Page 22 of 220 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425263272122 ... LastLast

Thread: TooDamnSweet Needs some AO Spirit

Don’t get me wrong, you can do what you darn well want, but this seems a bit off to me. For the actions of OTHERS “she” will get an RTPro? This thread has also teetered on the edge of Forum Rules for quite a while.

People can think what they want, but there is something fundamentally wrong with this. There have been other threads that have gotten high post counts and quickly as well… and they did NOT have to do with sexual banter and “date” like chit chat. And to reward someone for flirting with the male members (and sorry, that is how I see it) is just wrong.
    Tom Started this post to get TDS some playing equipment thats y this thread is here and if he wants to give her some of that equipment then its his buisness to do so other people have already offerd her guns so y should it be any dif when Tom wants to give her somthing its not coming out of your pocket so y do u care

Xen Guest
    i dont remember every new memeber to this forum getting a new mag.

she didn't know anyone and would not have any equipment
    umm wouldnt have any equipment maybe i just took it the wrong way but for some reason me and a few other people thought that Tom might just have been saying that se didnt have any equipment to play with maybe im just wrong

and toms just trying to make it a little interesting with the post count thing and why do u care if we were having a little fun did we hurt anyone ???

Originally posted by shartley

Show me in that post where it was the intent of this thread to get her "equipment".

And then show me how many post are about Shatnerball and Markers VS butts and flirting...

And I don't have a problem with Tom giving her a marker. But Tom is not JUST giving her a marker, he is doing a post count thing and AWARDING her the marker for others posting. It is the principle of the thing.... I wonder if Tom even read the posts. Most have nothing to do with anything but flirting. Sorry.
    Man,don't get yer panties in a wad man.This thread has gone thru so many changes we've all forgotten why it was started,and gues what?NO ONE CARES!we even suggested this be moved to'FRIENDLY' but no one did.It started of as a way to get TDS a mag,many members even ofered to loan her stuf,then it turned into a fun trekkie bash,then an AO bash...............and so on,all in FUN.
    A few times it almost went too far,but we posters managed to reign it in before it REALLY went to far.I've even im'd TDS privatly(pm) and offered her much advice,which she has thanked me for.I'm not looking for a flame war shartley,I just fail to see why you,a simple mod,cares so much?Jealous
    It's well within Toms rights to give a gun to whoever he darn well feels like it'*YAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWNNNNNNNNNNN*Think I'll give a gun away today'says Tom as he rises from his slumber.
    Last edited by WARPED1; 05-31-2002 at 01:24 PM.
    [Something Cool is Here]

OK well ive seen in about 50% of the threadson here change into something dif after the first day they have been posted everything gets takin out of context around here it is human nature to do that

about her posting multiple times see she was new and didnt fully understand how it was done around here since then many people have explained to her about it and she no longer does it

and i dont believe there really is a situation and u are trying to make something out of nothing

My first thought after reading AGD's post was "Cool!". My second thought was different, more dark. I thought, "Gee, I'm almost out of milk!".

Anyway, if Tom wants to give TDS an RT Pro, that's not a problem with me. One, it is his company. Two, he's helping to promote the sport of paintball. Three, it doesn't affect me in any way, shape or form. I hope this thread gets to 1000 posts. And that's all I have to say about that.
    There are three kinds of people in the world: Those who can count, and those who can't.

With understanding comes understanding.

If the saying is true that we are what we eat, aren't we all just cannibals?

You may want to think twice about getting personal.
    Not personal,or a flame so please don't take it that way..............

And then show me how many post are about Shatnerball and Markers VS butts and flirting...
    I would contend that it is all promoting "Shatner Ball". It is helping to maintain interest.

Hey Hitech your starting to sound like me! - AGD
    Hitech is the man.... - Blennidae
    The only Hitech Lubricant

hey i wasnt going to shatner ball until this thread poped up then i decided to go after talking to the people on this thread but mostly TDS so i would say she has been promoting it

I don’t think some of you understand my position. It is NOT about her getting an RTP, it is about why, and how. To think I don’t want her to have a free RTP is not accurate. It is the situation around WHY she is getting it. She is getting it NOT because it helps expand the sport of Paintball. She is NOT getting it because she is helping promote Shatnerball (after all, what promoting has she actually done?). It is simply because she came to AO, flirted with the owner, flirted with some of the male membership, and posts a lot while doing so.

