Thread: Flatline nitro tanks and bad fillniples?

Flatline nitro tanks and bad fillniples?

i was over at pbreview.com and saw that many people comented on the filniples on these tanks and how some would leak and some wouldnt fill. i wanna know your experiences, is there fixes, and what would cause this, also is it a rare occourance?

I believe it has something to do with the fill nipple assembly... That "C" clip that keeps the pin in the nipple. When I got one that leaked, I noticed that the nipple o ring was damaged. I was told by Jon (AGD Tech) to replace the pin with the one they are sending without the "C" clip.
    Proud AGD Marker Owner Since 94
    My Pretty Pewter ULE MiniMag!
    Stuff for Sale

Where the beer is deep. The forest is funny colored. Cloud nine is a thought away.
    Aliens, dont worry about my tank, I had a new one installed .
    AO #765
    CCM Series 5
    Prerelease Impulse
    Hyperframed Warped Mag w/flatline tank
    Feedback.

Good to know that somone of Tom's status seeks "relief" from a sport he helped create. A sport now ruled by a single patent.

yay! i wasnt direclty refering to the tank im getting from you but thats nice to know, another thing is mabey thats why my old nitro tank wont fill... oh well. dubstar u ever have that problem tho? i mean u say it works now and i belive u and im still gonna get the tank from u just have u had any problems b4? also does it come wit instructions and that neat box ?

I have had problems on a few occassions getting the fill station's QD to connect to the nipple. For whatever reason, the fill nipples AGD uses don't fit too well on Q/Ds.

Most of hte time it just makes htem a pain in the butt to get on and off hte fill station, and more prone for the fill line to pop off and flap around. Only on one occasion did I come across a fill station that wouldn't fit the nipple at all.

Kinda a pain in the butt...

The QD would not fit on the fill nipple of a new 4500
    flatline the first time It was filled. Had to replace the fill nipple. Since than have had it filled at another store and it worked fine.

Where the beer is deep. The forest is funny colored. Cloud nine is a thought away.
    I didnt have a problem with my tank not filling, I had a problem of slllloooowww filling. So, i replaced it with a better nipple. Sorry, im not the original owner of the tnak so no neato box is included. the previous owner only used the tank once(my teammate)