Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Offical LVL10, Reports from the Field Thread

WOOT! Level ten is here!

-How long it took you to get it installed and what your configuration was to get it working properly:

13min 49sec. First try. 1.5 carrier two shims. Stock spring on a 68 classic. Clocked in at 245.

-The type of gun you're using it on:

68 automag classic, standard feed

-Efficiency

Saw no appreciable difference (usuing CO2)

-Number of breaks/chops and type of paint used:

700 rounds of 3 year old, nasty, dimpled proball and brass eagle. Fanned the trigger over the chronny with revvy off. Zero chops, 0 breaks. For my last 10 shots I cracked them all with my o ring pick. Smeared some paint down the feed tube to slow feeding. Fanned the trigger, the bolt stopped in 8 of 8 instances and shot the paint 9 of 9. This is already 3 year old cracked, dirty paint. The tenth round was so dirty that it never dropped into the breech. Unreal.

-Any problems you encountered

None whatsoever.

-Other general comments:
    Great Job! Awesome trigger pull, no kick and no chops! Amazing. I had a crowd around me at the chrony station for 2 hours while I put it through it's paces.

UPDATE
    2000 rounds of field-paint, no breaks (at least in my marker).
    BUT, some of it was 5+ bounce paint, so it wasn't a great gauge. More this Sat.
    "My Jell-O is dying in the audience..."
    Merrill Howard Kalin

ben_JD Guest

Another glowing report

- About 30 minutes of installation/tinkering time.

- Ended up with Carrier 2, 2 shims and medium spring. [Edit: Actually, when I opened the power tube again, I noticed only 1 shim, so either I shot one out (unlikely) or I only installed 1.]

- P/F Automag with ReTro Valve, Intelliframe.

- Efficiency seemed to take a sharp dive with the longest spring...got better (seemingly) with the middle spring.

- 1/4 case of Competetive Edge (really cheap paint) - no breaks; 1/4 case of Diablo Inferno - no breaks

- Problems: With the longest spring, I noticed that upon pulling the trigger for a "first" shot, it would sputter and the bolt would reset...not great for snap-shooting. This seemed to be alleviated with the middle spring.

I installed this sitting in my favorite store (Paintball and More - Euless, TX) and the owner and one of the other store guys were both impressed. We stood that gun on every end in order to attempt to get a chopped ball...couldn't. We even went so far as to put a old VL2000 (non-aggitating) loader on the 'Mag and couldn't even get the gun to think about chopping.
    Last edited by ben_JD; 07-29-2002 at 04:59 PM.

- Took about an hour to install with the detailed instructions. About another hour to tweak. Anoter or so hour of on going tweaking.

- Installed on my RT Pro, Zgrip, stock barrel and PMI Pure energy 3000, 47cu tank. For testing purposes I was using a coiled remote. Ended up with the small spring, two shims and 1-ring carrier.

- On this tank it significantly less efficient, I primarily play indoor leagues with speed at 260. Around 300 left in the tank, it just quits, I now have to fill after every game, where I could ususally last two games w/o filling.

- Been using 1 year cruddy paint to test w/o any breaks, have shot about 1000 rounds of RP Premium w/o any breaks yet.

- Problems that I have encountered are wierd. During my league play I have to get my tank filled every game. So then I would walk right to the chrono and get the speed going 215, 220's. I set it like that for a reason. I would then play the next game 10-15minutes after that. Then during the game, I'd put about 200 rounds through it, and when I would Chrono off it would be high 250's, low 260's. Comming on the field I would be at 220's, 230's. This would happen every game. I don't totally understand the physics behind cooling tanks and velocity, so I know there's a connection to be made, but I don't know where. I am not certain what to do. Any suggestions?

AGD: you need to use the shortest spring for indoor play.
    Last edited by AGD; 07-24-2002 at 10:54 AM.

-How long it took you to get it installed and what your configuration was to get it working properly
    It took me about 30 minutes to get it up and running. i am using the medium spring carrier #1 and 2 shims.

-The type of gun you're using it on
    68. classic w/ warp nitro duck tank ricochet JJ ceramic and other stuff

-Efficiency
    No noticable change.

