Page 217 of 220 FirstFirst ... 117167207213214215216217218219220 LastLast
Results 6,481 to 6,510 of 6586

Thread: TooDamnSweet Needs some AO Spirit

  1. #6481
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Nashville/Knoxville TN
    Posts
    4,461
    Quote Originally Posted by gibby
    Yeah, I know. I had to finish what you started.
    Planning our wedding my love? I know, I know. I do appologize. Work has been overwhelming lately.... (seriously though, 75 hours last week, looking to be about the same this week. Ug)
    I'm way too old for this ****.

  2. #6482
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Orange County, CA
    Posts
    2,507
    OUCH!! I don't miss those days at all!!! But the time will come...the pain will return. But for now, I'm enjoying life outside of work.
    "I just came for your mayonaise." ~ TooDamnSweet
    My Buyer/Trader Feedback
    Paintball's Best Photo Gallery: Jayloo.com
    My Jayloo Photos

  3. #6483
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Nashville/Knoxville TN
    Posts
    4,461
    Tell me about it man, it's friggin' crazy. Although the $$ is awesome, man it gets old fast...Ah well, I've paid for my upcoming Key Largo trip in one week :-D

  4. #6484
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Nashville/Knoxville TN
    Posts
    4,461
    So what hole'd you guys fall into?

  5. #6485
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Orange County, CA
    Posts
    2,507
    Quote Originally Posted by spazzed
    So what hole'd you guys fall into?
    A very deep one....one........one.............one............. ........one

  6. #6486
    Umm well see I went and lived in a cave for the last two years can u believe there was no net connection there?

  7. #6487
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Orange County, CA
    Posts
    2,507
    Quote Originally Posted by TransMan
    Umm well see I went and lived in a cave for the last two years can u believe there was no net connection there?
    So how was Osama doing? You must not have stayed in the right cave cause I'm sure he probably has an internet connection.

  8. #6488
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Near a stadium named after a plant
    Posts
    4,020
    Quote Originally Posted by gibby
    So how was Osama doing? You must not have stayed in the right cave cause I'm sure he probably has an internet connection.
    Why not, he has is on a dialasys machine (sp?) so there has to be at least power some place.

    On a side note, has anyone seen the Family Guy intro that Stewie beats up on Osama and then it goes into a Naked Gun type of entrance. It's definitely worth watching on youtube (if it hasn't been removed)
    BUY great quality gear, parts from RogueFactor, SoCal PRIDE!!feedback
    Remember if it doesn't say RPG... it's not the real deal and probably voids the warranty

  9. #6489
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Nashville/Knoxville TN
    Posts
    4,461
    Friggin' HILARIOUS episode!

    So better late than never, but I'm starting up the annual Fantasy Football league as we speak..I'll post the info here in a few.

  10. #6490
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Nashville/Knoxville TN
    Posts
    4,461
    Allright folks, here's the info:



    League URL: http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/708829

    League ID#: 708829
    League Name: Bigger..un's
    Password: Honkey
    Draft Type: Live Draft
    Draft Time: Sat Sep 16 12:30pm CDT


    If that draft time doesnt work for anyone, lemme know and we'll see what we can do.

  11. #6491

    Might as well keep this going...

    Since it has been referenced in another thread. Can't hate when peeps from way back when would rather post in this thread instead of others. Personally I like the old SoCal crew except for a few that lay claims to designs which aren't their own

    I really wish LX wasn't such a stubborn mod...I would consider shooting a mag again...but I would like to use AGD parts that aren't modified...then again I'm happy where I'm at. GO CHARGERS!!!

    PEACE to Gibb, TDS, RD, Flyboy, LeatherPants, No Skills...for those I didn't mention..I may have forgooten your name or I just don't care to mention you

    BK

    PS Peace to Mr. Tennesee...DIRTY BUNNY...Mr. LX himself!
    Last edited by Bad_Knees; 09-13-2006 at 02:35 PM. Reason: I forgot this guy!
    04 Dust gray Immortal Viking
    03 Half Milled WAS Viking

  12. #6492
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Orange County, CA
    Posts
    2,507
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad_Knees
    Since it has been referenced in another thread. Can't hate when peeps from way back when would rather post in this thread instead of others. Personally I like the old SoCal crew except for a few that lay claims to designs which aren't their own

    I really wish LX wasn't such a stubborn mod...I would consider shooting a mag again...but I would like to use AGD parts that aren't modified...then again I'm happy where I'm at. GO CHARGERS!!!

    PEACE to Gibb, TDS, RD, Flyboy, LeatherPants, No Skills...for those I didn't mention..I may have forgooten your name or I just don't care to mention you

    BK

    PS Peace to Mr. Tennesee...DIRTY BUNNY...Mr. LX himself!
    LOL!! And since I'm accused of keeping this thread alive, I might as well contribute. Just stopping by to say...RIIIIIIISE FROOOOOM THE DEEEEEAD!!!!

    guess what game that phrase came from.

