Page 34 of 220 FirstFirst ... 243031323334353637384484134 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,020 of 6587

Thread: TooDamnSweet Needs some AO Spirit

Wow, I'm not that old and I know who he is.

Thank you obsolete! Now I feel much better.
    He also makes spaghetti....His face should be on a glass jar in your local food store.

Paul Hogan is Crocodile Dundee.
    Paul Hogan is Croccidile Dundey hes a pimp too wit that big *** knife of his

OOOHHHHH That's his name. He does those SUV commercials too right. If they were coming to Shatnerball, whose team do you think he would be on???

Originally posted by Miscue
    Romeo... bah! He's a pathetic fool who was lamely obsessed with the impressionable Juliet.

Originally posted by TransMan
    hmm supior intelect ummm maybe but i bet its summin else
    My karate skills! I'll chop you in half buddy!

Trans, we need a sidebar. Check yourself and meet me in the blue room NOW.

i thinkhe does subaru commercials he would be on his own team cause hes that bad he would rule all

Trans, we need a sidebar. Check yourself and meet me in the blue room NOW.
    yes Miss Yvonnie i will behave my self from now on no more pushing peopel out of the air locks

Originally posted by TooDamnSweet
    And what exactly would that be??? Remember, I know where you live!!!
    Hrm, is that a question followed by a threat? Seems to me that there IS something I know that 2DS wants to keep secret!

You'll just have to find out now in Sept. won't you 2DS!
    "I just came for your mayonaise." ~ TooDamnSweet
    My Buyer/Trader Feedback
    Paintball's Best Photo Gallery: Jayloo.com
    My Jayloo Photos

i thinkhe does subaru commercials he would be on his own team cause hes that bad he would rule all

Really? He's that bad? If I remember correctly, he didn't even know how to use the toilet.

yes Miss Yvonnie i will behave my self from now on

Thank you I knew you could do it!!!!

Originally posted by gibby

Hrm, is that a question followed by a threat? Seems to me that there IS something I know that 2DS wants to keep secret!

You'll just have to find out now in Sept. won't you 2DS!

That is soooo WRONG!!! And yes I !!!'d you!!!

I feel that this thread, first off, is a total disgrace to the spirit of AO. Rewarding a new member with an RT Pro is fine. Rewarding a new member because they flirt shamelessly with AO members is total bunk. Vegeta said it best. This isn't post whoring. Its postitution.
    lol!!

HAPPY FRIGAN B-DAY FatGuy
    hope ya have fun gettin those 40 spakins

WOOHOO!1000!100 MORE TO GO TOM!
    Wow,I remember commenting when we hit 15 pages!Now 32!
    TDS will soon have her RT!
    [Something Cool is Here]

Wait a minute, if this thread hits a certain amount of pages TDS gets an RT. I mean it is Tom's company and he can do what he wants. I just think that's kinda poopy.

yup yup we already had this discusion go read about it u can see it all there but we are past that now

Wait a minute, if this thread hits a certain amount of pages TDS gets an RT. I mean it is Tom's company and he can do what he wants. I just think that's kinda poopy.

poopy, someone else used that word when I first started posting here. I think it was cphilip. Anyway, go back to page 22 and read from there. If you diagree that's kewl, just don't call me a name.

Yeah,if you dissagree leave TDS out of it,she didn't ask,Tom himself offered.

yes yes no name caling we around here dont like that sort of thing

I didn't call anyone a name reread.

I was the one who said poopy.

Personally, I feel it is in the spirit of Shatnerball that Tom offered the RT Pro to TDS. Furthermore, I think it's a good idea, because it's helping to promote the spirit of friendly competition. Granted, TDS is on Shatner's team (at least, in the Federation part of her mind ), but it's cool with me.

I hope you get the RT Pro soon, so you can have a chance to practice with it. And remember this:

WE ARE THE BORG, RESISTANCE IS FUTILE

There are three kinds of people in the world: Those who can count, and those who can't.

With understanding comes understanding.

