I was watching a documentary on the sinking of the Kursk. They say the primary fault was a faulty line leaking hydrogen peroxide on some metal pipes that formed a gas that expanded inside a torpedo. Eventually causing an explostion that caused a fire which set off the other ordinance in the sub.

What peaked my interest was that hydrogen peroxide and the metal it mixed with had a liquid to gas volume expansion ratio of 1:600 or around there of. (Enough to rip through torperdo casing like a bomb.) I know in the past we talked about Helium as an alternative to CO2 or Nitrogen. But what about newer ways to refill HPA tanks? Something more economical, faster to dispurse at tourneys and scenerios, and safe.

I'm no where even close to knowing my Chemistry (I took more Physics in college just to bypass Chemistry class), but if I recall can't you mix hydrogen peroxide with another element that seprates the oxygen and water and give you an expansion ratio around 1:300?

So instead of relying on a field with a compressor we might have a two part test tube that you slip into your tank that causes a chemical reaction. Your tank gets refilled with oxygen and the water would be discharged by some purge valve. Sorta like glow sticks with peroxide and luminal. Both are seperate untill the seal between the two are broken and the chemical recation takes over.

I know it sounds far off, but almost plausible. Now I think about it, same concept for instant inflatable rafts, but apply HPA tanks to the picture.