Thread: How does a fixed pressure tank work with a mag?

How does a fixed pressure tank work with a mag?

I want to get a cheaper tank than my flatline for a back up. I was thinking of a simple screw in pure energy, or other cheap screw in tank. Doesn't a mag need that adjustable input pressure that the flatline provides. And please don't say, "Well, just get the adjustable bla bla tank, it's only $300." I said cheaper...
    WE ARE DEADCELL, AND WE WILL RUN THROUGH YOU

Dayspring - "We've had Clare at Shatnerball." "I'm confident that she can take 20 guys."

"I'd trade my cocker for some steady pu**y"

adjustableness is not needed because mags have a reg in them, i suppose you could get an adjustable if you wanted to tune your the rt-ness of your trigger
    My generation is too lazy to be rebellious.

In the back seat of your truck with duct tape stretched out..
    Just as fish said... the adjustable reg on the tank is good for rt's or angels etc..ones that can shoot efficiently on less than 600 psi. I've used a steel pmi pure energy tank on mine before I got my flatline and it worked fine.

My almost 7-year-old Minimag (with original valve) has been functioning perfectly for the past year with a Crossfire 68ci Stubby @ 850psi output.

Well, I have an RT pro, so it will work, but I cant tune the reactiveness with a fixed output? So it would be ok for a back up tank?

You should be OK. You won't be able to adjust the reactiveness, though. What pressure output? (My tank at 850 made the trigger of a ReTro Valve very reactive, but not over the top).

Well you can use a preset on a regular mag, because as saud above, the A.I.R. (Advanced Internal Regulator) regulates the pressure down to like 400 anyway.

On RT's you don need an adjustable, but with a preset you will not be able to adjust the pressure/reactiveness.
    "If everything is under control your not moving fast enough."

The only point of an adj. on a mag would be to adjust reactiveness on an RT, Retro, RT Pro, or emag.