Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Something you should all read about Automag weight

Quote Originally Posted by Warwitch
    Holy Necro-posters! Thats a dead *** thread. And tho I love Mag's, they are like a brick compared to a Shocker.

That's because Shockers are made from such a cheap alloy that they can't even hold the anno.

Eh, there was an enormous difference between my DM6, e-Lotus, Black Magic, etc and my Xmag. The xmag was really heavy compared to them and not nearly as efficient. That's why I didn't keep it.

this thread is like... 5 years old.

[21:00] < FunkTehChillinMunky > I've got a Warped Sportz Dark Talon

Quote Originally Posted by Caboose
    Eh, there was an enormous difference between my DM6, e-Lotus, Black Magic, etc and my Xmag. The xmag was really heavy compared to them and not nearly as efficient. That's why I didn't keep it.
    well Ill take it off your hands if you dont like it so much
    t

If you're really worried about weight, you should shoot a 45/45. My unmilled viking(tank-like) weighs less than many guns just because the tank offsets the weight. The weight is all in the tank and hopper, so get a smaller tank. It's not like you're going to run out of air in the middle of one game. And if you're playing back and need an entire case+, then weight shouldn't matter as much to you anyway...
    you know you play this game too much when the neighbors stop fixing their broken windows...

...And tho I love Mag's, they are like a brick compared to a Shocker.
    Really?

VS.

Autocockers are the greatest markers ever made.
    ~The greatest BACKUP markers to AUTOMAGS!!

Only temporary, get'n a new sig soon.

Dead threads ftw!

No getting away from the weight of AGD stuff - but then heavy = long lasting.

Just weighed my markers (yes, I was that bored) all with barrels removed:

Heaviest was my Automag (photo) at 1674g (3lb 11oz) - although it could lose a small bit as it had the flatline reg fitted, while the others were weighed with just ASAs.

Next was my E-Mag (photo) at 1458g (3lb 3oz) - despite having factory ULE rail/frame plus ULE body and X-Valve.

Then my Nexus cocker (photo) at 1250g (2lb 12oz).

Lightest was my Angel 1 (photo) at 984g (2lb 2oz)

Over a pound difference between the Angel and E-Mag - but the Angel feels fragile, while the E-Mag feels solid

Quote Originally Posted by Lenny
    Really?

VS.

Come on now, Shockers havent been a shoebox in ages. Terrible examples of light Mags and Shockers. Your defense sucks. Which means you fail, but thanks for playing.

Come on now, Shockers havent been a shoebox in ages. Terrible examples of light Mags and Shockers. Your defense sucks. Which means you fail, but thanks for playing.
    Of course shockers are crap, so a well made marker that will last forever that weighs a bit more, or a light turd? A few words spoken by the immortal Butthead "You can't polish a turd Beavis!"
    Due to the objections of a certain Canadian, this space is now for rent.

Quote Originally Posted by AirAssault
    Of course shockers are crap, so a well made marker that will last forever that weighs a bit more, or a light turd? A few words spoken by the immortal Butthead "You can't polish a turd Beavis!"

I agree. Which is why I have Mags and Vikings. I was just making a standalone statement that the new Shockers are lighter than MOST mags. Thats all. Everybody settle down

For a second I thought tyson had come back and was posting. I got all excited and was going to ask him to do some custom work for me again, and I find out this is just the mother of all gravedigs.....

It was a joke. Go grab yourself a tampon.