View Poll Results: Where should we have the MO AO Meet?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Wildcat

1 4.35%
  • Gateway

1 4.35%
  • Xtreme

8 34.78%
  • Bushwackers

4 17.39%
  • Battle Creek

2 8.70%
  • Wacky Warriors

7 30.43%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: MO AO Location Poll

O.K. Ice...the ball is in your court big time. Take it and run!!

i have something to say, what was the point of the poll, if someone from wacky warriors or whatever comes in and just decideds for everyone?

just asking

Cliff
    AO MEMBER# 2967
    No Limit
    check out these killers...
    NFeel The JoyN

Up untill this weekend, wacky's was winning the poll, then tied with extreme. Now the poll shows extreme winning. I started the poll on March 28th. When I posted the final location, wackys was tied with extreme, but the people at wackys had shown the most interest in catering to us. BBQ pit, private ref, camping possibilities. No other fields have made offers. It just seemed the logical choise to make. In the end, does it really matter? The idea is to just get together. Let's do it at a place that will treat us right. I'm not saying the other places won't, it's just that we don't know. We can go around and around with fields and never end up having the meet. The poll was to give us a starting place. I think it did.
    In the end, I stand by my previous statement..."The idea is to just get together."

BTW I have never played at Wackys

i was just stating what i saw, thats fine, but are other fields even on the boards? i dont think so... i may be wrong

anyways, i dont care, i was just asking

Cliff

getting there is easy

to whoever needs directions, you can get them off the website, www.wackywarriors.com but it's realy simple, get on 40, and take that to pearce i believe it is(i usually use the wal-mart as my landmark, but you get on that over pass heading in the direction of wal-mart and the super8(or the big ol'hotel right there that i think is super8 but i may be wrong), than make a right at the signals, get on that service road, and fallow that down for a few minutes, it's across a set of railroad tracks on a gravel road, there is a semi-large white sign with wacky warriors printed in red with some paintball splat stickers on stickers on it and you can see the second netted safety area and the speed ball feild behinde that. look on the wacky site for some better directions, mine proly arn't as presise as they could be.

if anyone would like i will most probally grab my lil radio and a good sized collection of cds, but you may wanna bring out a few of ur own discs if you'd like, being as i know not alot of ppl are as into underground metal type stuff like converge and cradle of filth, nor is tori amos and bjork vary popular that i know of. if any of you guys have music sugguestions, i could almost deffinatly get my friend to rent out some cd's from his work to burn me.

Cliffio, just to answer your question about other fields being represented, I kinda speek for Battle Creek. As for my field, I have talked with the owner and if you all want to do several of these gatherings across the state Battle Creek will be more then happy to host us. They have camping sights as well as a full service store and pro shop.

They have some BBQ pits and if needs be I have a traler mounted smoker/cooker made out of a 500 gallon fuel drum that can cook a ton of burgers and stuff.

Just a thought for the future
    Don't try running, you will only give me a better story!

Accuracy by Skill!!
    Intimidation by Volume!!!

Proud member of The Militia

Proud member of Team Tactical Markers

My Feed BAck

Good point Tack. This does not have to be the one and only MO meet. (he he...sounds funny) We can rotate sites. That would be fun to do anyway!

Doobie is correct

This isnt a one time deal. At least I hope not anyway. We just need to pick the first place and run with it. After that we go to the next field and the next. Like maybe one a month through the summer. That way for the people that cant make one can hopefully make the next. I wasnt trying to drive everyone to Wackys. I was just looking at a starting point. If we want to start somewhere else. Then we need to get a spokes person from Extreme in here because they are currently winning the pole. I will still try to set as much of it up as I can.

Racegun Halfblock -AND- Raced ANS Gen-X
    Sponsors
    Racegun - Ricochet - Nitro Duck - Wacky Warriors - Paintball Outfitters

I am going to go up tomorrow

I am going to go up tomorrow and try to talk with the owners of Extreme and see what all they will let us do. As in camping and maybe set us up with a ref and so forth. If we get enough people we can just go as a group and get a discount, that I know they will do. Anyway just pick the place and I will get on the ball to get it all set up. The people that own Extreme are brothers with the people fr4om Wacky. So maybe they may cut us some slack.

I will see what I can do tomorrow.

is still a plan in the making? it sounds like it'd be prity fun to do like once a month. any dates made or anything to that sort? would my friend need to be a forum member to come or could we bring like one guest or so?

magatron- of course others are welcome! June 30th is the date we are shooting for now. Ice-child has the reigns on it and will let us know.

sweet stuff, i'll request off for tonight, sounds cool, i'm trying to conveince my friend to invest in a mag and ditch his spyder shutter, maybe this will convince him lol

Ok Im back

I have been really busy lately. Alot going on is all.

Anyway I will be at the field with Chris tomorrow. I will try to work out as much as possible with him about setting this up. The next field is Extreme. At least I think its that way. Unless soneone has a major problem with it. We can try to set one of these up a month. Would work great for those that cant make one can try to make the next.

