Thread: New Car Want U Guys Help

New Car Want U Guys Help

OK something happened with my nissan sentra and today my dad bought me an 89 wolfsburg jetta. It is a 4 door, power windorws, control panel in the front to lock the windows and also control each window. It also has a sunroof. Well i have a pioneer DEH-1000 cd player. Now what should i add to it. (ya i am one of those kids) I was thinking front speakers, amp, and subs. My friends r saying ground effects, new rims (o ya it already has rims not nice but rims), and a new muffler. If someone could point me in the right direction and prices that would b cool. Also in NH radar/laser detectors are legal. So i need one because the fastest highway up here is 65. If anyone could help me on one of those. I am not gonna spend 300 dollars for one. I just want one that will detect the cops b4 they detect me. Thanks

You want right direction?

1) intake, muffler, and any breating restrictions
    2) bomb sound system... don't skimp... get an equalizer too...
    3) custom interior mods for comfort and looks
    4) keep the outside hella beater to piss off your riceboy/wheatboy friends...

edit: as you can tell... I hate riceboy style...

Good Traders:
    Tunaman, K-villeplayer, Magman007, Mastersconi, Jon/xpm, Kenndogg

My feedback if you've dealt with me, leave some...

Fruitcat: it's what AO doesn't like.

I am very bad when it comes to car/car audio. What does everything do?

Change the oil every 3 months or 3K miles whichever comes first. Add a nice stereo, but not an overly expensive one, they attract theives and vandals. Radar detectors won't prevent all speeding tickets, just try your best to keep your eyes open. You get them by being stupid, 55 in a 35, weaving in and out of traffic, that sort of thing. You want to avoid the attention of cops. Young guys in fancy cars playing loud music are going to get their attention.

Foo, for someone who "hates riceboy style" the mods you suggested, scream riceboy. Intake and muffler? Those go on a ricer, right after the go fast stickers...

Re: New Car Want U Guys Help

Originally posted by paintballrulzs
    (ya i am one of those kids)
    ahh, a pipe-dream boy.

Originally posted by paintballrulzs
    because the fastest highway up here is 65.
    Make sure that car is sound before you attempt any illegal speeds. The last thing you need is blow-out (tire, engine, transmission ect. ect.) at high speed.

I wouldn't waste money on useless engine "hop ups" (i.e. Hot air intake, fart cannon) and tasteless "body enhancements". Tint the windows, get some decent wheels (if need be), take care of any body work (if need be), and go for a subtle, yet powerful, sound system.
    Shoot it like you stole it!
    [IMG]Sig image must be under 20kb[/IMG]

Yet another g@y ricer on the streets. When will it ever end?
    -Pulse-

Originally posted by jakolantern1385
    Yet another g@y ricer on the streets. When will it ever end?
    About the same time people stop using the term 'gay' in that manner.
    the JoKeR

Tragically hip and criminally insane.

Now building the ultimate truck body kit. Click on the logo above for details!

Dude... I hate ricers but I will own import cars most of my life... The only thing that makes a ricer a ricer is the stupid fart mods, ugly body work, and stupid attitude...

Originally posted by FooTemps
    I will own import cars most of my life...
    would you care to explain why?

If you want a decent radar detector, go with the K40. They are reliable and probably have the best warrantee in the biz. If you get a ticket while using their detector you mail them a copy of your ticket and proof that you paid it and they reimburse you.

If you want an exhaust, DO NOT get one of those lame universal chrome mufflers with those dumb tips. Look into Tectonics or Euro sport exhausts. They both make quality products for VW's and are relatively cheap.

Not many people make body kits for the MkII Golf/Jetta and if they do, most of them look lame as hell. The going trend with those is to buy the 16valve or Euro bumpers, flares and moldings for 90-92 models. It looks pretty sweet IMO.

If you need a place to look for some of this stuff pick up a copy of performance vw or euro tuner both will help you get going in the right direction. Also here are a couple of websites to get your creative juices flowing.

www.clubh2o.com
    www.germansquad.com

Good luck with it. If you have any questions or need more info please feel free to contact me. I love VW's. I have owned 6 in total since I got my license and all have been heavily modified.
    AO member 4 life

Originally posted by Zumina

They're easy and cheap... lol

I <3 MAGS
    thanks Just the response i was looking for. How much does the radar go for?

And i need a sterao guy now!!

ThePatriot Guest

Because IMO, American cars are trash. I was brought up thinking that, both my parents(americans) believe it too, so it's just how i was brought up, and what i was brought up believing.

They're easy and cheap... lol

How so?? Imports tend to be a lot more expensive to purchase and maintain....

The K40 shold be $150-200 buck the last time I recalled. I will look into it today for you.

What are you looking for in a stero? Me and a friend used to own a peformance shop in Plainfield, NH which dealt with aftermarket performance parts and steros. It was called Afer F/X, ever hear of it? I have not dealt with steros since I left to go to shool, but I can try and point you in the right direction. I personally don't like alot of bass and find it REALLY annoying! I prefer the clean hard punch of a 10" sub which can also move alot of air, just sounds cleaner IMO.

