Thread: Chopping like crazy with Warp this weekend.

Chopping like crazy with Warp this weekend.

This is the second time I've used my Warp on the field. The first time I ran it on my (RT)Micro w/Vert feed, not one single break all day. This Saturday I ran it on my (RT)MiniMag, w/Intelliframe hooked up to a 12v Revy. (I also have a 12 volt Mod done on my Warp). All batteries were new (yes they were turned on). I'm running two jumpers in the Warp with a medium sensitivity setting. I ran the Warp for the first 5 games and was chopping 3 or four balls per game, all in the breach (up the feed neck). I didn't want to mess with it at the field, so I pulled the Warp off and mounted my Revy on top, didn't chop a ball the rest of the day. For whatever reason, the Warp wasn't keeping up. When I chopped or had a miss fire I would look in the powerfeed neck and it would not be full. I don't know if the Revy's not keeping up or if I need to fine-tune the Warp. (?)

is the warp intellifed?
    Thanotos

http://www.factcheck.org

No. Intelli to Revy.

chkeck the powerfeed plug.....

mine likes to move every once in a while and the i get the feed problems like you had...
    Virus, King of the Basement Trollz has spoken

I agree with virus, check the PF plug, it may not be giving you a good stack with the warp. You may also want to seriously consider linking the Intelliframe to the warp instead of the revvy. That should give you a little more consistant feeding.

If that does not help you may want to check to make sure your warp disks are tight enough, and possible increase the spin time on the warp.
    Potatoboy!

"I agree with virus, check the PF plug, it may not be giving you a good stack" ..... Feed tube is empty.

How do you adjust disk pressure.

When you take the two shells of the warp apart there and remove the actual wheel, it is held together by two screws.

If you look at the diagram here you can see the wheel assembly in the upper right hand corner. Make sure that those screws are tight and that they are both equally tight.

You absolutely NEED the interlink cable from EMag to warp. Get that and your worries are over. Every trigger pull will activate the warp, which in turn will activate the revvy, and you will never misfeed a ball (given that your ballstack is properly aligned). I love my setup.
    -----------------------------------------------
    You: "Ouch, Ouch, I'm Hit, I'm Hit!"... Me: "hehehehehehehehehehehehe"
    My Baby - My Other Baby

EMail:hagen@uwm.edu
    AIM: hagenUWM
    -----------------------------------------------

He only NEEDS that if he has an Emag. Which he doesn't.

But I do agree that you should intellifeed the Warp, not the revvy.

* I was under the assumption that the Revy was the week link.(?)

* Are the pressure disks "user friendly" or do I just need to make sure the screws are tight.

* I will try the Intelli link to the Warp to see what happens. Wont hurt to try it.

The revvy is the weak link, but thanks to the design of the warp it will attempt to catch up by continuing to spin after a round is fired to clean up any gaps. The problem is that with a warp setup if the warp skips your shot because it didn't sense the vibration you will not feed another ball properly. You may end up with half a ball in the breech, resulting in a chop.

Your best bet is to let the warp do it's job and make sure it spins every shot. The best way to do this is to run the intellifeed to it.

The pressure disks don't have to be exact, but if they're too loose there won't be enough pressure pusing the balls up the tube into the breech.

Originally posted by PotatoBoy
    He only NEEDS that if he has an Emag. Which he doesn't.
    Oops, my bad, between this post and the other "I'm unhappy with my warp this weekend" post I got a little confused... morso than normal.

In any case luke, you may want to crank up the vibration setting so the slightest touch turns the wheel... either that or mess with the jumpers to fine tune the ammount of time the wheel spins when it actually does spin.

I understand how to increase and decrease the length of time the wheels spin, but, what is a good way to determine the amount of jumpers to use?

I will check the disks, but I really don't think they are loose, there seems to be a significant amount of pressure on the balls.

I'm leaning towards the Intelli link to Warp..... I will try it tonight.

You want the jumpers set so that when the warp spins it spins about 2 to 2.5 ball lenghts.

Thanks, I think I'm pretty close to that with two jumpers.