I will post all that I can get done monday night. Hopefully can have every detail (or at least close to every detail) worked out.

I am going to try and get:
    Overnight camping
    BBQ Setup
    Our own Ref for the day
    Discount on paint (this is a maybe, would depend on how many show up)
    Discount on play

Let me see what I can do.

You 'da man Ice!

hay ice, do you work at any of the stores or are you feild only? i noticed that the store i usually buy all my stuff from, paintball outfitters in side of dunn's sporting goods, is a wacvky warriors store. just curious.

Yes I work for the Fairview store

Kinda part time I guess you would say. More like when they need the help I am there. The deal with Dunns Sporting Goods, they wanted to open their own Paintball Store. Well Chris worked some kind of deal with them. they run the store inside their store. But it is still part of Wacky and Paintball Outfitters.

cool.
    did any of you guys realize there is no june 30? it ends on the 29

Dude, June 30th is a sunday. Look at the calender again.

I didnt pick the date

We posted the 29th or 30th. Everyone was looking more into the 30th. I can talk to Chris about the 29the. I have to walk out the door in like 5 minutes. Gotta go to work.

So we are now looking at the 29th.

Correct ??

no there IS a June 30th. That is the day most people have posted for. 30 June.
    Ice child:
    We posted the 29th or 30th. Everyone was looking more into the 30th.

So when the the Xtreme meet. That will be the one I come to. And it looks as though Xtreme is leading the poll right now. I was hoping around hte end of June.. that seems to be a good tiem for everyone eh?

well

I'm in. I get to K.C. the end of may so I should even be unpacked and settled by the 30th of june. ... this should be fun.
    being tall is good, except when you're the last one on your team and stuck behind the smallest bunker on the field.

Vegeta- I put the poll up on March 28th. The poll will fluctuate th elonger it is up. At the time I decided it had been up long enough, Wacky's was ahead. I really hope your decision to not go to this one is not solely based on the field. We are planning on doing it at different fields each month. Xtreme is next!

sorry i somehow missed that 30th, i'm a dumbass. so it's on for the 30th? just wanna make for sure cause i gots ta get off from work. are wes doing an over night campin out type thing? just wondering cause i know camping was mentioned and if so i'd need to know as well, sorry i'm annoying you guys though

Extreme

I think extreme will let you camp there if they know some of us. Sanj knows me because we played in the Friday night league last summer. I get e-mail from his field all the damn time. Didnt they just put in the inflatable field???
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)
    Team Nutz

http://users.clas.net/~martlet1/applet.htm

Extreme

Yes they have a inflatable field in the front. It doesnt look that bad. But from what I hear it is the best field they have to offer. Chris from Wacky is putting in three more fields at their Millstadt field. I was floored to hear him say it. We have only been on him for like two years to do it. I will keep a post or start a forums post to keep any one interested updated. I will talk with them and see what we can do. Ice-Child is supposed to get ahold of them (extreme), and see what we can and cant do there. So by the looks of it he needs to work on Extreme first. Then maybe plan on for August at Wacky Warriors ??

I am almost lost on here. Which field are we working on ??

LMK.....I am Blonde, and Old.....I have two excuse's
    Wacky Warriors has been in business since 1983.
    Main Office is located at
    4951 Sean Dr,
    Imperial, Mo. 63052
    Call us if you have any questions or problems.
    We'll be glad to help!
    (636)296-0964
    (636)296-9319 Fax
    email us at wacky_warriors@hotmail.com

Ok Here we go

I made a post. All I need you to do is to answer yes or no as to if you are going to be there or not. It makes a difference. I can set us up as a group. Which means less cost out of pocket to play. I also set it up so that we can stay there saturday night and camp, bbq, party (a little or alot, doesnt matter. Noone has to drive anywhere afterward). All we have to do if we camp is to make sure we dont trash out the place while we are there. So please go to the other post and type yes or no. If you can make it on the 29th to camp would help as well. That way Chris knows how many of us will be there. I am trying to set us up as a group. That way it will be just us playing. If we want to take on open play or stay as a group we can decide that morning.

yes or no forum
    Last edited by Ice-Child; 05-02-2002 at 03:03 PM.

I belive that extreme now has a ball wall field out front.... it is really nice looking.. fully nettet... right by the stands too.

Vegeta

I live in Millstadt. Extreme is like a 5 minute drive from my house. So is Wacky's east field. I drove by there tuesday night and took a look at that field out front. It isnt a bad looking field. But I used to play there when it was Behind the Lines. Probably before you even heard of paintball. 1986 if I remember right is when they leased the land and started their field. I know every inch of that place. It would just depend on how they set the field lines would be the only difference. Like I said I will be going by there saturday to try and set a Il. meet up. Maybe get some Mo people to go as well.

Lets get this back to the top

Dont want anyone forgetting we are trying to get this all together on a shoestring. That may sound old school for some of the younger people. But hey I am old school.