-Number of breaks/chops and type of paint used
    NONE feild paint(32* compitition)

None what so ever

-Other general comments
    Great upgrade. now all i need is to get enough money for a 68/4500 flatline
    Rockin' the Cocker.

Great Traders List: Dern

Talking Offical LVL10, Reports from the Field

Before I get into all the specifics... HOLY $%*#... This is by FAR the best thing to ever happen to paintball. I took it to the Michigan Monster game, and the only time I broke balls was when I ran out of air, and on one of the last 10 shots, two or three balls loaded and were in the barrel, and the ball broke one of the others in the barrel. This mod ROCKS... The best $65 I've ever spent

OK, the details:

-How long it took you to get it installed and what your configuration was to get it working properly

It took only about 10 minutes for 1st install, around 30 min. total. I used the stock spring, 1 spacer, and the 3rd smallest carrier

Automag Classic powerfeed. Intelliframe, old Armson barrel, 68ci 4500psi nitro, viewloader revolution

-Efficiency

No noticable difference

NO BREAKS/CHOPS IN THE BREACH (see comment above)in 5 cases of paint total. We had 3 level X's and shot Diablo blaze, Zap crap, Nelsplat... a large range.

There were initial problems with the 1st set-up I had, but I went to a smaller carrier and back to the main spring and it runs great.

-Other general comments
    Level 10, squegee not required

WOW...
    Gotta get a Level X !!!!!
    Do or do not, there is no try.
    -Yoda

Ok...let see...first i'd like to suck up to AGD for getting me my kit in less than five days. Secondly I would like to say....thank god for level 10! On to the review here.

INSTALLATION: Ok...while I attempted to set up the gun as best as I could before I had air, it turned out to be too loose...I guess Tom Kaye's idea of snug is different then mine...no big deal. I put everything in correctly set it up and aired it and went to fire...ok no leak but no bolt movement. After about 30mins of crap I just stripped everything down and followed the quick setup guide and did it in 5mins tops...works fine.

FIRST IMPRESSION: I brought it out back and started to dry fire to break in the new O-ring, the neighbors seemed to dislike the fact that I kept on firing the gun but oh well. I was at first alittle scared as to what would happen if I put in my finger...seeing as how the bolt shoots normally I decided to try the ball and tape test. I taped up a slightly old prem. RPS ball and set it in, fired...good fired good, feathered...great. Only problem was the force knocked one ball from the tape and it was sent flying to put a hole through my screen! Ok so that wasn't AGD's fault.

SPOILS OF WAR: Ok I made the short walk to my friends house seeing as he owns a chrono I figured that seeing as he was so close I would setup my gun to the right speed and such for the field saturday. So I chronoed it...299, 283,285,283...that was good enough for now. I honored him with the first string and he blasted off about twenty balls in a moment or so and nodded in approval which he rarely gives. Ok my turn...I shot slow at first then picked up, then tried to chop...*pop pop hiss pop hiss hiss pop pop*...no chops. Ok time to feather it down, *pop pop pop pop pop splurt! pop pop pop* No...did it just chop! I blanky turned the gun to look down the barrel (No...I usually don't but I was going to get pissed.) ...Ok so we both saw paint explode infront of my barrel but there was little to no paint in the gun barrel break! haha! I ran about 250 shots so far and no chops one barrel break...and considering the paint is slightly old and the barrel to paint match blew I was very happy.

I would just like to thank AGD for making another great product, please keep it up i've always had faith in you guys.

-Justin

I am done with my comprehensive testing of the level 10:

Installation: Less than 5 minutes. 1.5 carrier/ 2 shims. Later moved down to a 1.0 carrier. Velocity ~250 with small spring.

First Impression: Wow this thing is great. Its so easy to make the RT go reactive.

Test 1:

Level 10 Test Paint brew... About 200 or so paintballs sitting in my humid garage for 2 weeks open. They were all mishaped and oversized some were broken. Put it in the breach to try to force a break. Pull the trigger around 100 times left a little indent in the paintball but didnt chop.

Shot the rest out of my .692 oversize barrel with no chops or barrel breaks.

Test 2:

The Freezerball test. Leave diablo hellfire in the freezer for 1/2 hr. Remove. Try to force a break. Pulled 17 times on the same ball cut the ball on the 17th pull. Still pretty impressive. Emptied the rest of the hopper with no breaks.