Hey! I think FOO should get one too!!!! He meets a lot of the same criteria…. Minus all the flirting of course.
    NO ONE BUT YOU CARES MAN!
    and please don't take anything personal,I'm not trying to be a jerk.Huh,all this arguing sure is driving the post count up....................
    Was that your plan shartley?

hey i already told u that i wasnt going before and i wasnt convienced to go by her flirting i got to know her as a friend and thats why im going

I also agree with shartley.

im not sure but i think spazz may have decided to go during this time as well

Man,I feel sorry for you shartley,you have mised the point completely!We are all just mesing around and having fun!It has been stated as such many times not to be taken seriously,were you like abandoned as a child?
    Everything in this thread is supposed to be taken with a grain of salt,now you've probably scared away everyone who was ENJOYING this thread.Don't like it?Complain to Tom,not us,we certainly can't and won't do anything.
    If Tom comes on and says"Ok guys,time to stop having fun,go back to your humdrum day and have 0 fun on onr of the best forums out there!"THEN,and only then,will we stop.You as a mod can get me booted,you can close this thread,but I bet dollars to doughnuts,you will lose lots(not all of course)trafic.
    I mod over on other forums(one other),I try to keep major opinions of mine out of these kind of threads.
    And,like my comments earlier,I don't think we broke any rules considering we are not taking this seriously,like others are I guess.
    And I reitterate my point IF TOM WANTS TO GIVE TDS A MAG FOR ANY REASON HE SEE'S FIT THEN THERE'S nothing ANYONE can do to change that!
    And thats all I have to say about that..............

heh i was going to post that i didnt think u were or atleast it didnt say so at the top of the forum

Mahalo Tom!

Tom,

Wow! I don't know what to say. That was a very generous offer, Thank you very much! You've gone out of your way to make me feel welcomed on the board, and I appreciate it. You are too kewl!!! 1000 posts here I come.

Hey Everyone,

Please don't argue . I think everyone got their points across very well, and I don't want anyone fighting or being upset with anyone else.

BTW, I never flirted with the owner.

Originally posted by Miscue
    Romeo... bah! He's a pathetic fool who was lamely obsessed with the impressionable Juliet.

Do you HONESTLY think this thread convinced anyone who was NOT going to go to Shatnerball to GO? And if so ONLY because this thread and some girl flirting with guys?
    No. But why does it have to be the ONLY reason, or even a direct reason? It is HELPING maintain interest. If interest is maintained more people will end up going. How many, I don't know.

Do you suppose that certain members of this forum are worried that a woman (2DS) is better equipped than they are?

Xen Guest
    yea I dont have the boob equipment, and t hus i am jelious

I'll be one of the first ones to congratulate 2DS if she gets the rtpro & I'll mean it, too.

But, I don't approve of the way TK is handling this. (I'm using myself as an example because I'd rather use me & get the factsright, than not.)
    How come I didn't get an rtpro for encouraging AO to give DianaL on Shatner's forum, kind words when she was having tough times? Or for (as far as I saw) being the only person who posted a "Thank-you" thread for our soldiers, past & present, on Memorial Day? How come Army, Shartley, Oldsolider, Dansim etc. didn't get one for serving our country, which in IMO deserve far more than any of us could ever give?
    Why?

Don't get me wrong, 2ds is cool, & fun to chat w/, but... well, ya know.

Shartley,

Bottomline is that I think it is helping maintain interest, you do not. It appears that I'm not going to convince you are not going to convince me. I guess we can just agree to disagree.

hey guys lets try not to make this a presonal issue we dont need to attack another person to prove our point if u have to do that then u dont belong here try to keep this opinions and not insults

well like ive said many times before to many people if it offends you dont reed it

just trying to keep things on the right level

I'm trying to figure out what the big deal is about this thread, and if I should get in on it. Can this many pages be wrong?
    I'm nothing more than text to you...

Attention
    Getting
    Device

Brings new meaning to the term post whore.

It's a fun thread trying to convince a cute trekkie to convert over to Borg(AO at Shatnerball).
    Then this became a purely fun thread talkin about her butt in a grass skirt(she's Hawaiian),dirty old men,young boys in love with each other,loaning gear,now some mods are upset because Tom(president of AGD)said he'd give TDS an RT Pro if we get to 1000 posta with no spam.
    The woman in question among other peeps,has stated MANY times that nothing in this thread should be taken seriously,and she doesn't mind the "flirting" these guys are sometimes doin.Frankly if you don't join the thread,you will be missing out IMO.Read the whole thread if you have time.I wasn't coming here(to AO) much before this thread.I have given the trekkie in question some advice from my 12 years of playing,and we all convinced her to try the game before Augusr.She has gone twice now and regales us with her battle stories,highly enjoyable.

hey warped just to make things clear there not mods there just people who post a lot not that theres any thing wrong with that i do the same

Neither Army, BlackVCG, cphilip, Rob_AGD, Webmaster nor Miscue or even TheAngelGuy.com have commented on the RTPro giveaway.

If I start a thread and flirt with people for 1000 posts can I have one too?
    Potatoboy!

thanks pot boy thats what iwas trying to say just didnt come out too clear

Originally posted by Potatoboy
    Neither Army, BlackVCG, cphilip, Rob_AGD, Webmaster nor Miscue or even TheAngelGuy.com have commented on the RTPro giveaway.

If I start a thread and flirt with people for 1000 posts can I have one too?
    Good luck, tater tot.