Thread: Good day of paintball

Smile Good day of paintball

I had quite an amazing day of rec play today. There is something different/unfamiliar about rec play. It seems so much friendlier. I usually paintball with a competitive attitude but today was different. I came to the local field in a good attitude. I was helping parties and beginners set up their equipment the first 2 hours. I then moved on to teaching them the basics. Anyway, by the time I was ready to play and had answered everyone questions it was about 12:00. I got there at 9:00. So as I start I realized that the very few good players got together with the decent players and formed a team against rentals, and beginners.

Can you guess which team I joined? That's right, the newbs. I don't know whether it was out of the goodness of my heart or whether I was angered at the way the teams were picked (hehe I said picked.....I meant rigged by the refs). Ohh and it's speedball, my favorite field. Anyway everyone’s tucked in behind the starting points and the game begins. I make a run to the center 50 pill; needless to say I left my team in the dust. I eliminate the left 50 snake, and then eliminate the right 50 pill. The great thing about the vertical pill is that it's like 4 bunkers in one. I had some breathing room so i felt comfortable and confident. To me surprise, my very obedient team is asking me for directions, without hesitation I immediately yell out an onslaught of commands....so muffled I didn't even know what I was saying but they caught on. So here we are these so called Sponsored players with 2 people eliminated off of their team and the newbs (+ me, the good player). I have nothing against sponsored players....but I mean the people who brag about it..... We actually had 1 kid eliminated off our team on the break out but it was no big deal. Anyway the teams are now 11-10.

Somewhere along the line, the teams even down to 6on6. I don't know whom but it did. By this time we are just pressing down on the back players and the few mid-player(s) left. Here's where the good ‘ol soft cup comes in handy. I make a run to get parallel with the last real mid player who is at about let's say the 30. A back player at the double standup get a horizontal string going, he's attempting to lead me but it's not working (I'm too fast). Anyway I pass one bunker (It's a Long field) and I'm almost parallel when a second back player at the church catches on and shoots one ball which strikes my cup. Good old foam cup gets a bounce. I am partially stunned but I make it to the bunker and easily eliminate the whimpering mid player. This is the point in which I just provide cover for my team to move up.

There is what I "guess" you can call another mid player.....(kind of far back) who I'm snap shooting against. That didn't last too long. A teammate made a successful run to bunker him. This is the part that really sticks to me, the 1 for 1 rule. They are both out when my teammate obviously had the advantage. This guy was still shooting strings at me up until the point he was bunkered. So now I believe the teams are 4-5. I find this confusion to be a momentary relief in which I just decide to move up once more. I move up directly in front of the farthest back double stand up. I now have angles on nearly every remaining player. I pin them down while my team continues to use this 1 for 1 to their advantage seeing how we have 1 more. To my surprise we have all of them eliminated except for this corner standup in front of me.

I only have one team mate left at the far right snake. So my last teammate pins him down while I bunker this corner standup. As clumsy as I am, I knock over the bunker on top of him and wasps come out. I ran.....I just left him there He got away without any bites and I apologized. That was 1 game; I only played 5 games the whole day. I only decided to talk about the first game as it was the one which I felt was worth mentioning. However that wasn't my best game All in All, it was a good day of paintball. My gun never chopped nor broke a single ball out of 2 cases......yes that's right, 2 cases. I love my superbolt, nuts to level 10. So who likes my non-fiction story? Anyone?

Taking mags apart is fun, its even more fun when you don't know what you're doing

i like ur story....

sounds like you had real fun....

That [almost] had a sarcastic vibe to it but thanks It was kind of fun. But getting lit up has a whole new meaning....and the cheating was kind of out of control. People were tossing pods under the netting to fellow team members. It felt like they all had endless ammounts of paint

It does sound like you had a great time.

Yes, Rec vs Comp play is different.

Thanks for sharing your day with us.

www.ShartleyCustoms.com
    Custom Paintball Products and Accessories
    CLICK HERE to Check out our PDU SERIES GEAR!

its more like a paper cut that has primadonna's yelling murder... - Glickman

no,i wasnt being sarcastic

(sorry if that looks/sounds sarcastic to,its supposed to be a joke)

Jonno, you're a confusing individual

very good gay for me at weare. One game myself and about 5 other tourney players took 1 side (granted there was about 300 people there) we walked into the base they r defending and slowly picked them all off. I got 27 eliminations that game. No lie there were about 50 people in the base. When we finally got in the base it was me and 1 other guy left. We did a few bunkering ad picked off the guys in the tower. I could see the flag. There was a prize that if u got the flag u win a case of paint. I was 5 feet away from it. I get ready to run and whack. One of the squids stayed down in the tower when i went by. I never saw the kid when i first went through and after about 5 minutes he got the balls to look out and shot me right in the head. I was pist. None the less it was a great day. O and got offered 800 dollars for my hyperframed mag. HEHEHE

I had a good day too, yesterday. After repetitly being owned in the woods, I stayed on the speedball course. Took me two games to get in the speedball set. Two hand hits from not staying the the bunker enough, not used to rounded bunkers. Then basicaly after then I just went crazy each game, usually getting out 2 or 3 players, and getting lit up in the process. (I thought there was two guys one left on game, ran up the side, got one, then 3 guys from right lit me up )