If the saying is true that we are what we eat, aren't we all just cannibals?

yeah we know u didnt call anyone names we just sayin dont or u will be feelin it

Originally posted by obsolete898
    I didn't call anyone a name reread.

I was the one who said poopy.
    Oh no, I know you didn't call me a name, I was asking you not too. It was kind've a joke since I've been called every name under the sun.

Yeah. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!
    And many many more!!!!!!!!!

WE ARE THE BORG, RESISTANCE IS FUTILE

I'm gonna try to unassimilate you next!!!!!
    Project X Timmee's diconnection to the collective.

Yeah,peeps been mean to TDS and she's been nothing but nice!

Happy B-Day Fatman!!

Sheesh! I really did need some sleep! I meant paul hogan, my bad!! Who the hell is paul newman, btw??

2DS, any pictures from last halloween were promptly destroyed!! I still don't remember what I did!

yup yup we already had this discusion go read about it u can see it all there but we are past that now
    Actually, since the post count is now past 1000 I will post about that again. We are NOT past that. Sorry. You can also NOT go read about it because some of us deleted ALL our posts about it so as to NOT increase the post count. I for one deleted over 15 posts of mine.

I do however agree that no name calling is needed. But names do not define an action or individual, the actions and individual do. So, really no names are needed anyway, we can see what happened.

Tom is free to do as he pleases, and is free to give her an RTP. However the reason WHY, he is doing so, and HOW he is doing so has offended MANY AO Members. And all the arguments FOR it just don’t add up, sorry. The ONLY argument for it that DOES make sense is “It is Tom’s company and he can do anything he wants.” But if that is the case, don’t bother coming to AO looking for opinions any more… because we know where we stand.

I was the first to post my disapproval of this “give away”, and listed my reasons. I was then told that I was the ONLY one who felt that way…. Surprise, many Members felt the same way and voiced their feelings. And there are other members who have openly discussed their disapproval of this in the Chat room, PMs, etc. but have not posted about it. It seems that on the FORUMS those who think it is all right are the ones seen… but everywhere else people are stating their displeasure.

Again, it has NOTHING to do with Tom giving her an RTP… it is WHY. Most of us would be more than happy to see ANY member receive a free marker… it is the reasons why she would be getting it that bothers many of us.

AO has always been a “Sex Free Zone” not a “Free Sex Zone”. AO has open policies about “hitting” on other members. AO has never been about flirting, making “dates”, discussing each other’s body parts in a sexual manner, or all the other crap that has been suddenly introduced to the forums. Because people have not been extremely vocal about their displeasure of this does NOT mean people think it is fine. It simply is NOT.

People have been making excuses about “being friendly”, or “that’s just the way I am”, etc. but for many of us, that is simply not good enough. I am friendly as well, as are many other members. But we don’t make AO our flirting playground… and personally I think it detracts from what AO has been. But that is only a personal opinion.

As I said, this issue was never resolved. It was just let go. Those who opposed the “give away” for the reasons Tom used simply were getting nowhere. They were told to deal with it, and that how they felt didn’t matter (because Tom said he was doing it, and we were just jealous or wanting to cause problems). Well, this is simply not right… but I will not “champion” this issue.. not this time.

In the past I have taken the unpopular stand and gotten lynched for it. But then after it was over was told by many members that they AGREED with me, but since I was doing such a “good job” stating how THEY felt, that they saw no need to post about it. This will not happen again. Sorry… if those who disapprove of this trade for the REASONS it is being done don’t stand up… so be it. I have once again made my position clear on this matter.

1) If Tom wants to just GIVE her a Marker… FINE.

2) If Tom wants to give her a Marker because she has a long Thread consisting of mostly NON-Shatnerball discussions and flagrant flirting… NOT FINE.

It is about principles. It is about what AO is about, and what many of us don’t want to see it become. It is about not being rewarded for breaking AO rules, no matter how popular those actions may be to a FEW AO members. Do not for a minute think that a few VOCAL AO members speak for ALL (or the majority) of AO. Not hearing displeasure does not mean it is NOT there… many AO members simply do not want to “make waves” or put themselves on the line and be attacked for it.

