Page 23 of 220 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526273373123 ... LastLast

Thread: TooDamnSweet Needs some AO Spirit

I thought shartley was a mod here,guess not,my bad.
    [Something Cool is Here]

I will point out again NO MODERATORS HAVE COMMENTED ONE WAY OR ANOTHER!

OK... so I will comment then!

I go away for one week and come back to find that the she beast has worked her whiles on the Boss eh? And has us fighting amongst ourselves. How clever of her to take advantage of my distance and distraction to cast her evil spell on Tom and the members! I don't know whether to admire her or condem her. Oh how evil the she beast of Shatnarism is! But I am back now and will smite her down!

(ps: no comment on the giveaway. Not my area of concern. I hope all of you get an RT Pro!)

Originally posted by Thordic

Brings new meaning to the term post whore.
    Ok,I have stayed out of this thusfar but after the above comment I have to say something. Yvonnie is a sweet person and I consider her my friend. If she wants to be open and friendly here (which she is being) I dont see anything wrong with it. No one has to respond but it seems many many members have. Some of the comments made towards her have been crude and immature and still she keeps her good humor about it and lets it slide. Most members have been supportive of her and have been kind in offering equipment and advice. Tom Kaye is being supportive too. Yvonnie has become a player now. Isn't that a good thing? She has said nothing innapropriate in this thread. Others did in my opinion (see the quote above as one example) So can we stop the insinuation that TDS is just here to flirt. I am happy for her that she has discovered a new game that she enjoys. And if the above quote was directed at TDS I think an apology is owed her. If it isnt meant for her I think that it should be cleared up exactly who it was meant for.

yes i agree with cope we need to express our opinions with out insulting people i thought the people here were grown up enough to just comment on the topic with out insulting someone but i guess i was wrong

[QUOTE]Originally posted by shartley

That can easily be debated. Inappropriate from a Shatner Forum stand, or one of AO Rules?

I never once insinuated that TDS was just here to flirt.. I openly state so.

I think I can say that we all feel the same way. But that has little to do with the issue at hand. Sorry.

How many OTHER threads does TDS contribute to? How many OTHER discussions does TDS contribute to? And just because SHE may be friendly, and SHE does not mind something, does not mean it is accepted by the rest of the membership, or even the rules. How many of the posts in this thread (to include HERS) contain sexual innuendos? I can tell you that quite a few members found this thread inappropriate. The simple fact that they did not POST saying so does not mean it was not so.

You notice MY absence from this thread for the most part, I am sure. And I post often in most of the larger threads. Wonder why not this one? Think about it….
    [/QUOTE

You seem to be attacking Yvonnies character. I know she is a good person who is not just here to flirt and that is enough for me. I actually have had interaction with her where I was not making comments on her anatomy like many have here. If she broke any rules here I am sure a moderator would have deleted some of her posts,closed the thread or banned her outright. By the way she has a great sense of humor. She is not a cynic. Maybe that is why she enjoys interacting so much. You are a great lady Yvonnie. Don't stop being yourself! I have said enough. I am through. I am proud to be her friend.
    By the way ,look at some of the past threads. She has contributed to several. I thought we are free to choose to post on whatever threads we choose. I didnt know there was a required minimum.
    Last edited by Cope; 05-31-2002 at 05:04 PM.

Xen Guest
    That can easily be debated. Inappropriate from a Shatner Forum stand, or one of AO Rules?

I think I can say that we all feel the same way. But that has little to do with the issue at hand. Sorry.

How many OTHER threads does TDS contribute to? How many OTHER discussions does TDS contribute to? And just because SHE may be friendly, and SHE does not mind something, does not mean it is accepted by the rest of the membership, or even the rules. How many of the posts in this thread (to include HERS) contain sexual innuendos? I can tell you that quite a few members found this thread inappropriate. The simple fact that they did not POST saying so does not mean it was not so.

You notice MY absence from this thread for the most part, I am sure. And I post often in most of the larger threads. Wonder why not this one? Think about it….

yup just keep making that post count go up

I'm here because I enjoy talking to everyone. I'm not here to flirt but have done so and am not ashamed of it. It was all in fun and everyone I talked too knows that. If I wasn't interested in paintball, this thread would've died a long time ago.

Everyone has their own opinions and that's kewl. I'm not upset and I sincerely hope no one else is either. Some of the things said about me did kind've hurt my feelings, but the members who made those comments don't know me.