Test 3:

The probablity test. Took it to the feild, impressed alot of people. 2 days over 4000 rounds not one break. Got pulled and falsely accused for full auto yet again.

Test 4:

The VL200 test. Loaded the gun up with the cold hellfire attempted to shoot as fast as possible. No breaks.

No problems except an occasional leak, remidied by going from the 1.5 carrier to the 1.0 carrier.

Efficency:

200-250 FPS. Small Spring, No real change

250-285 FPS. Medium Spring, Slightly Less Efficent

285+ FPS. Large Spring, Notably less efficent.
    Did you hear about the new european weapons contracts? France is going to make the wooden sticks Spain making the little white flags

How long it took you to get it installed and what your configuration was to get it working properly

took about ten min. thanks to the vid miscue made, 1.5 carrier 2 shims middle spring. chrono 299 299 295

warp left mag, a.i.r. valve (intill i get my retro working, please the the tech forum) Warp not hooked up 12v revo on elbow.

-Efficiency

to early to tell about 200 on 1000psi with a little left over.

none yet but only had about 100 pro ball. Found some advantage with dimples no chops, the just bolt stopped

none yet

-Other general comments

no leaks that I can hear with this setup, it is a pain to get the carriers out, i found that a old p style nubbin bent straight works wonders at getting them out. Broke out the warp with weak batts, no chops and no double feeding, had a little trouble with double feeding before.

Just tried the finger test, i couldnt stop giggling that is so cool.
    Last edited by dogEmedic; 07-25-2002 at 06:41 PM.

-How long it took you to get it installed and what your configuration was to get it working properly- Initially nstalled by AGDE in about 30 mins, using 2 carrier, 2 shims and long bolt spring.

-The type of gun you're using it on- Automag 68 with boo-yaah trigger.

-Efficiency- slightly less than standard

-Number of breaks/chops and type of paint used- none using diablo midnight, cronic and various unbranded rec site paint.

-Any problems you encountered- After initial bedding in (about 500 paint), unless the velocity was turned up I would get a leak in the powertube. Tried removing 1 shim but did not help. Spent last evenings rec-ball (approx 2000 paint)fine tuning. Ended up using 1.5 carrier, 2 shim and long bolt spring. Will test again later as battery ran out on trigger. Also occasional problem when connecting remote coil valve would blow out air from bottom!
    Found that degassing, removing valve assembly and refitting would sort it out (until next time). Note when I swapped over to 1.5 carrier, I noticed the 2 carrier had some rub marks on one side.
    -Other general comments- I feel happy using any paint in this marker now. Approx 2000 to 3000 paint through it with level 10 and no breaks! What more could you ask for.
    TonyF
    U.K. Importer for Nexed Paintball Clothing & the "Boomer" Freak Tip @ http://www.pro-paintball.co.uk Offering special "Team Deals" to ALL teams!
    ==================================
    Also visit http://www.pc1staid.co.uk for Special "Baller" prices on all Computer Equipment and PC repairs.
    ==================
    Powered By:
    Quantumised & Warped, Intelli-Z-Grip LX RT & Warped, Z-Grip LX RT.
    ==================

30 Minutes
    My setup is #2 carrier with 2 shims and the middle spring set for a velocity of 240fps (indoor field)

Standard MiniMag with stock barrel and a 68/3000 preset tank

-Efficiency

for me there was a niticable drop in efficiency, about 15%

0 breaks 0 chops RPS Bigball 1000 rnds
    0 breaks 0 chops 2 year old Sheridan (diablo) 200 rnds

nothing major, because the springs are longer it is more difficult to put the valve back into the body.
    I noticed a slightly larger velocity fluctuation +-8fps but it could have been the paint and weather (93deg F, 90% humidity)
    and I lost the Foamie during the first couple of games(dont know when realy)

-Other general comments

I think for outdoors (300fps) I would end up using the longest spring and possibly the 1.5 carrier but I havent had a chance yet

my only complaint is with the foamie, I would feel mutch better with a hard nose bolt. At $3 for 4 foamies (http://store.airgun.com/acb/showdetl...ID=213&CATID=6) loosing one every once in a while can add up.

Around 20 minutes to install.

Current config tested at 'home' - Longest spring, 1 carrier, and 2 shims.

