Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: ******** First LVL 10 Video!! **************

Originally posted by rudy
    Here is an Angel I have with the same test.

We Call it THE BOLT STOPS HERE

didnt have any 1$ bills though

http://www.msu.edu/~slouppau/boltstopshereangel.mov

you may have to right click > save target as

I would like to know how much does the new bolt weigh compared to the first superbolt and stock bolt? Also will any of the adjustments slow the gun down? will the gun change in effeciency with lvl 10? Some people mentioned less muzzle rise or kick is anything like that true?
    As for slowing the gun down, no by what limited knowledge we have, it will still do 20bps. As far as the kick, I doubt it will lessen it.

Originally posted by Butterfingers

PSFT! Of course you angel owners had to show us up by using a $20 bill...
    Well see, he was trying to be symbolic, Butters.. take the following example:

+$200 mag
    +$100 Lvl 10 upgrade
    =$300 (1 dollar bill)
    same/better than New Angel w/ upgrades=$1800 (20 dollar bill)

See the symbolism there?

(Yea yea I know the numbers are kinda unfair, but this is Tom's spotlight)
    To do is to be. -Descartes
    To be is to do. -Voltaire
    Do be do be do. -Frank Sinatra

I need to catch up...

I still don't get to visit as often as I like, due to work and school... but this is ridiculous, I feel like I'm so behind.

Especially with the 'lvl 10' valve. When it comes out, it'll be my first paintball related purchase in 8 months.

The first thing I ever bought, next to my mask, after being at a field for a day was an RT-Pro. Still no regrets and this just makes it all the better.

A few questions. This is upgradable for all AGD markers, correct? And it's relatively easy to do?

I'm sure it's been posted already, but appreciate any response at all.

Thanks to Tom and AGD once again for a great product.

Check my sig I have an Emag and RT waiting for level 10. I also just got my HALO B back from Odyssey. I cannot wait to put my centerfeed body back on my Emag with the level 10 and HALO B.
    Jonathan Edwards-Captain,Damage Inc.
    2003 CPSA Novice Division Champions

Red/Black Fade Alais Intimidator
    Red Eblade GX3 Cocker-68/4500 AGD Flatline

Check My Feedback Here
    Visit Damage Inc's Home Field and Sponsor Fox Paintball
    Check Out Damage Inc's Team Website

Originally posted by manike

don't use a coin!

minimum euro note is 5 isn't it?

manike
    *lol* ... yes, you are right, minimum is 5 €. But a coin would also be interesting ... 1€ could be nearly ca.68
    .... gasing up my Mini ...
    Greets Manuel
    .:| levelx retro z-minimag |:..:| spearhead #192 |:.
    .:| ---> looking for Flatline 4.5K or AA Apokalypse 2K <--- |:.

Less force on the bolt = less acceleration of it => less kick We should have the answer any time soon.

@++
    Intimidator Shocktech with Technatrigger.
    AGD Emag Extreme C&C Lvl10 ACE.
    "Pandora, that is the FIRST C&C Extreme to ever be sold." Manike

"Destruction and reckless abandon. And you all helped to create it!
    WAY TO GO!" The EVE Online Team

F = P x A

Well...it was kind of a surprise to me realy that so many did take the as a usable setting. And if they did there was certainly an assumption on their part that was not ever claimed. Being a gear head type I immediately assumed it may be otherwise and was mostly a demostration of the range of adjustability of the thing. And I was more excited by that than anything. I might point out a feature never before available in the mag is range of adjustability of the bolt force. Now...not having too much experience with Cockers but having seen demo's of them stopping a finger and still shooting I was concluding that the setting on this video was quite a few steps lighter than "finger stop and still shoot". So I suspected the range might include this possibility. And I may still be right there. But already knowing the hard strike end of the spectrum (stock as it is now) I thought it was approriate to open with a video showing the other end of the range of this thing. I believe that was Toms intent. I will not speak for him though it's just my assumption from my own perspective.