No one knows why Tom made the offer, but I'm sure he never intended for this too happen. I'd like to appologize to him and everyone else who is having a hard time with this.

The offer was really sweet, but I'd like to decline.

Cope,
    Thank you so much, you made me feel much better! I'm glad we're friends too!

I go away for one week and come back to find that the she beast has worked her whiles on the Boss eh? And has us fighting amongst ourselves. How clever of her to take advantage of my distance and distraction to cast her evil spell on Tom and the members! I don't know whether to admire her or condem her. Oh how evil the she beast of Shatnarism is! But I am back now and will smite her down!

I think it's time for a throw down!

Originally posted by Miscue
    Romeo... bah! He's a pathetic fool who was lamely obsessed with the impressionable Juliet.

oH no...she gonna kick my old tired behind I am afraid...

Flirting? Well yes there was a bit much of that on this one but it was kind of the nature of the thread...seduction of two sides to each others side I thought was kind of how it evolved and was intended too. Not that anyone origianly intended it to... it just fell into place. I certainly was never of the mind set anyone was serious. And at times I tried to return it to another level or two. And did several times with TDS's help.

Most of you may not realize that I and TSD and a few other of their memebers have discussed directions of this thread and how to spice it up a bit at times. When it was getting to lovey dovey I attacked and they attacked back. I am very sorry if anyone was offended and took anything seriously. I will admit it was on the edge many times. But I thought it was fun and in the spirit of trekkie vs. borg conflict using seduction and things like that to play out the whole story. Again I apologise if any of you felt it went too far. Perhaps it did at times... I'll try and do a better job of keeping it a bit more to the center from now on. OK?

Tom... how was I to know the anti-TDS force field was not strong enought to go only a few hundred miles away? You poor slob you! (j/k)

Hey screw that TDS! You take that sucker in the spirit it was offered by Tom. One of the nicest markers out there by the way. Anyone is free to express his or her opinion about it but that has nothing to do with your accepting Toms gift. Tom is a very generous guy and he has a right to give anyone anything he wants to. Don't take anything a few might see differently and express their opionions as directed at you personaly. I know these guys who are playing the antagonists and they have nothing against you at all. In fact they are our resident antagonsists. Thats their job. But as I see it...Tom did not "offer" he proclaimed. YOU WILL ACCEPT. Sorry

HEY! It's the INTERNET! Ignore....

well TDS i would say take it as i have told you before and not to let anyone keep u from doing what u wanted to do but if thats what u wanted to do then by all means do so

Originally posted by cphilip
    ...But I thought it was fun and in the spirit of trekkie vs. borg conflict...
    I think that sums it up quite well.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by cphilip
    oH no...she gonna kick my old tired behind I am afraid...

Hey! Don't roll your eyes at me buddy! Besides, one of your borg eyes is covered by metal and I wouldn't want you to hurt yourself...I wanna do it. Get your gloves on pal, or maybe I should say running shoes, LOL I'm waiting...

Hey screw that TDS! You take that sucker in the spirit it was offered by Tom. One of the nicest markers out there by the way. Anyone is free to express his or her opinion about it but that has nothing to do with your accepting Toms gift. Tom is a very generous guy and he has a right to give anyone anything he wants to. Don't take anything a few might see differently and express their opionions as directed at you personaly. I know these guys who are playing the antagonists and they have nothing against you at all. In fact they are our resident antagonsists. Thats their job. But as I see it...Tom did not "offer" he proclaimed. YOU WILL ACCEPT. Sorry

I see what you're saying and in no way do I want to offend Tom. He is very sweet for offereing the challenge and the mag. I really appreciate it!!!! But I think, if he knew it would've caused this kind of discussion, he would not have made the offer. He was doing something nice and got attacked for it and that's not fair. Everyone has their opinions and like I said that's kewl. But to personally attack Tom while stating their opinions was not kewl. I just want the discussion to be over....so I can commence to kicking your butt across the floor.

MUAHAHAHAHAHA!!! i have returned with more posts!!!!!!
    Originally posted by PyRo

Its called jokeing. You have no right to be questioning me with your measially 460 posts!!!!

Originally posted by AssassN
    MUAHAHAHAHAHA!!! i have returned with more posts!!!!!!
    Hey! What happened?? You blind sided me!!! I want a recount... LOL Okay, you're winning for now but I'll be back

Originally posted by TooDamnSweet
    But I think, if he knew it would've caused this kind of discussion, he would not have made the offer.
    I wouldn't count on that. I doubt he intended to cause the debate, but it's not like it is anything new to this forum!

