Thread: Superbolt sucks !

Superbolt sucks !

I've been using my superbolt (in my Emag), which I've had since they first came out, with very mixed results. But today was the last straw ! I went to CPX to play some ball. Most of the times I've played with the superbolt in my gun, I've had problems with bolt stick, the "lawn sprinkler" leak, leaking down my barrel, inconsistent velocities and so on, and yes I've replaced countless numbers of o-rings and last week I replaced and lubed all the orings in my regulator. Anyways, today I gas up my gun and it works fine so I head over to the chrono and my first shot is 165, then 270, then 150. (I've had SOOOOOOO many problems with inconsistent velocities using the superbolt !) I figure what the heck, I'll play with it as is. The game starts and for every 1 ball that comes out of my barrel intact, 10 break. They were all breech breaks, none down my barrel. At the end of the game I had so much broken paint in my breech and barrel that the gun wouldn't even shoot. So I go back to truck and tear down the gun. Out comes the superbolt and in goes the stock bolt. I cleaned it up and put the stock .220 power tube spacer back in and headed back to the field. For the rest of the day the gun ran flawlessly, which is how it ran before I ever got involved with this stupid superbolt. My velocity was consistent and my accuracy was dead on. I did have a few breaks as the day went on, but I think the paint was old. The breaks were barrel breaks though, none in the breech.

In the past I've tried all the powertube spacers with the superbolt with mixed results. It seems like it works fine one day but the next time I play it acts up with either bolt stick or leaking down the barrel, and always inconsistent velocities. The .235 spacer works best most of the time but not always. I've used the superbolt with and without a foamie attached and it doesn't seem to make much of a difference. Today I also used the barrel that gave me the best paint to barrel match so that wasn't the issue either. Friday I replaced all the o-rings in the gun, including the black quad o-ring in the on/off. It worked ok on Friday test firing in the backyard but the velocity wasn't really consistent. With the stock bolt, everything works perfect. No leaking, no bolt stick, and consistent velocity over the chrono.

My question is why does this superbolt suck so bad ??!! It's great when it works, no recoil and smooth as hell, but most of the time it gives me nothing but trouble. I will be sending it back to AGD, if I can, on Monday. AGD has always made superior products but this one really blows.

Why does it suck?!?!

I don't think I have heard any complaints like this before. I have not heard of the superbolt messing up your velocity.

What type of face do you have on your SB?

re:

I originally used it without the foamie attached, but lately I did have a foamie glued on the end of it. It didn't help any.

wow, I had a similar thing happen at the field when I had the superbolt. Over the chrono, my mag shot like 300+ and then down to 150 then back up, and it went a little crazy until it got about 270 + or- 5 fps. I never thought about it being the superbolt...I'll have to look into that...I know one prob that I did have was getting the warp to spin because the superbolt doesn't hardly create enough recoil to get the thing moving, that, and it was going slow due to the cold weather.

-Dave

I dont know if it makes any difference but the newer stlye SB that I have has never once given me any trouble and its been through I sy bout 12000 rounds and hasn't broken yet. not one breech brake. I have had a couple barrel brakes but thats cuz bad paint-barrel match
    Black Warp Left E-mag #EM00163
    emagnum board
    14in freak
    12v smoke warp w/ interlink
    drilled 12v revy w/ JMJ impeller and WAS turbo rev board
    shocktech drop
    AGD flatline dovetail adaptor
    68 3000 flatline

***soon to be***
    emagnum body rail
    black powder coat
    custom grips from Frymarker

The foamie came with ALL the latest superbolts. The old ones did not. Sounds like you have one of the old ones. The old ones were indeed too long and caused a lot of breach breaks. Call AGD and see if you can exchange it for a new one.

I don't know if this would be the case with yours, but after I boiled my bolt the delrin sleeve spun. In some cases the the air flow could be restricted because the open parts of the delrin face and the metal face underneath did'nt line up. Since the mag bolt spins slightly after every shot this could cause the faces to line up and not line up between shot. I would think this might cause velocity jumps like the ones you described.

Does your sleeve spin at all? Just a theory.

Moorewatch

If you read this, thank a teacher.
    If you read this in English, thank a soldier.

It sounds to me like the sides of your bolt are rubbing or cating on your bolt washer. I think that is what you call it...the thing that stops the bolt. Have you checked to see if the bolt slides freely in the breach of your barrel? I am guessing it is that washer or a tight fit in your breach and is putting friction on the forward movement of the bolt, slowing it down.

Just another idea.

kila
    Kila V2 Magnetic Suspension Detents for Angel 04 Speed, LED, LCD, IR3's, X-mag, ULE Mag, TAC-1, SFL Emag, NYX Matrix, E-blade, Mac Dev Cyborg, Bushmaster 2000, All other Cocker threaded guns, Shocker, Nerve, Impulse

Kila V2 for Alias...the ountdown is on!

Email: kilaproducts@hotmail.com
    www.kilaproducts.com
    AO PM: kilaueakid