But now...it's realy a complete shock to me that anyone would conclude the setting shown was "intended" to decieve. Thats a quantum leap into an area you realy do not have any idea wether it's true or not. Perhaps you feel fooled and angry but I am not certain you can jump into that conclusion if you misunderstood. And then start throwing allegations around this early on. I surely was not about to jump to that conclusion.

I was still curious but awaiting further info. I do not see it stated anywhere that it was to demostrate something like a usable user setting. To jump to the conclusion you have done so here shartly you are having to assume a lot including devious intent. It should be obvious that not all of us did conclude that and so therefore it's just quite possible that Tom never intended it the way you see. Nor foresaw that anyone would take it that way. So while I can see your points, from my perspective, I also see that it was wrong of anyone to have jumped to a conclusion that was never stated nor perhaps even intended.

BUT.... Me thinks that makes both sides wrong then. One for not realy being able to predict what might be assumed and the other for assuming too much and not waiting for all the facts. Admittedly being released over a period of time for drama increases that potential! I think the best thing for all of us to do right now is sit tight and listen and wait for all the facts.
    Last edited by cphilip; 06-14-2002 at 07:53 AM.

AGD, where we are so good we can do it with only ONE tube!

cphilip.com

Originally posted by cphilip
    Well...it was kind of a surprise to me realy that so many did take the as a usable setting. And if they did there was certainly an assumption on their part that was not ever claimed. Being a gear head type I immediately assumed it may be otherwise and was mostly a demostration of the range of adjustability of the thing. And I was more excited by that than anything. I might point out a feature never before available in the mag is range of adjustability of the bolt force.
    Methinks you are right, sir. I think Tom said that most of the videos he was going to post were going to demonstrate the extreme edge of the performance envelope of lvl 10. This is probably not the ideal user setting being demonstrated to us, but rather and extreme example of tuning.

well Krafty I might be right but then again I am thinking from my head not others. And they, it seems, didn't consider that was a possibilty and seem hurt as they feel decieved. My point was that I now understand their logic to some extent. Not that I agree with their conclusions that it was INTENDED to have caused them to conclude otherwise. That part I am inclined to disagree with at this point.

AGD, We're soft on your balls!!!
    EMag 0558 w/ warp
    Mag w/ Retro valve/ Z Grip
    Mag
    It's a Mag or I don't play

Of course we are friends and therefore we can disagree without fear of any flaming. We often have different perspectives on things and this appears to be one of them.

Sam, you use the words "Caught", "openly admitted" and "looked pleased" in your response. It appears to me with the intent to imply he had to be tricked into divuldging something. All of which are purely your interpretation of what you think was going on. And I did not see it that way. Fact is Tom brought the subject up himself. And in fact, in response to a question from me I think. And he openly told us the facts. Your portrayal of the session is a bit slanted from what I can see.

I was in there for that part you are portraying but lost connection and missed the last of the discussion with the other member. So I will not comment on that. By the time I got back in that was winding down.

But let me say this...You are stating it's either this or that...You may be boxing yourself into a corner. It may not be black or white. It may be grey!

Cphil and shartley, I must say, this has been one of the best discussions I have read on here in a long time.

We all might be a little biased in our own way, but I still believe that Tom wouldn't openly decieve his own breed. I find that in his demonstration he meant to show the edge of what can be. Now in doing this, everyone is quick to assume, what can be, will be. Now it's human nature to jump to conclusions.

However you know what happens when you assume, you make an a** out of u and me.
    Once you have shot and eliminated someone, you have established your position towards them. In a sense, the next move is up to them...

See ya in the dead box!

For what it's worth I thought that I was being shown a
    usable setting, and I suspect anyone that saw that video
    without the "inside info" would think the same.the text
    of the post make no such statement

A setting that won't even fire a ball is no setting at all

Didn't Tom post that the video's were on the ragged edge of performance and not what you'd set your gun to? Maybe I dreamed that.

Either way, I need one!