How so?? Imports tend to be a lot more expensive to purchase and maintain....
    But that's because they aren't trash... ^_^ I'm not looking forward to rebuilding a domestic car every 3 years of hard driving. Not to mention most American cars these days are crap or overpriced.

But that's because they aren't trash... ^_^ I'm not looking forward to rebuilding a domestic car every 3 years of hard driving. Not to mention most American cars these days are crap or overpriced.
    He's right you know, I had to rebuild my crap chevy last year. It need a whole new engine. The mechanic said I should get the transmission rebuilt just in case.

The mechanic also to told me to expect to rebuild it when it hits this age.

Now I'm going to have to replace the engine every FOUR HUNDRED THOUSAND MILES. Dang.

Hey Footemps, how much of hard driving do you do?
    Shaun Nelson --- old, fat, slow.... did I mention lazy? I ate all the pies
    I disable .signatures Apparently you do not.

American cars are good.
    European cars are good.
    Japanese cars are good.
    It's the owners that make them great. Those that twist a wrench give the car soul.
    No one nation makes/sells only crap cars. It's how they are driven, cared for etc. that makes the difference.
    Cars are about style, much like music is. Something for everyone. Some like a hot stereo, some like to win the race in the straights, some need a comfy ride and some folks like stickers.
    The car guys that sound the most dumb are the ones that can only talk about how weak someone else's style is, rather than making their own ride speak for itself - or at least get their own ride.

The folks that sit here and talk down about ANY style, rice included, are only leaving the impression that they couldn't tell a big block Chevy from a two stroke Honda.

Be cool folks. You want to prove superiority... take your car to a show or a race and win. You want to express yourself through iron and rubber.. well HELL YEAH, GRAB A WRENCH, SHUT UP AND DIVE IN!!!!

PBRulz - Do what you want. If you're serious about this car, then you shouldn't need to ask any of us what to do - maybe "how," but not "what."

Get a Valentine One detector. Cost more than you have budgeted, but they tend to win the comparos.

Originally posted by Shaft
    No one nation makes/sells only crap cars
    As much sense as you made in the post, which I agree with completly, I have to argue with this. There are several Nations that only make bad cars....

Uh, hold on, I'm thinking of it... Yugoslavia.
    I think we can all agree that the Yugo sucked. Couldn't beat the price however. The Suck to Cost ratio was pretty good... but lots of suck, even less cost.

Ok, maybe not several.

Another Wolfsburg owner!! COOL! Enjoy the car. Here is mine:

sorry for the size.

If you want to do any performance mods, please do yourself a favor and go to:

www.vwvortex.com

Click on "Forums" up at the top of the page. Then click on "Volkswagen" and pick the series of your car. Yours is a Jetta III. Just hang out there, read/learn/enjoy.

Hope this helps.

Ya i love it. I got to wait that 90 day rule in nh til i can drive by myself but in the meantime doing some work to it. What year is urs?

Also any1 do that trunk trick to their car?

Isn't mine a jetta II????? Not a III

Ahh im sorry dude, got carried away there. Yes its a Jetta II. My mistake.

Mines a 2001 Wolfsburg 1.8T.

Originally posted by Shaft
    It's how they are driven, cared for etc. that makes the difference.

Do what you want. If you're serious about this car, then you shouldn't need to ask any of us what to do - maybe "how," but not "what."

Get a Valentine One detector. Cost more than you have budgeted, but they tend to win the comparos.
    Ok, my opinions on these statements in order.

1) Generally a true statement, cars that are cared for well generally run well. You can't exclude the lemon factor though, I've had to do far more engine repairs on babied cars then I'd care to remember.

2) Very true, sit down and think what you really want in the car (be specific). Then draw up a plan how to get there.

3) Yep a good detector. Best detector out there is just to drive smart and keep your head on a swivel though. Find out what speed checking equipment your local department and the state uses. Then you can get the restrictions. (ie laser strength and line of sight requirements).

good luck man

Originally posted by bofh

Now I'm going to have to replace the engine every FOUR HUNDRED THOUSAND MILES. Dang.

Hey Footemps, how much of hard driving do you do?
    heh, I hear that, I have an 89' Corsica with a 2.8L MPFI V6 carrying 205,000 miles on it.

Isn't foo temps 12? Thus he doesn't have any driving experience to begin with...

heh, I hear that, I have an 89' Corsica with a 2.8L MPFI V6 carrying 205,000 miles on it.

Isn't foo temps 12? Thus he doesn't have any driving experience to begin with...
    15.... who said i didn't know how to drive? just because I don't have a license..

Ok...from the "other side of the radar gun"...dont get one...if you speed, you will get caught, regardless of the type of detector you get. I have worked with cops that can guess speeds +/- 5mph...before gunning someone. Also, most state departments will go radar soon...only need a second for it to work, and its only on when you gun someone. Besides, nothing screams "pull me over" like someone coming over a hill or around a corner, then suddenly seeing brake lights.
    X-mag #10. Nuff said.

my feedback

Also in NH radar/laser detectors are legal. So i need one because the fastest highway up here is 65. If anyone could help me on one of those. I am not gonna spend 300 dollars for one

i have one for sell let me get the specs and price fo you