Yeah,peeps been mean to TDS and she's been nothing but nice!
    This is classic! Noone has EVER said she has NOT been nice…. The argument has been that she has been TOO nice. And if you want to give a marker away for being “nice”, I can list many more deserving people….

And to say she is increasing some sort of “awareness” about Shatnerball is ignoring all the other threads REALLY about Shatnerball. And to say she is increasing site traffic is silly. She increased POST traffic in ONE thread. And most of those posting were the SAME people. A thread with over 1000 posts but made by only 5 people (I used 5 as an example, not fact) is NOT some great accomplishment… heck, the post whore threads did better than THAT…. But did Tom give any of THEM an RTP?

People can say what they want, but most of us know the truth.

shartley,just keep out of our thread,no one in this thread gives a poop.I am convinced you are jealous.The giving away of the RT was a complete shocker to EVERYONE!Including TDS.She didn't come here looking for free equipment,she was just as nice BEFORE Tom offered the gun as after.I bet you're worried about conspiracies too?
    You refuse to accept that this was,by no means,a plot to get free stuff.TDSD didn't even kniw what an ER Pro was before she came here!So,I suggest you stay out of this thread completely,none of the regulars in this specific thread want to read any of the drivel you write here.

shartley,just keep out of our thread,no one in this thread gives a poop.
    What? Are you suffering from some head trauma?
    I am convinced you are jealous.
    I already HAVE one, thank you. You missed the mark on that one by a long shot.
    The giving away of the RT was a complete shocker to EVERYONE!Including TDS.She didn't come here looking for free equipment,she was just as nice BEFORE Tom offered the gun as after.I bet you're worried about conspiracies too?
    Who on earth said it was her PLAN? Who on earth said it was NOT a shock?

And you are right about her being just as “nice” before Tom offered the marker. But believe it or not, there was complaints about THAT as well.. and BEFORE Tom offered the Marker.
    You refuse to accept that this was,by no means,a plot to get free stuff.TDSD didn't even kniw what an ER Pro was before she came here!So,I suggest you stay out of this thread completely,
    Again, noone said it WAS. But many of us don’t agree with HOW and WHY she would be getting it (not that she WOULD). And brining up non-relevant issues will never change that.
    none of the regulars in this specific thread want to read any of the drivel you write here.
    And are YOU now the spokesperson for the “regulars”? I am ALSO a “regular” and one might argue much more so than you are. Before you want to post crap about my “drivel”, I suggest you think more than 2 seconds before posting. I did not get personal about those who think it is “fine” to give her the marker for this reason, I just stated MY opinon… so don’t get personal with ME.

That was a strong statement regarding rules and principles. However, it would be nice to hear from AGD what he thinks. Now, I'm all for rules and stuff, but sometimes they can be broken unknowingly. Like anything in real life, you can't contain everything in a box bounded by rules.

Take for instance when you're driving on the road. It's clear with no one around. Sign says speed limit is 40. Do you drive 40 and below or have you found yourself to drive a little faster? If you find yourself driving faster than you should, is that supposed to make you feel shameful?

I understand that you'd like to maintain a certain standard for what this forum is about. I understand some people might have gone too far. But you have to understand that just like in real life, some people like to drive a little fast and have a little fun. People come here primarily to find out more about AGD and the product that they support. I know that's still my primary reason for coming here every single day. But I must admit, it was definitely fun to see a new thread that had a friendly person as the topic.

That's great that you have a few people who AGREE with you but I'm sure there are many more who DISAGREE.

Going back and re-readig Tom's post, it looks like he was having a little fun too:

[qoute]
    So how about it AO , does anyone have any GAME they can loan 2sweet? Anyone want to make her their official queen?