I agree with shartley about how misleading that video can be, and that more clarification would have been nice. However, I also agree with cphil in that I don't think Tom openly meant to decieve anyone, I just think he wanted to show what it was capable of and that's it. My guess is, he thought when this thing goes live it'll be an amazing upgrade, and this will be illustrated in future video posts, but for now he just wanted to show what will be. Kind of throwing a bone to us salivating dogs so to speak...

I think if you over analyze something, you can read negatives and positives into anything. I think the video is what it is...just an early example of what the mod will be able to do once everything is online and running smoothly. Everyone is so hyped about getting their hands on this new mod that Tom had to show us something. Personally, I would have liked to see a nice little showing of the different parts that make up the lvl 10 myself..kind of like the way they detail parts visually in the AGD videos. What's the big deal anyway? Why can't we just see the individual parts that make up this great creation and be done with it?

Anyway, I'm sure once Tom is finished with it it'll kick mucho butt and take the world by storm. So really, what we all need to do is just sit back an be patient and find something else to fill our freetime till it comes out.

Thumbs down Shartley

I'm rather disappointed man.

Tom is STILL doing something most companies would never consider doing. He is showing us a product that hasnt been released yet, and showing it, IN WORKING ORDER (maybe not firing a ball, but it is working).

Even though in that state it may not fire a ball, what is the big deal? He is showing us something, we think its cool, and thats that.

I dont understand why you are getting so upset, just because people dont agree with you when they normally do?

I think you need an ego check buddy.

Quote from earlier post: "Once you see the video I think it will be clear where we are heading on this. I must point out that all the videos we will show represent the EDGE of the performance envlelope. For various reasons you may not be able, or not even want to go as far as the vids show. "

The way I look at it, we were forwarned.

We've all been around the block a few times and know that every manufacturer's test is designed to make them look good and the competition pale in comparison. Do you think Tom didn't test other markers before showing us that video? It reminds me of something I heard in a movie (can't remember it dangit) pertaining to lawyers. Don't ask a question you don't already know the answer to.

It was an impressive clip but even if he never showed us anything, EVER, 50% of us would still buy it based on the limited information he's already given us.

What was that movie anyway? It's driving me nuts. It had Tom Cruise and Demi Moore, they were Navy lawyers that went to Cuba to investigate a Marine getting killed. And the dude says in court "You can't handle the truth!"
    -Brad
    SevenTwentyVideo Extreme Media
    Chicago '04 is Done!
    Denver 04 is nearly done.
    Breakin' it down 720 style!

It was "A Few Good Men"

...and it goes a little sumpin' like dis...

Tom Cruise: "Colonel, did you order the code red?"
    Jack Nicholson: "You want answers?"
    TC: "I want the truth!"
    JN: "YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!"

Demi Moore looked hot in that flick, not like "Striptease" hot, but close.

What the hell?

Shartley, you should calm down bro. It would have been nice to have a working field ready marker in that video.
    And I also thought it would have been nice to have a detailed view of the new parts as I stated before. But hey, Tom could have just decided to keep the whole thing secret until it's release date and not show us anything. At least the test video in a raw stage, which is what that was, is something to see. I just don't think it's a big enough deal to warrant inferring Tom's decieving us and qouting the dictionary.

I feel confident Tom was just showing us an example of what it's supposed to do. Am I disappointed at that video? Hell yeah I am. I have a cable internet connection and it still took me seven or eight minutes to download and watch that for some wierd reason, and it wasn't really anything. But, I'm not taking it personally. Hell, most of the people out there whether they saw that video or not will buy the lvl 10 anyway so what difference does it make.

I respect you shartley, don't get me wrong bro, I just think you're getting way too animated about something that's blown out of proportion and will end up pissing people off. Flame me if you want.

dude this rules Im buying a rt mag tommarrow
    rt mag

No flaming.. no need… you did not say anything worth flaming about. I have no problem with what you posted.

Yes, I got animated… but only because I felt that people were turning a blind eye to what happened… no big deal…. MY MISTAKE.. for as long as I have been a member of AO I should have know better…..

