Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Billboard Design Contest!!!!!

Billboard Design Contest!!!!!

AO Artists,

In a cunning marketing ploy we have snagged the roadside billboard 100 feet before you turn into the fairground for the Amateur Open!!

EVERYONE that comes to the event will get an eyefull every day. With that said, I want my crack design team to come up with a killer layout for the thing and that means a contest! I'll give an RTpro to the winner.

I am going to open up the contest to any kind of artwork since we are looking for ideas not finished images. I would expect that we will probably be using photographs etc.

We will have you vote on the top 10 and then we will pick one to be the winner. There may be different considerations etc. in the way we must make the final decision. We will give more weight to snappy slogans than pics of players.

It may be that a certain image, say a guy with a marker, is used in several submissions. If two adds are alike, we will go with the first submission.

Usual rules apply, we can change the rules for any time for any reason. All submissions become the propery of AGD. You can not use anyone elses copywrited work. You must email your entries to contest@airgun.com. DO NOT post your entries here, that will mean you just gave your ideas to the world and you get disqualified. We will setup an entries page with all the layouts for you to judge later. Contest will run for about 14 days or less, we have to have finished art in by June 1st.

Do post questions here, I will asssign someone to answer your questions (Hexis and Synreal?)

AGD

Layout specifics:
    set program image to 5" high and 11" wide
    Printer res. 300 dpi
    Final billboard is 5 foot high and 11 feet wide.
    Last edited by AGD; 05-08-2002 at 12:11 AM.

NO!!! I NEED TO FIND A SCANNER THAT ACTUALLY WORKS!!! MUST FIND SCANNER TO WIN RT PRO!!!

Also:
    Does the pic have to be colored? If it doesn't I can just draw it all out and then just snap a pic of it...
    Last edited by FooTemps; 05-08-2002 at 12:37 AM.

Good Traders:
    Tunaman, K-villeplayer, Magman007, Mastersconi, Jon/xpm, Kenndogg

My feedback if you've dealt with me, leave some...

Fruitcat: it's what AO doesn't like.

Can I assume that like in the past you will except more than one entry per person?
    Thanks
    Hitmanng

more than one entry ok

hand drawn ok but make it really good. No chicken scratches.

AGD

Tom... When my comic character's are on the line I'll do a good job! lol... I'll try to make a billboard and work on the comic...

what did you want th billboard to emphasize...AGD, or AO or the Extreme or ?????

I want people to think "that is a cool billboard" or "look at that! They have a billboard!!"

AGD

Cool need more info

please give direction as to what we are advertising AGD the new gun a general theme would be nice to know

Re: Billboard Design Contest!!!!!

Originally posted by AGD
    Do post questions here, I will asssign someone to answer your questions (Hexis and Synreal?)
    does we mean we can't play too if so, i have no problem lending a hand with running this. let me know either way

btw, for you non photoshop people, your submission needs to be 3300x1500 pixels.

templates - photoshop and gif

-james
    Last edited by synreal; 05-08-2002 at 08:34 AM.

Re-vamping the AGD Logo to make it a little more modern would really get people thinking. People would see it and say,"Hey!! AGD re-did their logo......looks like they're moving ahead." When in fact AGD is far ahead of everyone else. Then there should be a couple of really nice looking Extreme's or SFL's and maybe an RT Pro on either side of the AGD Logo. It would show people that AGD is a company of innovation and is not stuck in the past and they are very much a presence in the technilogical field of paintball.

I'll see if I can do a little drawing. Let me know what you think.
    I have no Sig.

Good Traders

what format do you want them sent in as?

Mmmmmm....RTpro....*drools*
    Last edited by Skoad; 05-08-2002 at 11:09 AM.

High quality JPEGs are fine

Don't know if you have someone to make it yet Tom, but my family runs a nationwide sign company and would more than likely be capable of making the sign. Otherwise, I'll send a billboard design one way or the other. *drools at thought of another mag*

The easiest way to save a Photoshop file to a web safe format is to use the "Save for Web" item under the file menu, this will let you pick which format (gif, jpg, png) and quality you would like to export your file with.

Just a few points to think about when you start to work on designs:

15. keep your layout simple, whoever looks at it will either driving or walking by and can't/won't focus on the billboard for more than a few seconds (limit the amount of verbage you display)

16. make sure that any text you put into the design will be able to be read from afar, with ease (we don't want to cause pileups from people squinting at our ads)

17. keep it clean
  18. Last edited by synreal; 05-08-2002 at 12:03 PM.

im not gonna send an entry,but i think ti would be a good idea for the sign to have bright colors.....bright colors always make people look......

also put something for AO on there

I think I have a cool slogan, but I'm not an artist, would you consider this minus any photography as a valid entry?

Originally posted by luke
    I think I have a cool slogan, but I'm not an artist, would you consider this minus any photography as a valid entry?
    I believe Tom is looking for ideas that can readily be ported into an actual billboard. If I were you, I'd think about visuals to go with your slogan try to rough out a design layout to accompany your slogan.

This is the IAO in Pittsburgh in August right?

I need clearance from AO to put it on my billboard!!

FreshmanBob Guest
    whens the deadline?

i was wondering-- if we have to have the submission format be so large, would it be possible to obtain a vector-based file of the AGD logo? or, if that's not an option, a large-format logo?

thanks!

meanelvis

Keep in mind that this is a "concept" contest. How sharp the logo looks is not an issue... a good hand drawn entry with clear ideas and concepts can win as easily as a fancy computer designed one. All ideas will be redone, not duplicated larger.

Also, if you look in the PDF documents you can use the vector based logo in there to make an arbitrarily large pixel based logo. Just open the file in Photoshop and pick a dpi. Photoshop will render the page and you can Cut & Paste from there into your contest entry.

You will have to experiment with the dpi to get the size you want. You can start large and scale down in Photoshop pretty easily.

Deadline for all contest entries

The deadline for all contest entries is 11:59pm Sunday May 19th.

That gives you this weekend, next week and next weekend to work on things.

Please have your entries emailed to contest@airgun.com by then.

not sure tom if someone posted this but...

my favorite paintball pics are the following

that pic of the guy withthe black magic that used to be on the worr website(it was green palleted with a cool pose) and a real cool pic of a hyper ball field with a guy jumping over the top of one of the black tubes and shooting someone crawling on the ground

i figured you could get something cool like that with a mag in the pic

and then have a pic of a mag on the lower right and then the agd lion above it

heres basically what it would look like

and also unlike the pic the action sceen would be a bit wider(sorta panoramic)

please like my idea the most i think it goes with your company style and i really want an rt pro(i also need it since i practically desimated my autococker, and i need a gun that i can play with while i get that working[btw of course then the rt would be better than my cocker and i would make great use of the rt!!!!])

ahh yes i found a good pic that might work

something like that i dont have any good pics in action but i know you do and ao memebers must have them.

and as my name says i dont have a mag so this would be a very nice way to let me in the family officaly

whoops sry didnt see you wanted me to email it

and i emailed you with my brucelee0123@yahoo.com address so you know it wasnt someone who stole my idea or anything

I just want to understand what you're looking for.

"Effective" advertising, or ads that look flashy and such.

What I mean is the comparasin of the "drink coke" advertisements and the etrade ads during the superbowl. One sells product, one is artistic.
    [*img]http://userpic.livejournal.com/11885469/469200[/img]
    Filesize too large- Tato
    Greatest "Sponsor" Ever.

Effective ads...

Hmm... cool looking, girls, maybe flashy, eye catching... get the point?