Thread: difference between level 6 and level 7

Question difference between level 6 and level 7

Hi,

How can you tell the difference between a Level 6 Mag and a Level 7? I think mine is a Level 6 (it's 9 years old), but is there any way to tell.

Also, is it possible/worth upgrading to a Level 7? What were the benefits?

Lvl 5 had the barrel without a chamber. Does you barrel have the hole for the paintballs to fall in? Then it's 6 or 7. The only difference is that the 7 has a larger air chamber so the gun can function at lower pressures.

My girlfriend rides a moped. How cool is that??!!
    Good Traders list : RogueFactor, Langrage, ttoad4000t Old Mag Man, HungSolo, Shocker1050, pumpamatic, hitech, Mossman, Jonno06, Rooster, Grimm1013 |||
    Bad Traders : INFINITYMAG - where is my money!?! he has been banned and now changed to THEBIGUY

Older Mags have a spring instead of newer, solid, power tube spacers, the PT is now welded on (you can't remove it). The on/off top should be brass with no cross-hatch.

Army, Removable powertubes and springs were on Level-7 mags. IIRC no Level 6 mags mad it into the wild, they were an interim development between the Level 5 and Level 7. It's also been mentioned by Tom that only 30-40 Level 5's weren't upgraded to Level 7.

Raver, you've got a Level 7, they've been on the market since 1991/1992.
    2k2 VF Cocker, STO/Eclipse Blade, Old-Style 14" Boomstick,
    68AutoMag Classic Feed CF11023, Ring trigger.

Ok, lets set this straight.
    There are only a handfull of level fives out there. It is very unlikely that you have one.
    Level 6 mags were in production for a few years untill the level 7's came out. Once again, most were upgraded, only a few are left.
    Level 7 mags do not have a lower pressure. Some early level 7's have a PT spring rather than a spacer, and a removable PT tip. Later versions do not have this. 9 years (93) is still level 7. I think 92 is when level 7 started.

Thanks everyone

Thanks for your help. Obviously, mine is not a level 5, and it sounds like it might be a level 7. It's good to know that, despite being 9 years old, my trusty old mag is still up to date. Just goes to show you it's hard to improve on perfection.

What is your serial number?

Mine is 8098 and is a level 7 which was purchased in early 1993. It has the power tube spring and on/off top with the X cut in it.

I still use the spring in the power tube, even though I have a spacer kit. I never had a problem with it. I did upgrade my on/off top with a new style AGD on/off for better charge rate.

One thing you may want to check, is the alignment of the hole between the valve back and front. On the older mags, the hole doesn't always line up. This is originally why people used aftermarket valve backs. You can mark your valve back and drill a single hole so that it lines up with the hole in the valve front. This will greatly improve flow rate, especially when combined with the new on/off top.
    Except for the Automag in front, its usually the man behind the equipment that counts.

It's a Level 7!

All,

Thanks for your help. My serial number is CF16083 (assuming that's the number that's printed on both parts of the reg) - so it looks like it's a Level 7.

It's definitely a Level 7, although it's probably only about 7 years old.

Mine's CF11023, and is 8 years old.

man those r sum low numbers compaired to mine...cf62180

There's somebody here with a serial number near 180. It's a Level 7.

180? That would probably be a minimag valve with a MM instead of a CF in front of the number. All minimags were level 7.