Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: ******** First LVL 10 Video!! **************

pardon my incredulity

If its so easily solvable then why has AGD not started shipping markes with it 'solved' from the factory.

I certainly agree that there are 'mag configurations out there which minimize (or eliminate) the harmful effects of blowback, everything from a powerfeed to the slightly longer bolt (did this help?) are attempts to reduce or eliminate the harmful effects.

The fact remains that most mags have some blowback and this causes FTF problems, and is _the_ reason vertical feed 'mags have such a stigma attached to them.

Yes I know there are these legendary (Manike owns one) vertical feed 'mags that work perfectly, but the fact remains that they are not widespread.

-Curt

The real danger of not fully disclosing information: AGD will be added to the big pile of dishonest, elf hyping paintball companies. When I hear AGD start hyping low pressure and air turbulence reducers I'll know that day has come.
    you sound like you expect to see toms thread on these topics tomorrow. i thought it was quite clear that the bolt wasnt making a complete cycle, however i didnt understand what is was doing. i agree that some explanation would have helped, but i dont think that the omission was, by any means, malitious or intentionaly misleading.

all i ca say is youve renewed my faith in the mag...now just make em prettier

Re: I am quite impressed. But have a concern

Originally posted by Curt
    Its pretty clear whats going on here (in principal) I've seen other attempts to design something that did this, and even came up with a 2-stage ram idea to accomplish the same thing (Manike might remember my diagrams posted to the Tinker board)

So the pressure ramps up as the bolt traverses forward. I'll assume the patents are already filed, can you tell us any kind of details just yet?

Specifically-

1) Is it a two-stage design, where the surface area is drasticly increased after the bolt has travelled X distance (like the two-stage ram I designed) Or is it a gradual increased based on some kind of flow-throttling.
    Hey Curt, I do remember those images and discussion. And although I haven't yet actually had a level 10 in my hands I think that is kinda how it works. I'm not sure you even need a second larger surface area... Although the level 10 may have one, if you just reduce the area on the bolt stem, then with the current operating pressure the force will be much lower and then at a certain point open up the transer path to allow the normal firing burst of air.

You needn't open up the path until the bolt is almost closed so you will have a low bolt force on most of it's travel and at least enough of the travel to cover any chances of chopping a ball.

I expect the bolt has to get almost all the way forward until the full gas blast is released. I have no idea if this will help with the blowback issue but it might do... I remember some of the blowback issue being related to a small diameter bolt in the mag fitting into larger diameter barrels.

manike

El_Festablo Guest
    isnt it possible to do this with a cocker? U make it low pressure and make the recocking pressure lower? I have heard of this but im not 100% sure what have you guys heard? Very nice btw AGD, this may bring me back to the world of mags

i know. i was looking through a box of old APGs and i saw so many automags on the covers. what ever happened?

In the beginning the semis to have were mags or cockers, so there you go.

Hopefully Tom will give us another taste of level 10 tonight, I cant wait!

nicely done tom and all of AGD.

amazing. We wub you Tom
    Acid Yellow Phantomm.
    DAoC 2 win

Brought to you by Blazestorm of AO

Originally posted by El_Festablo
    isnt it possible to do this with a cocker? U make it low pressure and make the recocking pressure lower? I have heard of this but im not 100% sure what have you guys heard?
    Every cocker does this stock from the factory. The force opening the breech is less that the force closing it due to the diameter of the rod in the ram making the surface area for the gas to work on less. F = P X A

You can also set up a cocker with a low closing force and larger opening force such that the closing force is not enough to chop a ball but the opening force will always cock the hammer. This is what originally became the selling point of the 'FreeFlow' Cockers, but now it's possible with pretty much any cocker. The gun doesn't need to run on very low firing pressure but the pneumatics pressure is usually reduced. Same principle

manike

El_Festablo Guest
    Thanks Man =)