Page 218 of 220 FirstFirst ... 118168208214215216217218219220 LastLast
Results 6,511 to 6,540 of 6587

Thread: TooDamnSweet Needs some AO Spirit

LOL!! I'm still me!! REALLY!!!

Anyway, I just got a chance to play two PS3 games on our dev systems: Motorstorm and F-1. Motorstorm looked great but just didn't feel right. I'm sure plenty of people will moan about the physics and the sense of speed...or lack of. F-1 was pretty cool cause I actually got to use the new GT steering wheel with force feedback. The steering wheel actually enhanced the overall feel of the game. Both the graphics in the games were sharp and crisp.

As much as I wouldn't mind a PS3, I'd still have to wait before making the purchase. I'm more of a console RPG gamer so I'll wait till we have more of those. Besides, I still have plenty of RPGs for my other consoles that I need to finish up. Hehe!

Anyway, I went to Houston last week and hung out there a few days for a BMX flatland competition. Here's a few links if anyone is interested:

http://www.bmxfreestyler.com/elevation5.html
    (check out the highlight video)

http://www.chainlinkz.com/Elevation5.htm
    (check out Pics Group II and the AM results)

"I just came for your mayonaise." ~ TooDamnSweet
    My Buyer/Trader Feedback
    Paintball's Best Photo Gallery: Jayloo.com
    My Jayloo Photos

Effin sweet Gman! Congrats on a job well done! Got anymore pics?

PS3: The physics..is that just a crummy job by Evo, or is it indicative of some fishiness with the system itself?

I dont plan on buying one as it doesn't include a can opener, and I dont feel like paying $600 for anything that doesnt.

Might pick me up a Wii or a 360 come xmas, who knows.

What kinda stuff you working on now?
    I'm way too old for this ****.

Thanks dude. I've got some more pictures but they didn't turn out good.

As for the physics, well, I think it's more on the developer side than anything. I don't think it's any indication of what the PS3 can or can't do. I don't think Evo has come to grips yet with the hardware as the frame rates will be in the 25-30 fps. Not bad for a racing game but when you include the lack of speed or the floaty feeling of the cars, it doesn't make for a good racing experience. But what do you expect from a first-gen game?

Yeah, $600 is quite a bit to swallow. Especially for hardware that's unproven yet. You've got the Cell processor, the Blu Ray drive, and it's still up in the air as to how well Sony delivers with their online strategy. But for my sake, I hope it does well! HAHA!

Right now, our project is in a fuzzy little stage. Our game scope seems like something that would be ideal for the PS3 but marketing is telling us to still make a PSP game. Our leads are trying to determine the best course for us. So right now, we're just sitting back and waiting for what the execs have to say. It sucks because after 6 months of virtually doing nothing, sitting around waiting gets pretty old! And I'm tired of doing endless design documentation!! I need to get my hands dirty! Originally, we were supposed to make an action rpg game, but like I said, with the scope of our design, we might have to scale it back and just make a straight action game because the rpg aspect would be too "epic" and gamers don't want epic games for their PSP(as for what the focus groups has told us).

Quote Originally Posted by gibby
    Anyway, I just got a chance to play two PS3 games on our dev systems: Motorstorm and F-1.
    I hate you right now! There you are at work playing with games while I'm here taking HD calls for my work. Just joking! I know it's hard work developing games. I did consider going into game design when I started college but ended up liking computers and network. Which is good or I wouldn't have time practicing this:

My score(4th place):
    distances are in meters

Last edited by pbzmag; 10-23-2006 at 08:29 PM.

Dang Joseph! GOOD JOB!!! Guess you've got the competative spirit in you too? Must be the flipside in us. At least now I know who I can hire if I ever need a ninja with a bow.

I didn't shoot the full FITA round. That goes up to 90 meters which they do for the Olympics. I'm not up to those distances yet but hopefully in a month or two.

To my friends from this thread, I just wanted to wish you guys a very HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!

