Thread: Really Confused About Internal Regs on Mags

Really Confused About Internal Regs on Mags

Hey, i'm getting a mag soon so i called my local proshop to get prices and compare them to what i could get off line. If they could give me the same price i figured i would buy it from them. So anyway, I asked him about minimags and he said they're great guns, and i would get about 500 shots from my steel 47/3000 tank that i have right now. So then he goes on to tell me how if I put an adjustable in-line reg i would get more shots. Then i asked him, i heard that mags already have internal regs and that adding another (he recommended the Vigilante or Messiah) would starve the marker for air. He then told me that mags dont have internal regs and that there is only a piston assembly. I thought that was wierd because I have heard a million times in forums and mag reviews that the mag does have an internal regulator that drops the pressure down to 400 psi. He also told me that if i do put an adjustable in-line reg ( which he recommended) on my mag to turn the pressure down to 400 psi. Now, i've heard that if you use a reg, you should turn it up at least 200 psi above the next reg in the sequence, that being the internal reg of the mag. I'm only 13 and kinda new to mags so if you could clear all this up for me that would be great. Thanks alot

You could run it at 400 if you open the AIR all the way, but it's not worth it.

The AIR valve *IS* a regulator, and a ver good one at that.

Don't listen to him.
    Potatoboy!

Seems to me that you already know 10 times more about Automags than that "proshop" dude ever will

Yes, the Advanced Integrated Regulator (AIR) Valve is just that, a high quality regulator. Another reg is not needed unless it is already part of your tank. Make sure the AIR valve is getting at least 600psi from the tank, and you are set.

In the back seat of your truck with duct tape stretched out..
    I think that proshop guy needs to be turned in to the better business bureau LOL... he was tyring to rip you off! Go up there and telling him about himself!