Thread: Classifieds Forum Rules

Classifieds Forum Rules

Do not disrupt/interfere with AOers trying to make trades.

Please be respectful - Serious inquiries only.

No Raffles. Charities may ask permission before doing so. And then rafffles will be conducted on thier own site. And AO will take no responsibility for thier outcome or actions. But "may" allow promotion of Charity items on several forums. Please ask first.
    Last edited by cphilip; 11-06-2004 at 12:40 PM.

I always thought that it would be nice if people deleted their post once their item sold. How many times have you been interested in something only to scroll down 50 posts to find that it has already been sold. It would make buying off this board MUCH easier.

Phil

They could go back and edit their first post to say. I actually like to go through, and see who is offering their gun for trades, it lets you know who is interested in trading, and you might want what they have. Thats how I got my E-Mag.

SOLD

Si there a rule about how many UP's or Bump's a day?

Usually one a day is enough.

I wish some people would follow this rule....Alot of people are dissing the guns, gear, ect lately

Why can't everyone just get along?

Originally posted by Phil
    I always thought that it would be nice if people deleted their post once their item sold. How many times have you been interested in something only to scroll down 50 posts to find that it has already been sold. It would make buying off this board MUCH easier.

Phil
    I'd like to have a record of it.
    But I know what you mean, you just have to put SOLD in the first post
    Hey
    AIM: FalconGuy016
    BANG!!!

I think you should make them list a price....even if it is high. At least we would have some idea how much they are looking to get and not get into a bidding war.
    Thanks
    dcb <><
    John 14:6
    CPPA #1092
    SCP #85
    Camo Talon
    Feedback http://munkies.net/ppig/viewtopic.php?t=2428

coyote Guest
    This seems like common sense, but how about 1 for sale thread. I just logged on and a new member has 3 up at the top for the same marker.

Discussion Allowed?

I just realized that I banter with people a little bit about the marker for sale...

How much is too much?

I assume question specifically about the marker are OK, but what about things like "where did you get that done"?

Send em a PM? Uh-oh... Answered my own post I just did.

Laters,

Ricker

talked like yoda you just did.

a suggestion i have is that a a rule be made that a price must be posted. that eliminates all the lowballing and things. if people say make an offer then that results in a lot of people making rediculous offers. and people getting outbid for something they thought they had. i mean if you want people to fight over it take it to ebay.
    level 7 pf automag
    aci gas-thru foregrip
    benchmark vertical adapter
    armson stealth 13"
    benchmark double trig frame
    47ci flatline
    12v xboard revvy

I don't know if this is the right place to ask this and I'm new to the forum, but: what is an "up" and a "bump"

An up or bump is a post in which a perosn makes to "up" or "bump" his thread to the top of the list. This is because the thread with the most recent post is at the top of the list.

Definitely post a price. That way there's not 50 posts asking "How much" and 50 replies of "PM'd you".

Quote Originally Posted by magman#1
    a suggestion i have is that a a rule be made that a price must be posted. that eliminates all the lowballing and things. if people say make an offer then that results in a lot of people making rediculous offers. and people getting outbid for something they thought they had. i mean if you want people to fight over it take it to ebay.

Paintchucker Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by magman#1

Haggling over price is half the fun of trading... Besides it is better to haggle with Friends here on AO than strangers on Ebay.

On the UP messages, our mothers should have taught us to clean up... When you add a new up message, delete the old ones. You are only hurting yourself by having 4 pages of replies that are only your UPs...

Ebay

would it be possible to do something about people just coming onto the site to just post a link of what they got on ebay? Arent we to do the business on this site? its something that bothers me and probably many others here.
    -Chris
    my feedback:
    AO Feedback
    Ebay Feedback

What I know!!

Find them and kill them

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Nearchos
    would it be possible to do something about people just coming onto the site to just post a link of what they got on ebay? Arent we to do the business on this site? its something that bothers me and probably many others here.
    -Chris
    I think we should not allow them to live for doing that.

Quote Originally Posted by going_home
    I think we should not allow them to live for doing that.
    Sounds fair.

Is a "highest bidder by such and such date, gets the item" thread allowed?

Many thanks
    Bolter
    Storm Uk

Quote Originally Posted by Bolter
    Is a "highest bidder by such and such date, gets the item" thread allowed?

Many thanks
    NO

#10. No bidding, see Rule #2. This is NOT an Auction style listing section, if you want that then use an Auction site to buy your items.

Thats cool, at least I asked, as I wasnt sure.

Many thanks.

Offers vs auction

If willing to accept offers how does one keep the thread from becoming an auction? Is it acceptable to take offers via private message? Are offers permitted within the post's thread?

Are "or best offer" (OBO) listings allowed, where a price is listed but offers still accepted?