Rt Pro with a AA Geddon tank.

-Efficiency

Haven't tested it on the field with paint yet, but guessing it's lower than before.

Will update.

The 1.5 carrier seemed snug enough, but I encountered a slight problem (user error). At first after sliding in the carrier and two shims, I couldn't completely screw in the power-tube tip. I quickly realized I hadn't pushed in the carrier all the way through - I applied more pressure to it, but it just didn't seem right.

So I went to 1 carrier, and at this point I figured out that I had to apply more than a little pressure to get it in. It did go in, but had trouble trying to take it out, so I could install the 1.5 carrier instead. I didn't want to damage the oring on the 1 carrier, so I just left it in there. Installed two shims and then the power tube tip.

Had to crank up the velocity - I think 3-5 full turns on the back before it would fire. After the first 6 pulls, air started venting out the back. Fixed it by lowering the velocity.

-Other general comments

Couldn't get the money trick to work properly, but the bolt stopped and hissed fine when I used a straight-shot and a pencil to test it.

Happy with!

Just need to field test it tomorrow.

Ok first before I get into anything, this thing is absolutely amazing, the one single thing that hurts someone like me(47ci tank) is the efficiency. I havent actually tested the efficiency but it makes sense the way it is engineered that it would be less efficient. . No worries, Ill trade efficiency for no recoil (seriously), no chops, smoother trigger, and quieter gun (no one mentioned this becuase it isn't real important but I like a quiet gun. Good for rec woods games).

Time to install:
    approx. 25 minutes to get it running as I would like it on the field. I didnt like getting the carrier out (used a flathead screwdriver, a real small one)

-1.5 carrier
    -2 shims, havent tried anything else
    -Middle Spring

---I haven't chrono'ed but the velo seems to be about 290

Gun Setup:
    See sig

Efficiency:
    Unsure, to my knowledge it should be less, see bottom note

Breaks/Chops:
    None. Not surprised at all, but highly impressed. Just laying a pen thru my pwrfeed and firing the gun stopped the bolt . My 10yr old sister liked the finger trick , but she wouldnt do it herself. I fired the bolt on the same paintball 8 times and nothing happened, and the paintball didnt break in the barrel. It also was an accurate shot, so Im assuming the paintball was left completely unharmed.

EDIT: only tested 200 - 250 rounds of 1 month old 32* competition paint and 6 month old proballs. I have plenty of 6 month old paint that will be tested when I get that chance.

Problems:
    None. I imagine the oring will wear out over time to a certain extent and at that point I will have to use the 1.0 carrier. But that isnt a problem.

Other general comments:
    I think I have a reason why some people are getting bad efficiency; they are using old paint to prove the power of the level 10. Old paint is usually swollen or deformed as we all know, resulting in a need to turn the velocity up slightly. This in turn lowers the amount of shots you get per fill. Also, you who are getting inconsistent velocity readings are probably also using old paint as well. Some of the paintballs are swollen which lowers your speed, and some are normal which gives you varying results in velocity when you chrono. Try using old paint to chop, then get fresh paint and use that for consistency and efficiency tests.

One last thing. It is MUCH easier to shoot 8 balls a second. I can even get 9 and not have to worry about recoil because there isnt any. Stock frame.
    MM19223 -=Minimag=-
    [Level-10]&[ULT]
    -Self Polished Body
    -Intelliframe nickel
    -Lapco SS 12 inch
    -KAPP Chrome gas thru-grip
    -32* Flame Drop Chrome
    -Black Macro
    -47ci 3000psi Crossfire tank
    My minimag-link working

email: dr975@yahoo.com
    aim SN: drx975

finally a good field test!