  13. #6493
    Quote Originally Posted by gibby
    LOL!! And since I'm accused of keeping this thread alive, I might as well contribute. Just stopping by to say...RIIIIIIISE FROOOOOM THE DEEEEEAD!!!!

    guess what game that phrase came from.
    Hrm...that is a good trivia question..wish I knew the answer. Someone needs to dig up a link to some trivia based on sounds from old video games.

    BK

  14. #6494
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Formerly Denver - Now Florida
    Posts
    3,651
    Haven't been around in awhile, good to see this thread is still going! How was everyone's summer?

    oh...and go gators.....

  15. #6495
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Orange County, CA
    Posts
    2,507
    Quote Originally Posted by ShooterJM
    Haven't been around in awhile, good to see this thread is still going! How was everyone's summer?

    oh...and go gators.....
    Yep, if there's one thing that's old and alive here on AO, it's this thread! HAHA!

    As for my summer, lots of riding around preparing myself for a contest out in Houston next month. Paintball wise? I've only gone out to play once. But I plan on going out again sometime soon so I can try playing with my new toy:





    I just barely got it this week! Unfortunately, I had to let go of my Karta Emag for a straight up trade. Either or, I'm sure I'll like this just as much.

  16. #6496
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Near a stadium named after a plant
    Posts
    4,020
    Bummer you lost out on the deal. j/k not to shabby. I'm hoping to get my pneumag wrapped up here by the end of Oct. I've got all the parts just not the skills.

  17. #6497
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Formerly Denver - Now Florida
    Posts
    3,651
    sweet! I haven't gotten out to play since I moved to florida! I'd like to get back into it, but need to buy a whole new rig since I sold all my equipment. (and that's not happening anytime soon - I'm still a broke grad student)

    Did my internship this summer, wasn't too bad. Now I'm just gearing up for the main job search. I absolutely hate looking for a job. I'm already getting some good interviews though. Although, once again, if anyone has contacts at a company that needs a MBA-finance grad, please let me know!

  18. #6498
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    A-K-Rowdy! Go Buckeyes!!!
    Posts
    1,630
    Quote Originally Posted by gibby
    LOL!! And since I'm accused of keeping this thread alive, I might as well contribute. Just stopping by to say...RIIIIIIISE FROOOOOM THE DEEEEEAD!!!!

    guess what game that phrase came from.
    Uh... Project 86? Some old corny horror flick? Uh... that's all I've got.

    By the way, 217 PAGES!!!1!!!111! HOLY CRAP!1!!!11!!!!1 !
    Autocockers are the greatest markers ever made.
    ~The greatest BACKUP markers to AUTOMAGS!!

    Only temporary, get'n a new sig soon.

  19. #6499
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Orange County, CA
    Posts
    2,507
    Quote Originally Posted by RoadDawg
    Bummer you lost out on the deal. j/k not to shabby. I'm hoping to get my pneumag wrapped up here by the end of Oct. I've got all the parts just not the skills.
    Hehe...nah. Where I live, it's too expensive to play with a mag especially if you have to pay per 1000psi. Although I loved my Karta, I was getting a bit tired of the constant LX tweaks and leaks. Not to mention the fact that once you hit the 800psi mark in your tank, you're done. It's like having to fill up your car with gas even when you still have a quarter tank left just so you can keep on rolling.

    As for my new toy, hopefully I can get out one of these days soon. I was able to dry fire it a few times and it felt sweet.

    Good luck getting that Pnuemag set up. Let me know how you like it when you do.

    As for that video game quote, I think I might have gotten it wrong. I believe it was actually "Rise from the Grave!" And it's from Sega's Altered Beast game.

  20. #6500
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Near a stadium named after a plant
    Posts
    4,020
    Quote Originally Posted by gibby
    Hehe...nah. Where I live, it's too expensive to play with a mag especially if you have to pay per 1000psi. Although I loved my Karta, I was getting a bit tired of the constant LX tweaks and leaks. Not to mention the fact that once you hit the 800psi mark in your tank, you're done. It's like having to fill up your car with gas even when you still have a quarter tank left just so you can keep on rolling.
    I know they aren't easy but I never had more then two problems with my LX. Now air consumption was a little different but when I tuned into how many shots I fire per string I managed to squeeze 900 shots consistantly out of a 45/45 with my emag w/ LX. At 500 is when it would stutter.

    Don't lie, you saw the bulletproof monk (BK) get one and that is why you switched.

  21. #6501
    Funny story there...when I decided to get rid of my mags Gibby told me about that gun so I researched it. While in the market for a new gun I found that one to fit all my needs, it was reliable, low maintenance, and air efficient (mag owners always say I get all day air so it doesn't matter..well $10 all day air compared to my cost to fill per 1000psi, I cut my air cost in half). Since Gibby lives near me now he understands why having a gun that efficient is a plus. So he knew about Vikings way before me and again pointed me in the right path as he had done in the past with Mags.

    Plus when we went out to play and he had the wonderful KartaE we had a good time but then we couldn't keep the LX from leaking (leak fixed, 2 rounds later leak). So instead of wasting a day on teching (which of course we know maglovers like doing) I loaned him my gun on the X-ball field. I guess that helped him decide on moving foward and trying something different. So if anything the bulletproof monk only helped him decide on what type of milling to go for

    Now the rest is history.