I will now apologize for anyone I pissed off with my pointing out what I did… I just find it funny (actually NOT) that everyone I have talked to about this to include some who are now taking a different stand all AGREED last night. And some of them are inside people. I feel like I am hung out to dry here… it will NEVER happen again….

Problem solved. I will even go back and DELETE it so that we can continue with our fairy tale… I do hope Tom puts a clear disclaimer on his original post though… that is, after all, all I was getting at anyway…

I would have to say though (not to get into the middle of this discussion) that what tom said is technically accurate (I agree with shartley that it was completely misleading as most people didnt really even remember what tom said in that original post ;-) ). But, tom said people may not want to go that far (being remove a detent, set the thing this soft) The marker would still perform, if you remove detents, I personally would never want to do that, but some people who have horribly chopping mags (WHO ARE THESE PEOPLE!@#*!@#) may want to... The option is there, it is not something many people would want to do, whereas im sure the option is there on the other extreme of you can buy a specially sharpened bolt, a specially weakend spring, that is designed to CHOP OFF YOUR FINGERS (yes, i'm currently working on this gun, I call it the fingerball gun, ammo is quite limited though, around 10 shots or so)...

Legion

Proud Owner of:
    Emag #EM01523
    Emag Powered 12v Smoke Warp Feed
    Clear Blue HALO B
    Total Freak Kit 14" Blue AA, SS Back
    68 4500 Flatline
    E-Magnum
    Level 10
    TL63 Blade Trigger

Originally posted by shartley

Yes, I got animated… but only because I felt that people were turning a blind eye to what happened… no big deal…. MY MISTAKE.. for as long as I have been a member of AO I should have know better…..
    Hey man, join the club. I was taking this stance two weeks ago when I was discussing my crusade against the "rules nazis" and they're evil plan to make us all wear grey unis with barcodes. I felt like my comments on that form of censorship were candid and important, but for the most part I was kinda left hanging too. (With the exception of a few like minded individuals.) Anyway, I see you're point and I'm glad you have the (paint)balls to stand up and say you're not buying the magic elves at work in that video.

You're last post made me see where you were coming from a bit more. I appreciate what you're trying to do for the good members of AO by pointing this out, and that's cool, I was just commenting that I thought it got blown out of porportion. However, I will concede you were in the chat room and I wasn't so quite possibly you found something else to get offended by that I wasn't privy to. In any case, I don't think it's worth saying you'll NEVER make the mistake of trying to bring injustice or wrong-doing to light again. It's what strong willed people like ourselves do...why do you think I have Superman in my sig? It's all good though...hope you didn't take offense.

Originally posted by legion
    (yes, i'm currently working on this gun, I call it the fingerball gun, ammo is quite limited though, around 10 shots or so)...

Legion
    That's some funny ****!

We predict that you will see this approach spread across marker designs in their attempt to catch up with our technology
    you can't keep other companies from copying it? You should be able to protect it right?.. I don't know the legal mumbo jumbo, but there has to be a way... why spend all that time and money in R&D if someone can just copy it?
    Proud AGD Marker Owner Since 94
    My Pretty Pewter ULE MiniMag!
    Stuff for Sale

kool, once i see a mag wiht this setup working, even I might be impressed
    ** Your image was deleted because a huge ass "protection image" comes up. The site hosting that image doesnt allow for other sites to pull from it. Like Angelfire. So host it some where else or maybe attach it to a friendly corner post and link it from there. Sorry and thanks. - Webmaster **
    Sly Irish Guy ^_^

woah....
    Black Warp Left E-mag #EM00163
    emagnum board
    14in freak
    12v smoke warp w/ interlink
    drilled 12v revy w/ JMJ impeller and WAS turbo rev board
    shocktech drop
    AGD flatline dovetail adaptor
    68 3000 flatline

***soon to be***
    emagnum body rail
    black powder coat
    custom grips from Frymarker

If you took out the detent for that setting couldn't you use and autococker breach sizer for the extremes? Just a thought.

the mpeg isnt working for me