And for the haters of this thread, I hope you choke on a turkey bone. LOL!!

To my friends from this thread, I just wanted to wish you guys a very HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!

And for the haters of this thread, I hope you choke on a turkey bone. LOL!!
    you mean we have haters here on AO? I thought they all moved over to PBN?

--Mr. DB

Talking heh

i knew you guys were here somewhere..make me have to find you...so whose up for another socal ao day..january? looks like sc again, roadawg you coming again man? be nice to get everyone together to play some ball

Man, I cant believe it's been almost FIVE MONTHS since any of you nutjobs have posted in here.

How's everyone doing?

Gman, did you do the deed? TDS, have you whooped his *** yet?

DB, still digging Ktown?

Trans, are you even alive?

Quote Originally Posted by spazzed
    Man, I cant believe it's been almost FIVE MONTHS since any of you nutjobs have posted in here.

How's everyone doing?

Gman, did you do the deed? TDS, have you whooped his *** yet?

DB, still digging Ktown?

Trans, are you even alive?
    LOL!! Yeah, I haven't even bothered looking for this thread anymore as I only spend like a minute or two on this site. But to answer your question...yep! TDS nearly strangled me when she found out!

LOL!! Yeah, I haven't even bothered looking for this thread anymore as I only spend like a minute or two on this site. But to answer your question...yep! TDS nearly strangled me when she found out!
    Haha, awesome! Congrats man, give her my best as well! When's the wedding, and where the hell's my invite? Have any interest in getting married underwater? I know a couple of kickarse places down in the Keys (which are technically part of the Bermuda triangle. Crazy, eh?)

* edit*

Shooter, how's that dungbox town treating you? Give me a shout if/when you get this, I've got a question to axe ya.
    Last edited by spazzed; 04-20-2007 at 09:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by spazzed
    Haha, awesome! Congrats man, give her my best as well! When's the wedding, and where the hell's my invite? Have any interest in getting married underwater? I know a couple of kickarse places down in the Keys (which are technically part of the Bermuda triangle. Crazy, eh?)

* edit*

Shooter, how's that dungbox town treating you? Give me a shout if/when you get this, I've got a question to axe ya.
    First time I check this site in months and I get to reply to a question! My spidey senses were tingling!

I'm doing well, moving down to orlando to start my new job in a few weeks.

Good to see all you guys are alive!

Quote Originally Posted by ShooterJM
    First time I check this site in months and I get to reply to a question! My spidey senses were tingling!

I'm doing well, moving down to orlando to start my new job in a few weeks.

Good to see all you guys are alive!
    New job, eh? Graduating in a few days I take it?

Yeah, that question I was going to ask is irrelevant now. I got a call from my dad saying he saw a news story about a student at UF dieing in Scuba class. I did a little digging and it turned out it was the cousin humpers ('Bama). He must have confused his hate of one for the other.

So, now I gotta think of a new question...so, is Tebow the real deal? Are y'all going to suck as bad next year as everyone is saying?

Lol gotcha.

I think Tebow will be fine, but not spectacular. He got a chance to get some good drives under his belt last year in pretty tough environments. This year he'll run, but not be as much as a fullback. He looked really good throwing in the Orange & Blue game though.

It may come down to if we can outscore people. Our defense is pretty new so I don't think we can rely on that until we see how it holds up in a real game.

Tennessee, LSU & Auburn are going to be tough games for us. At least we get Tenn at home though, I'm not looking forward to Ainge vs our secondary.

Quote Originally Posted by ShooterJM
    Lol gotcha.

I think Tebow will be fine, but not spectacular. He got a chance to get some good drives under his belt last year in pretty tough environments. This year he'll run, but not be as much as a fullback. He looked really good throwing in the Orange & Blue game though.

It may come down to if we can outscore people. Our defense is pretty new so I don't think we can rely on that until we see how it holds up in a real game.

