Thread: RT Questions from the new guy

RT Questions from the new guy

Up until recently I have been an autococker guy, until I shot a RT. Now I have one and so do two other friends after shooting mine. We all bought used off this web site. All three RT’s are a little different, one is a new RT PRO vert feed, one is a year or so old power feed and mine is a SFL RT power feed. I am trying to read as much as I can and still don’t have a couple of things answered.

First question- Is a 45 frame for a RT specific to a RT or will a 45 frame from a Classic or Minimag fit. I know the RT PRO does not have a banjo bolt but the older two do, how does these effect things.

Second question- will any automag o-ring kit work in a RT.

Third- I do not have an adjustable regulator on my nitrogen bottle. I have a Center Flag Hyperflo 420 that claims to have a preset pressure of 750 psi +/- The video I received with one of the RTs said not to exceed 700psi. Yet other people on this forum say they put up to 1200psi in there guns. What is the deal and 750psi should not be an issue correct.

Finally- I would like opinions on how some of you like WARP feed on your mags, and how easy are they to set up.

I don’t expect you to answer all the questions but your suggestions would be greatly appreciated

An Automag o ring kit will not work in an RT for the on off pin assembly has some diffrent sized orings.

=

ok... lets see what i can do for ya...

1. the grip frame gun specific..... yes and no... the 2 rts with the banjo bolts require a larger hole to go through..... those grip frames with a spacer will work on a classic/auto/mini/RTPro with a proper sized bushing.... but not in reverse though they could be drilled out to work but then the bushing comes into play again if you wish it to go back......

2. parts kits..... for the old style RTs, RTPros, Emag and Retro valve all need the RT parts kit.... the Emag, RTPro and ReTro valve are all basicly the same valve as far as parts go with the exception of the emag valve 1 set of orings differs slightly in the on/off assembly......

3. hpa tanks..... the 420 will work fine... the bennies of an adjustable tank is that your can adjust the reactiveness of the trigger..... myself i run 1k into my vlave and have no problems with the trigger bouning out of control.... or with the trigger being too stiff (used a tippmann carbine for 2 years got strong fingers now) =)

and the warp...... i luv mine to death.... as for putting it on... it only take 5 mins top.... the mounting plate goes between the bottom the gtip and your d/f (may need longer screws), the warp itself attaches to the other end of the bracket, put on your hopper and hose, posistion it how you like then tighen it all down.. thats about it for mounting though there are others things you could do to it, like cutout part of the hopper and run the hose through it and such....
    Virus, King of the Basement Trollz has spoken

what is the effect of running compressed air instead of nitrogen? you can run both in an rt, right?
    chris nord
    97' tl1000s (red)
    agd automag rt

Thanks for the fast reply ! How good is the intelliframe vs a benchmark two finger frame. and do you have less balls being broke because of the warp and does it justify the price?

what is the effect of running compressed air instead of nitrogen? you can run both in an rt, right?
    As far as paintball is concerned, for all practical purposes compressed air and nitrogen are the same (air is around 70% nitrogen anyway).

In the back seat of your truck with duct tape stretched out..
    GPZ1170-

If you're looking for a new frame.. go intelliframe. Its made by AGD , the ones who made your marker. The tolerances on the Benchy's are way off most of the time. It will have slop in the trigger on all four sides. With the intelliframe.. you bolt it on.. and you're ready to go. You may need to put a longer or shorter PT spacer on but other than that it will shoot fine right out of the box and onto the gun.

what is a PT spacer and does it come with intelliframe. I also have the banjo bolt style gun so would the rear hole on the frame need to be drilled larger?

Originally posted by GPZ1170
    what is a PT spacer and does it come with intelliframe. I also have the banjo bolt style gun so would the rear hole on the frame need to be drilled larger?
    The Power Tube spacer goes inside the power tube between the PT o-ring and the PT tip. There are several different sizes in order to properly position the PT o-ring so seals properly with the end of the power tube plunger inside the bolt. Bolt stick or barrel leaks are commonly solved by changing the PT spacer size.

If the frame came from the factory with the rear hole pre-drilled to be bigger (to fit the banjo bolt) then you won't have to drill. Only it came drilled to fit normal A.I.R./Retro valve field strip bolts will the rear hole have to be enlarged to fit the banjo bolt.