AGD[/qoute]

That last question almost invites this sort of thing. Sure enough, the flirting began from some of the members in hopes to possibly get her attention. 2DS played along and I'm sure she didn't mean any harm. Heck, there was a time when she figured everyone else here was an adult and didn't really check to see how old some of the members were. But the instant she found out, I'm sure she became more aware of what she can say to certain members.

If people want to make this into a war of principles, that's too bad. I think this thread started all for the sake of fun and showing support to a new, potential player. Granted, it went in various directions, you can't overlook the fact that because of the AO community, she did go out and play. Not once, but twice and still plans to play some more. Most threads with this many posts would go off in unpredictable directions.

I'm sure after some of us found out about the "give away" we didn't think of it as a "Tom wants to give out an RTP to the first person who can stimulate your hormones". I personally thought that it was cool, and very generous, and didn't disect every little bit of meaning it might invoke.

Rules and principles are great and all, but if I have to always be aware how to live life based off of those so called rules and principles, I don't think life would be as interesting as it is.

Amen gibby!

gibby
    Thank you for your post. It expressed another side of the issue without attacking those who do not agree with it.

It is clear that there are two different interpretations of what happened. And they are on quite the opposite sides of things. But to pass off those who DID find insult with it would be like saying they don’t matter.

This issue started WAY before Tom made that announcement. It started with members being uncomfortable with how this thread was going. It started with members talking with other members and even the Moderators being made aware of how people felt. In fact, it was beginning to be “toned down” because of this.

Then Tom posed what he did, and it added to the feelings of insult. It does not matter what Tom had intended, it matters what he said. Heck, all other members are held to that standard to include myself, so should Tom. And this is NOT an attack on Tom.. far from it.

Tom made references that many feel are contrary to AO’s actual posted rules. Sure, we often bend the rules or interpret them as we see fit. But when it affects so many people, it is NOT a bad thing to point it out that we feel it is not right.. even if just in principle.

Yes, Tom was looking to have a little fun… that is NOT in dispute… however, how far that fun went is. This can in NO way be taken down to her being a new member and now is interested in the game so it is justified as acceptable AO behavior and that Tom should reward her for it. If it was about new members getting involved (minus the part about her being a female and flirting) Tom would be giving RTP’s out all the time. Our Membership is growing every day and you don’t see THAT attention given to any other member… and if anyone wants to act as if it is NOT for the reasons I just posted, they are conveniently turning a blind eye to the facts.

I respect peoples’ right to think what they want, but by continuing with a blatant disregard to a good portion of AO, one is saying that our opinions are not as important as yours. And I have yet to find one other Female who thought this thread was “okay” after about the first page.

Simply put, “good intentions” are the paving stones to where? And how many times have we heard “But they didn’t mean for it to get that way. They were only having fun. They had nothing but the best of intentions.”

I am sure 2DS is NOT a bad person. I am sure she just got carried away, as did some of the other members. But to act as if it DIDN’T happen… come on. What other member would be given such slack? Heck name one MALE member that would.

So it IS about principles. There ARE members that don’t think it is right. And for other members to personally attack those that do think it is wrong (not talking about you) is just WRONG in itself. Also to try to stop others from posting their opinions (again NOT you), even when posted in a calm and rational manner, goes against every AO principle.

And a few loud mouthed poorly thought out posts will never change that (again NOT you).

Is this the end of the world? No, not by a long shot. But it did bother quite a few members. And claiming it isn’t a real issue will not make it NOT one.

Also,if Tom hasn't found anything wrong here(by his silence I just assume he hasn't,I could be wrong)then NO ONE ELSE SHOULD!

WARPED1
    You assume that Tom reads all the posts? LOL You assume too much.

Also anyone who claims silence indicates approval is dead wrong. AOL tried that crap. “We don’t receive complaints, so there are no problems.” LOL Wrong again!

So to claim that since Tom has not posted one way or the other indicates anything is silly. And also to say that if TOM does not find anything wrong with something, that noone else should… LOL COME ON!!!! Are you that much up Tom’s rear that you can not think for yourself?

We support his company, we purchase his products, but we took no vow to follow him without questions, or to even follow him at all…