He was doing something nice and got attacked for it and that's not fair... to personally attack Tom while stating their opinions was not kewl.
    Most people didn't. They just expressed their opinions. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, no matter how wrong they are!

I just want the discussion to be over....so I can commence to kicking your butt across the floor.
    Bring it on! I suggest you get the post count up to 1000 and take the RT so you can afford all the other "goodies" you'll need to even try!

Bring it on! I suggest you get the post count up to 1000 and take the RT so you can afford all the other "goodies" you'll need to even try!

LOL Good one! Never underestimate a woman, you won't know what hit you! It'll be over before you even blink...yes, I'm that good!

LOL Good one! Never underestimate a woman, you won't know what hit you! It'll be over before you even blink...yes, I'm that good!
    i can vouch fr that

*POOF* all done,commence with the harmless fun,and by all means TDS accept the RT pro.I'm sure Tom doesn't really care a few peeps disagreed.

One post closer to our goal.

i'll put my post into the pot for her RTPro..

hey guys remember it dont work with spamin witch is what i think yal are doin just wait until the post that have meaning get it to 1000 it wont take more than a week be patiant

Yeah,Tom did say no spam,so,no spam.
    Anyway,has TDS have AO spirit yet?Has the assimilation happened?Resistence is futile.

i can vouch fr that

I haven't even started on you yet. LOL

i'll put my post into the pot for her RTPro..

One post closer to our goal.

hey guys remember it dont work with spamin witch is what i think yal are doin just wait until the post that have meaning get it to 1000 it wont take more than a week be patiant

I think they are showing support (Thank you). But you're right, spamming is bad bad bad. Especially with milk.

*POOF* all done,commence with the harmless fun,and by all means TDS accept the RT pro.I'm sure Tom doesn't really care a few peeps disagreed.

Okay, but you asked for it!!! I'm coming in full force now... Be prepared to unassimilate yourselves from the collective!

Anyway,had TDS have AO spirit yet?Has the assimilation happened?Resistence is futile

Not even close! Resistence is my middle name.

Hey, I'm gonna sign up to be a volunteer at Shatnerball. I'll be helping with the registration and be one of the goofers. Actually, I'm not sure exactly what I'll be doing, but I'll be there from Wed. Aug. 28th. When is everyone else going to be in Chicago?

I haven't even started on you yet. LOL
    oh please start soon

Not even close! Resistence is my middle name.
    um no its not i can pronouce Resistence

Alas,I'm not able to go due to me trying to get my field and store open.

Here's another post so TooDamnSweet can get that much closer to getting her own RT Pro. I for one am happy that Tom offered to give her the RT Pro given that she meets her mark. This was done all in fun and a very cool way of introducing a new, female, player into the sport. Some of you might not find it fair but did you ever stop to think about the generosity of Tom?

Think about it this way. Have you ever stopped and gave a homeless person money? When you did, did you get bombarded by the other homeless people and hear them whine about why you didn't give them money? It's a strange analogy but think about it for a bit. Some people are just lucky! TooDamnSweet just happens to be that lucky person this time around.

Hope you get it TooDamnSweet!
    "I just came for your mayonaise." ~ TooDamnSweet
    My Buyer/Trader Feedback
    Paintball's Best Photo Gallery: Jayloo.com
    My Jayloo Photos

ahhh i see i see so TDS is a Homeless person now eh

i dont think it was that they were jelous more than it was that they just didnt like the Idea

So that's what this is all about... a free RT pro. I wonder, if I tried this schtick voer on shatner.com, would they give me a phaser? Or how about a gut, XXXL uniform to go with it, and a lack of a social life, all the things star trek has to offer!
    I'm nothing more than text to you...

Attention
    Getting
    Device

Oh TDS if you only knew how many times Tom was pissed at us for critisizing him! I think the dew is off the lilly on that one!

He's a big boy...he will get over it. He can squash this forum like a bug if he choses too. But he choses not too. I think he eventualy appreciates the negatives along with the positives. It's you that is not used to it. Not him. He will do it just to spite them if he so choses. And he might!

Now lets get back to how evil you realy are....

Originally posted by TransMan
    ahhh i see i see so TDS is a Homeless person now eh

i dont think it was that they were jelous more than it was that they just didnt like the Idea
    What is it about someone winning something that a person may not like? I personally would be happy for her if she won it.

So if you're not jealous, what would you call it? Envy? Almost the same thing.