Here I am, probably a month after i had the Level 10 and just had my first real day of paintball, yesterday. after getting my problems w/it sorted out last time i went to the field, last nights experience was great.

time to install the first time----> probably around 20 minutes with everything in and about another 40 with the right velocity and tuning.

type of gun----> minimag AIR valve w/ intelliframe and flatline 3k tank at about 800 input psi.

efficency---> slightly lower then before, though havent really tested it

number of shots/ paint used----> at the park we use PMI premium. decent paint i guess. i didnt chop ANY of those. at my home, my good friend gave me a thousand Brass Eagle balls from when we started back 2.5 years ago. these things havent been moved or stored any where close to properly for those years. they ahve say in his room in they're original case. ill try and get a pic of some of these Brass Eagle balls i shot. i shot about 500 of those w/o a break as well. also tried to hang a ball into the breech to simulate a chop and it worked fine for about 25 simulated chops, then i guess it just gave up and the paintball got a little chop in its side. :[
    ~~~~ here are some pics of the crappy paint i used!~~~~

problems--->
    i had my fare share of them the first time out. velocity was a pain. this tiem out it was perfect velocity was at 260-270 so i just left it and had fun!

other comments--->
    neato product. ADG and staff are great guys and thanks for making a great product. you guys are good at anything you do, tanks, guns, you guys should try to do a BARREL!!! i know you guys can make something that shoots straight!
    Last edited by felony; 07-27-2002 at 02:40 PM.

Update:
    1000 Marbs, several pinches, no breaks.

Level 10 Beta Test

I got my level 10 upgrade last week and put it in my Minimag w/ReTro Valve and Intelliframe. Then took it over to Warped Sportz in Los Angeles for Chronoing. Shot 300 rounds at 275 fps as fast as possible (fanning the trigger) and tried short stroking the trigger. NO CHOPS!!!!!!!! It cured my problem.

30 to 40 minutes

Retro Minimag

-Efficiency

Can't tell if it's any different than before

No Chops whatsoever. Used Viewloader paint, orange fill.

None.

-Other general comments

Just use the carrier with one grove, longest spring, and two shims, it worked for me and didn't leak. Just remember guys, turn up the velocity until it fires.

Level 10 rules!!!!! Chops are history.

Another stunning day with Level 10. This time in my nice new C&C. I lent my RT out to some other guys (I think three different people played with it over the day) and had no reported problems, one of them even very kindly shot me with it Maybe JanStah or Jonneh will add their own comments.

Anyway the C&C was flawless today. Chrono'd at +/- 2fps. Shot two cases of paint pretty much. No chops or barrel breaks or anything, just lines of paint that got commented on by an IR3 user as 'fast'

I was running hybrid mode and ACE on setting 1.

With the extreme because it has ACE also I am thinking about using one of the shorter springs so I can run my tank down lower. At the moment my gun requires at least 850psi to shoot reliably. I'm thinking I should be able to get that lower with a shorter spring and thus squeeze a few more shots from the tank. The trade off to a heavier bolt force may well be worth it since the ACE and halo B are covering the bases.

With a mechanical gun I think having the bolt force as low as possible is best (as per my RT) but with an extreme with ACE you don't have to worry so much. Since the ACE stops you chopping also... I shall be trying out my theory during the week or next weekend.

manike

Originally posted by manike
    Another stunning day with Level 10. This time in my nice new C&C. I lent my RT out to some other guys (I think three different people played with it over the day) and had no reported problems, one of them even very kindly shot me with it Maybe JanStah or Jonneh will add their own comments.

Anyway the C&C was flawless today. Chrono'd at +/- 2fps. Shot two cases of paint pretty much. No chops or barrel breaks or anything, just lines of paint that got commented on by an IR3 user as 'fast'

I was running hybrid mode and ACE on setting 1.

With the extreme because it has ACE also I am thinking about using one of the shorter springs so I can run my tank down lower. At the moment my gun requires at least 850psi to shoot reliably. I'm thinking I should be able to get that lower with a shorter spring and thus squeeze a few more shots from the tank. The trade off to a heavier bolt force may well be worth it since the ACE and halo B are covering the bases.

With a mechanical gun I think having the bolt force as low as possible is best (as per my RT) but with an extreme with ACE you don't have to worry so much. Since the ACE stops you chopping also... I shall be trying out my theory during the week or next weekend.

manike
    Look forward to reading the results and copying the set up

What kind of efficiency were you getting?

Paul.

okay - here are the results of this automag newbie. setup on the paintgun when I hit the field was the 1stripe, 1 dot carrier and 2 shims. My automag has a carrier leak with the quick start 2 stripe carrier. The paint I was using was el cheap recball, its $40 a case.

I went to my favorite local field today to try the paintgun and the level 10 bolt out. First game of the day the gun worked like a champ, no problems.

Partway into the 2nd game of the day it stopped firing. Pulling the trigger had no effect at all. I noticed that the trigger actuator screw had backed down again. Whats funny is some kid ref noticed and asked me if I wanted to be called out - I said heck no! I kept a couple guys occupied for a couple more minutes just by pointing the gun back at them. Then they figured it out and I got flanked and shot . . . oh well

So back to the staging area and I tear the gun apart to fix the trigger. I used some silicon tape on the threads and when I got it set where I wanted I gave it a crimp with a pair of pliers. Yeah, I know - hack job surgery. But it worked - no more problems with the trigger the rest of the day. I am going to find another screw to set in behind it to lock it in place.

I also stuffed my PGP into my belt . . . just in case

Go to play the next game - I hit the chrono to recheck the gun. Its not firing again - but this time I could tell it was a shim issue. Back to my truck and I stick another shim in. Back to the chrono to test. The automag was again firing away like mad. I put a hopper down range there with no problems. Though I did notice a consistency problem with velocity. I dialed the gun in at ~285 and it would have the odd spike to ~300 and the also occasional drop to ~265. Most shots were within a 10fps range. I verified this on 2 chronos, the fields radar chrono and my own personal optical chrono. If anyone has suggestions let me know - I ordered a spare parts kit and figure I should just replace all the seals in the valve.

On to the next game - airball, ick . . . but I wanted trigger time. The automag hammered through about 400 shots in short order, I tagged one guy and then got tagged myself.

On to the next game - this was in a village field with a fair number of people. I put close to 800rnds through the automag in that game without a hiccup or a bobble. It just worked and flat out ripped when I got on it. I had 2 guys try to dash to cover in front of me and I put a wall of paint up and got both. I was happy later in the game I put down some long streams of cover fire to pin down opponents while some of my teammets manuevered. And the gun worked - I think I got the setup tuned in now.

A comment on efficiency. I seemed to be getting about 200shots per 1000psi. I have a PMI Pure Energy 68cu.in. 4500psi tank on the automag. I dunno if this sort of gas consumption is good or bad or just average. It didn't feel like a gas hog, and that is all that matters in my book.

In the end I had no breaks in the gun or the barrel. The recball paint was prone to being out of round and lumpy so I had the occasional bolt reset - it is really seemless when it does it, I barely noticed them.
    I don't believe it, its that *****box dodge again!

Bored, the inconsistant velocity is very likely due to the cheap paint.

Paint which is out of round seals differently in the barrel each time and so has more or less friction and sometimes allows air to escape around it and sometimes not. This results in very bad consistancy.

manike

Approx. 5 minutes 2.0 Carrier, 2 shims, long spring

Emag WF Left, 68/45 Flatline, 12" AA Freak

-Efficiency

A little worse, not very noticible with the 4500

0/0- 4yo RPS, RPS Advantage Premiums, Diablo Inferno + Blaze, Brass Eagle, Zap Chronic

Didn't know I had to turn up the velocity to get it to cycle.

I have no reason to carry a squeegee anymore.

-Other general comments

Reduced recoil is very useful and the shot groups seen much tighter.
    O FLAGPULL O

Cincinnati All-Stars

Installation has taken me a while due to insufficient velocity, To date I am still not shooting above 245

The bolt is in a Minimag, serial number 1321, so... kinda old

I have had a few breaks down the barrel, one chop. Paint used has been 6 month old RP All Star (open in the garage that whole time), Hellfire, and Severe Terra

I have been having issues with velocity.

Today was quite probably the best day of paintball I have ever had, Everyone on the field was in awe of a 9 year old mag
    minimag #1321

Xmag #267

Banzai, if you have an old mag then you may well need a new reg piston with a higher relief pressure limit. I take it you are not getting velocity because it starts to vent out the back if you turn it up too high? a new reg piston should sort this out.

manike

listen to manike

Hes knows what hes talking about, I had the same problem but talked to AGD and they sent me a new piston and it cured the problem. You may want to get a new spring pack(I believe that is what it is called) also. Good luck
    GOD BLESS AMERICA!!

