come up with at the factory. However, I must say that this body is not for me. I kinda like the tube on a grip, but I also understand that that doesn't sell too much anymore.

I say, "follow your dreams, you can achieve your goals, I am living proof - beef cake, BEEF CAKE!" - Eric Cartman.

EDIT: I'm sorry, I hadn't seen Q's yet. I like what Miscue and Havoc came up with. Be careful though, you might get accused of copying the angel...

Later ~
    David M. Jones
    SPPLAT #1001321
    Loyal AGD Customer For Life
    "I love my Mag more than my girlfriend - is that wrong?"
    "In case you haven't heard you can run your mag over with your car and it will still work" - TK

Q's is right there! That is the one that made me say "Yes". It should be able to come in Power Feed or warp feed. How, with that body, I don't know. I must say that manike has the right idea:
    If you are going to do this why not use a one piece simplified extreme body and have that as your base model gun.
    Then have the modular and C&C extremes as the higher level guns. It would mean you still have a family look about the products and dare I say it would emulate WDP's approach which seems to have worked so well.
    I am happy that this idea is even on the drawing board!

miscue gets a free one!

The gun is 1/8" of a game that is a FOOT long!
    (...but a 'mag helps)
    I know I was born and I know that I'll die...the in between is mine. -Eddie Vedder
    Sinister Sainthood

sweetness....i go to sleep,and wake up to 3 pages of inovative genius.I would like to see one with green body,black feed tube,green intelliframe,with black stickies,and black forgrip,thanx

A design change and some recolors.

Fade

Chrome

And for Jonno06

Ok... my turn...

the original design looks ... um askew

suggestions

1. drop the center 4 hash mill marks and mill an AGD in to it

2. use an interchangable feed design or offer it in both vert and power feed (especially for warp)

3. if you change the milling try for a geiger-esque look when I first saw it that was what first poped in to my mind but the milling was just a bit off.

4. I love the idea of jewels and that is one of the cooler angel easter eggs that I would love to see AGD steal and intergrate. but lets try for durable metal ones. prolly with nifty swept lion theme, or a devil wing to cheeze off the angel guys. and make em all to fit the dovetail and compleatly un-usable on angels... kewl stuff draws converts. espeically when they cant mod their gun to accept it easily.

Now for miscue's mags
    My first impression was a memory of the Delorian from "Back to the Future" Im not to sure if that is a good thing or not.

ok time for consturctive comments.

1. Im not to fond of the flat colors and the high rise around the feed tube. something about that bugs me. I am against the TOTAL lack of milling. Heck I think that a nice AGD logo on the high portions would just make that flat portion pop. or even a nice pewter gem cut and inlayed would also rule.

2. I assume that the highrise is removable via the dovetail. honestly that would be the first thing I would chuck.

3. Now for finishes ... Im used to seeing all kinds of anodized and powdercoated markers ... but I have never seen a "Parkerized" marker. (for all of you unfamilar with parkerization; its a weather and rust proof coating commonly found on firearms and is the most awesome gunmetal grey color)

4. How about a plain polished metal so if one was so inclined to have it custom engraved at the local plaque shop you could. On base we have this great laser engraving equipment and it can cut a any design I want in to anything i want. And I have been dying to use and abuse the thing.
    ***Also check this ~you could get your team name engraved~
    How cool would that be?

5. This rehash also needs to be fited with the option for powerfeed. for all of us warp lovers.

this is all for now, I hope that this has been helpfull and one of these days I will stop slacking off and buy photoshop to bring my big dreams to life like all you.

Ed

AFTICA 4 Life! the low rent (unsponsored) AGD team at IAO
    Team Sandbaggers: 2k4 Texball Champs of the world!

SFL Emag
    RTP abomination
    Sydarm + scenario project VM-68 to be featured later.

Thanx Jansson,could you make the little AGD gem green.I mean the writing,not the whole thing.thanx again.

Definitely lose the RT Pro site rail. Miscue is on the right track. Why not work on integrating the body and rail. Fewer pieces should introduce less margin for error. I also agree it would be nice to be able to change the feed tube to a low or highrise. Would the tube need to be perforated to decrease blowback? This would also open the possiblity to more aftermarket products and a more customizable marker.

Tom, that's an awesome design. A keeper.
    -Mike

Thumbs up JanssonSWE

JanssonSWE - looks great! Good work!
    Greets Manuel
    .:| levelx retro z-minimag |:..:| spearhead #192 |:.
    .:| ---> looking for Flatline 4.5K or AA Apokalypse 2K <--- |:.