    Quote Originally Posted by RoadDawg
    I know they aren't easy but I never had more then two problems with my LX. Now air consumption was a little different but when I tuned into how many shots I fire per string I managed to squeeze 900 shots consistantly out of a 45/45 with my emag w/ LX. At 500 is when it would stutter.

    Don't lie, you saw the bulletproof monk (BK) get one and that is why you switched.

  22. #6502
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Orange County, CA
    Posts
    2,507
    I was turned onto vikings by my cousin in fact a long time ago. I told BK about it. I was still more than satisfied with my Emag and I never thought about switching...but I always knew I would want one some day. The only factor why I never got one sooner was price. We all know that the Viking back then was SUPER expensive!

    Living in LA, air fills were no problem. All day air was pretty cheap and back then, I could afford to spend a lot into my pb hobby. I didn't care so much about air efficiency until I moved down here. Not long ago, BK and I went to play at our local field and I was SHOCKED that they didn't have all day air and had to pay $1 per 1000psi. It's hard to enjoy yourself on the field when you can hear a slight leak, you know how bad mags are on air, and you feel compelled to play a different style because you are afraid you'll lose air. To me, that wasn't fun anymore.

    I'm sure not long ago, you heard me complaining about a leak I couldn't seem to fix. I had to send it into AGD to have it tech'd and only then did they find a problem I probably wouldn't have found. The problem WASN'T related to the LX. It had to do with the internal seal at the base of the power tube tip. I loved the look of my Karta and it has a lot of history for me, but what good is it if I can't rely on something that used to be reliable?

    I then had the opportunity to trade gun for gun. How could I resist?! Sometimes, you have to take a chance and change. I did that with my move from LA to SD. I think it was the best decision I've made so far. I am sure my decision from moving away from my Emag to my Viking is my second best decision.
    Last edited by gibby; 10-01-2006 at 12:43 PM.

  23. #6503
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Near a stadium named after a plant
    Posts
    4,020
    Well it sounds like you didn't have problems with the LX then, you had problems with the valve. I'm just yanking your chain. We all move on in life. I dropped the electronic era 2 years ago and have decided that mech is much easier on the wallet. Unless I complete the pneu mode then I'll have a batteryless monster on my hands. Then I'll be back in the "e" boat.

    I'm sure she shoots like a dream. I think it was yellow dart who had one that I played a couple of games with. They are nice but they are still to pricey for me (all at once anyway).

    BK- I watched the bulletproof monk the other day and I did a double take thinking it was you on the screen. That is why I now deem you the "Bulletproof Monk".

    So when are the 3 of us going to get out and own the field again?

  24. #6504
    Quote Originally Posted by RoadDawg

    So when are the 3 of us going to get out and own the field again?
    on Oct 28 at SC village

  25. #6505
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Orange County, CA
    Posts
    2,507
    Quote Originally Posted by geekwarrior
    on Oct 28 at SC village
    Now that just wouldn't be fair. You'll need to find more people to take us on if you want it to be fair. Actually, I won't be able to make it on Oct. 28. I already have another event planned out.

  26. #6506
    Quote Originally Posted by gibby
    Now that just wouldn't be fair. You'll need to find more people to take us on if you want it to be fair. Actually, I won't be able to make it on Oct. 28. I already have another event planned out.
    what could be more important than an AO day?

    cancel your other plans

  27. #6507
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Orange County, CA
    Posts
    2,507
    Quote Originally Posted by geekwarrior
    what could be more important than an AO day?

    cancel your other plans
    Hehe! I could, but I'd be missing out on my number 1 hobby!

    Not to mention that money is tight right now. But the weather is definitely ideal for a nice day of paintball. Next time for sure!

  28. #6508
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Nashville/Knoxville TN
    Posts
    4,461
    Quote Originally Posted by gibby
    Hehe! I could, but I'd be missing out on my number 1 hobby!

    Not to mention that money is tight right now. But the weather is definitely ideal for a nice day of paintball. Next time for sure!
    Make up your mind what you're calling her now. It's either "my number 1 hobby" or "money"...

    haha, how goes it Gman?

  29. #6509
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Near a stadium named after a plant
    Posts
    4,020
    Quote Originally Posted by spazzed
    Make up your mind what you're calling her now. It's either "my number 1 hobby" or "money"...

    haha, how goes it Gman?
    he won't admit it but he is scared.

  30. #6510
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Nashville/Knoxville TN
    Posts
    4,461
    Quote Originally Posted by RoadDawg
    he won't admit it but he is scared.
    TDS my dear, just what have you done to poor Gibs?

Similar Threads

  1. AO Day II: Lvl-10 Bust-Out Party (NJ/NY/PA)
    By Riotz in forum Paintball Talk
    Replies: 280
    Last Post: 10-02-2002, 02:55 PM
  2. Why AO is amazing
    By Paul La Rue in forum Paintball Talk
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-20-2002, 11:04 AM
  3. Hi AO
    By VBmag87 in forum Friendly Corner
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 05-01-2002, 04:41 PM
  4. The AO experience
    By Dave in forum Paintball Talk
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-07-2002, 06:30 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •