Thread: rt regulator piston assembly - valve leaking thru the front

rt regulator piston assembly - valve leaking thru the front

Hi,

i have a couple of questions regrading how to assemble the regulator pin.

the regulator valve pin assembly supports the regulator seat and the holder. From the exploded diagram it seems like the regulator holder side which has the "indentations" should look towards the back of the gun (towards the regulator nut) and the regulator seat oring should be placed before the holder. is this correct?
    Has this system changed through the years?
    I have an RT with SN 01002 and i believe this is a valve produced before the RT pro. Is this correct or the difference between RT and RT pro does not lie in the valve assembly?
    Also, to correct a problem with the valve leaking throu the barrel whenever it is gassed up, should i try to change both the teflon oring in the top of the on off assembly and the power tube oring?

Thanks to all of you for helping out

You are correct on the assembly procedures. You can't put the brass reg. seat holder in backwards and still fully tighten the two halves together. The only difference between the RT valve and the Retro Valve is fitment issues and the placement of the air inlet hole.

To fix the leak, replace the PT o-ring or the PT spacer to a shorter size.

thanks for the info.
    still have a doubt:
    when assembeld this way, there will be direct contact between two metal pieces, the regulator body and the regulator seat holder, because the smal circular space in the regulator sead holder in the side of the indentations will not be filled with anything, since the oring is inside the regulator body. am i confusing enough?
    but do you get the idea? i tried this yesterday and what i see is that, the seat holder comes in contact with the regulator body and the small regulator oring in the front of the regulator body is not thick enough to avoid this contact.

about the spacer, it is not necessary to use the same 225 spacer, a different one can be used right?
    thanks again

The brass reg. seat hold is suppose to touch the black reg. body. That keeps it straight and in proper alignment. You'll see that the reg. seat holder has flat spots on it so it can sit flush against the reg. body.

Using the .225 spacer is not necessary. Use any spacer that works so that you don't get barrel leaks or bolt stick. Usually .220-.230 will work in 95% of all Mags.

thanks.
    so it is true that the two metal parts come in contact directly. just seemed weird.
    i will try the spacers tonight and i will also change the orings just in case.
    i'll let you know how it turns out.
    thanks for everything.

i changed the on off top oring, the on off teflon oring, the power tube oring and tried several spacers. The results were the same, the vale leaked thru the barrel no matter whether the trigger was pulled or not.
    I'm thinking about changing the power tube tip oring (i didn't have one in the parts kit), the entire on off assembly and try again several spacers.
    i am thinking about the on of because if it were ok, pulling the trigger will stop the leak right?
    any other suggestion?
    thanks.