2 hours to install on ReTro Valve Hyper Mag.
    Number 2 carrier
    2 shims
    Short bolt spring.
    Same efficiency as the Level 7.
    1500 rounds of Severe Terra, no chops or breaks.
    D

Took about 45 minutes to install without a hitch.
    No. 2 Carrier
    2 Shims
    Medium Spring
    Chrono'd at 280
    Didn't notice a drop in efficiency.
    Around 1000 rounds fired not one ball break.
    Using Cobra Eggs, Point Blanks, and All Stars.

Only time I had to clean my barrel is when I fired with my barrel condem on. Other than that, I faned the hell out of it which usually meant major choppage in the past. Not a one! A friend installed his on his micromag, started to fan without his hopper turned on, no chops.

Another surprise was that my RT started to go reactive last night and it was an awesome feeling to lay down a constant stream of paint. Again, no chops or breaks.

The confidence that I have in my gun now allows me to focus more on the game rather than the operation of my gun.

Gotta love the Level 10 baby!!
    "I just came for your mayonaise." ~ TooDamnSweet
    My Buyer/Trader Feedback
    Paintball's Best Photo Gallery: Jayloo.com
    My Jayloo Photos

Bad_Knees Guest

Thumbs up Ahhh...Bliss!

Took about 10 minutes to install and 45 to tune.
    No. 2 Carrier
    2 Shims
    The spring that has one end cut
    no foamie
    Chrono'd at 273
    Didn't notice a drop in efficiency.
    Around 1000 rounds fired not one ball break.
    Using Cobra Eggs, Point Blanks, and All Stars.

As the friend with micromag (mentioned in Gibby's post), I had absolutely no chops and enjoyed hammering the trigger. The RT valve responded well and the trigger has a nice crisp feeling to it.

No more short stroking...no more breaks anywhere! It was a great squeegee-less night! Showed the people on the field what Level 10 could do, it definitely changed their views on Mags for good!

I installed mine today:
    1 p/f left no star valve # cf30046, reinstalled stock grip for setup and run in. I will be reinstalling the ELCD after I'm satisfied that everything is correct.

2 Install time= 15 min. Using fast install guidelines, I assembled the valve using #2 carrier and cut spring and proceded to wear in o-ring accordingly. Running with 1.5 carrier, 2 shims and long spring.

3 I did the dry firing bolt test first using an old staightshot squeege. Then I tried the the dollar bill test with one of the most beatup 5 dollar bills I could find, you can see light through it, and it worked. "I'll post the pics Deb took if I can figure out how the get the file attachment to work".

4 Paint is fresh Draxus Blaze, 1 and 2 bounces off the paint.

5 chrony speed 278 284 284 286 282 279 280

6 I put about 800 paint balls through the with no breaks in either bolt or barrel. Twice I noticed a hiss in the bolt area, but a cycle of the marker cleared it. This I attribute to leaving the carrier to bolt fit on the loose side, I won't put a tighter one in until I have to.
    I also demonstrated it to some cocker, shocker, angel, and even a black dragon owner. There was also a Retro equipped Mini Mag owner there. Although he doesn't have a chopping problem, he was interested in the insurance and light kick.
    My over all thought on this, is that it's an excellent upgrade for the mag. KEV
    Last edited by kevdupuis; 08-04-2002 at 07:36 PM.
    Flying the unfriendly skies.

LVX

Pretty quick... Install in 2 mins. 1.5 carrier, no shims, stock spring. Cranked it up and hit 272-278 all day no breaks. I did have one problem though... I found out that I'm not very good shooting left handed. I got so used to my warp that I'd just tilt the mag over and score eliminations. Gotta love LVX though.. Even had 2 people stick their fingers in there. No blowback what-so-ever and since I have a Center Feed Minimag you can understand why that would be a problem.

C/F Minimag
    Hyperframe
    Freak
    Kapp DZ2
    88ci 4500psi
    Ricochet
    Man does this thing hum!

1_BAD_TAZ Guest

Smile FINALLY

Over the past few weeks I have been posting for help trying to get my old autorespose to work right with LVL 10 and I finally got it. This past weekend I was playing at my local field and I went up agianst a cocker and a auto spyder the mag with the auto response can keep up. So far I have put over 5000 rounds through with the LVL 10 and have only had 1 break and that was in the barrel not the LVL 10's fault. I can not say enough good things about this. The only down side is my brother wants to get a LVL 10 on his and when he does he wants his auto response back .