Tennessee, LSU & Auburn are going to be tough games for us. At least we get Tenn at home though, I'm not looking forward to Ainge vs our secondary.
    I hope you're right on Tebow. With the way Meyer has been recruiting, the last thing the rest of the East needs is a spectacular QB. He's got the running skills (albeit nowhere near the level of VY), I just hope his passing blows.

Can't say that I'd expect too much out of your D, although last time I said that, they turned into a dominant unit pretty quickly. I don't think UT will be as tough as you think. We have three HUGE areas of weakness: Dline. Lost both our starting DT's. DB: Kicked off 2 guys w/ starting experience, lost another to graduation. One returning starter. WR: By far the biggest hole, at least we have guys in the other holes with good experience. We lost our top THREE WR's. If some of these young guys step up, we'll be alright and Ainge will have a stellar SR year. If not, we're in deep doodie.

Gibby,

I'm going to be in the SD area on Saturday for the California State Games. It's Cali's version of the Olympics. I'll be at the Easton Aluminum Archery range at the Olympic Training Center in Chula Vista. If you and TDS are free, stop by and check it out.
    Last edited by pbzmag; 07-12-2007 at 11:55 AM.

~cough~

*sneeze*?

So, I wonder how often TooDamnSweet checks this thread. Judging by her profile, probably not too often.

And anyone know what happened to Fishy? She was cool, too.
    Autocockers are the greatest markers ever made.
    ~The greatest BACKUP markers to AUTOMAGS!!

Only temporary, get'n a new sig soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Lenny
    So, I wonder how often TooDamnSweet checks this thread. Judging by her profile, probably not too often.

And anyone know what happened to Fishy? She was cool, too.
    That are a good question. I'd say not too often anymore, especially since she has a wedding to plan.

TDS & Gibs, again I say: It's about time!

Hey hookers, if any of you old timers happen to catch this in the next 24 hours, I have a few spots left on my ESPN FF league. Anyone want in?

Yeah, TDS doesn't come here much. I might drop by once in a while to see if there's anything new in the mag world but I don't post as much anymore. Heck, I don't even play anymore either.

Only kind of shooting I do now is done virtually! HA! Anyone with a Xbox 360 or PS3, feel free to add me: DBGibFather(Xbox), GibFather(PS3). BTW, been playing Call of Duty 4 Beta(360)...pretty cool game!

Yeah, TDS doesn't come here much. I might drop by once in a while to see if there's anything new in the mag world but I don't post as much anymore. Heck, I don't even play anymore either.

Only kind of shooting I do now is done virtually! HA! Anyone with a Xbox 360 or PS3, feel free to add me: DBGibFather(Xbox), GibFather(PS3). BTW, been playing Call of Duty 4 Beta(360)...pretty cool game!
    Consider yourself added: (360) losenit WTF

Demo that good? You know when the new BF is coming out?

Uh, I don't ball anymore either. *shrug* haven't in several years. Still got my trusty E sitting in the closet though. Reckon I oughta get the tank hydro'd at some point.

Lessee, what else...Oh, Bioshock. That **** is friggin' awesome. Been playing The Bigs a lot lately too, fun game.

Cool. I just requested an add. CoD4 will definitely be a lot of fun. The character customization allows a player to tweak their character according to their playing style. As for BF:Bad Company, I know of the game, I just don't know the release date. That is another game I'll be expecting a lot from.

I still need to get Bioshock myself.

And we are officially added. Kinky! Better not tell TDS

I'm stoked for CoD4. Should be lots of tacsim/mil. shooters coming out in the next few months.

Back to BF, if memory serves they're supposed to be implementing 90-95% destructible environments, which will be friggin' SWEET!

Mymy we've turned into a bunch of lazy SOB's!

Yes.

/me In atlanta now

I'm still kicking, not into pball anymore but I still have my stuff.

I'm into ice hockey now...
    Sorry, I'm old

Haven't played for about 2 years now. I've been focusing on archery mostly. I'll finally be shooting 90m(100 yards) on my next tourney next month.