Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: AO Day II: Lvl-10 Bust-Out Party (NJ/NY/PA)

Riotz Guest

Thumbs up AO Day II: Lvl-10 Bust-Out Party (NJ/NY/PA)

(Thanks to Thordic for writing this up)

0 Days Left!

*** OFFICIAL RELEASE ***

That's right, coming soon, as promised, is the OFFICIAL AGD Level 10 Release Party in Northern New Jersey! Sponsored by Airgun Designs, Paintballistix, Kickin' Paintballs, Richochet Development LLC(the makers of Richochet loaders), PowerLyte Paintball Game Products, JT USA Paintball, and Planet Eclipse. This event will take place on July 13th, 2002 at PBX Battlegroundz , a new field owned and operated by Mel Maravilla of Paintballistix, the well-known pro shop in Jersey City, NJ.

Details are as follows:

Paint Prices :
    Thanks to our sponsors Kickin' Paintballs, and Paintballistix, paint for this event is VERY affordable. Field paint will be available for $48 a case, while a higher-grade tournament paint will be available for $65 a case. These numbers are the upper limit of the cost, prices may actually decrease between now and the time of the event. (Note: These are special lowered Level 10 Release Party Prices and do not reflect standard pricing at PBX Battlegroundz) All MAJOR credit cards will be accepted.

Field Pass / HPA / CO2 / Rentals Pricing/Availability :
    The cost to play at this event is Five Dollars! This is simply to help PBX cover the cost of insurance and cleanup. HPA fills will be free all day to pre-registered AO members. If you send Riotz a Private Message between now and the time of the event stating that you are pre-registering for the Level 10 Release Party, he can add you to the free air list to be given to Mel. Non-preregistered players can purchase an air pass for $5. See the bottom of this post for more information on pre-registration. CO2 will be available, pricing is yet to be determined, CO2 refill prices will nominal (just to cover costs). Rentals will NOT be available at this time. If you know someone who wants to come but doesn't have a gun or if you have a gun you would like to lend, post here so we can find one to lend them.

Field Location :
    PBX Battlegroundz is located in Sussex, NJ. Directions to the field can be obtained here.Sussex is only 60 miles from New York City, in Northern New Jersey.

Available Lodging :
    There are many hotels close to the event. Sussex Motel (973-875-4191) is 3 miles away, and rooms are $65+ tax per night for a 4 person
    room. Something I noticed is a lot of 'hotels' you find on the 'Net in the area are actually boarding houses, if I find any other real hotels/motels I'll post their information as well. Also, camping on site MAY be available, but at this point it is not certain if there will be room.

Special Guests :
    What would an event be without special guests? The first guest is AO's very own CaPoEiRa! As some of you may know, Clare (Capoeira) is now the AGD spokesmodel. AGD is shipping her by overnight FedEx up for the event! Jon Comprado, everyone's favorite AGD tech will also be there, with bells on! (I'll even supply the bells! ) Another great pair of guests is Bill and Dawn Mills, operators of WARPIG and PIGtv, who should be stopping in to make an appearance. The famous Tunaman will also be there, playing all day. We are also trying to get Paintball2Extremes magazine to send someone out to cover the event. Also, Cphilip himself, AO's most venerable moderator, edited July 10th...He will be there! Paintballistix is also working on asking other special guests if they can attend. If we get any more news on guests, it will be posted. And of course, the guest of honor, AGD's Level 10 Upgrade will be present!

Level 10 Information:
    The Level 10 Upgrade will be demonstrated by Jon Comprado at this event. There will be also be Level 10 Upgrade Kits available for sale from Paintballistix! I'm sure Jon has tons of stuff in mind to wow us with when he gives the demonstration.

Food and Drink :
    At this time, Black Cell is once again planning to sponsor a BBQ, providing hamburgers and hot dogs for everyone on Saturday night. If the event grows to immense proportions, we may ask for some small donations to cover the costs depending on the volume of players we need to feed. The event is BYOB, if you want anything to drink, feel free to bring it to enjoy on Saturday night at the BBQ.

-----
    BYOB RULES: (bring your own beer)
    1. YOU MUST BE OVER 21 to drink
    2. YOU MUST BE OVER 21 to drink
    3. No drinking until your gun is retired. If you have a beer in your hand, your gun better be de-gassed and put away.
    4. No one gets drunk. This isn't a frat party, its an AO get together. Be mature, and represent yourselves as intelligent adults.

(If it becomes a problem, NO alcohol will be allowed. Sorry)
    -----

Types of Games :
    At this point, it is totally dependant upon how many people show up, and what types of games they want to play. If we see enough people willing to come out and party with us, we could work up some big-game aspects (150+ players or so). Right now, we have Sup Air, Hyperball, and woods fields that will handle two teams of 30. There will be mini-tournaments throughout the day for those interested. Prizes will be awarded and a small entry fee. Mags only. Prizes and prices will be announced. We will start the day sometime around 9 AM. Rain or Shine

Prizes / Giveaways:
    At this time, there will be giveaways of Richochet Loaders and a variety of PowerLyte products at the end of the day. JT USA has donated some Proteus masks and Planet Eclipse has donated some Jackel packs to be given away. Shartley has graciously donated 2 AO signature images and a set of Custom Carved 45 Grips for this event. The grips and the images will be awarded the day of the event, the signature images will be made afterwards. I also heard there will be some Nija stickers there... More prizes may be announced, so stay tuned!

We'd like to take a moment to once again thank our sponsors, AGD, Paintballistix, Kickin' Paintballs, Ennis Rushton of Richochet Development, LLC, Paul Fernandez of Powerlyte Paintball Game Products, JT USA and Planet Eclipse! It's because of their generosity that we can have amazing events like this.

If you have any questions, feel free to post them here, or email Thordic or Riotz. Remember to pre-register so we know how much food to bring and who gets free air passes!

Pre-registration Information:
    We STRONGLY encourage you to pre-register for this event. Not only will pre-registration get you a free air pass, but it allows us to plan ahead for food for the BBQ and other things. To pre-register, please do the following:

Send Riotz a Private Message or Email confirming your attendance, and list your AO Nickname, your Real Name, your E-Mail address, and the number of guests you will be bringing with you (Please have them register on AO), if any. Once you pre-register, please post here saying you are signed up so everyone can see how many people are showing up!

List of Confirmed Attendees:

CaPoEiRa
    AGDJon
    cphilip (+1 guest)
    Tunaman
    Tuna Jr
    Thordic
    spacemanspiff
    Riotz (+1 guest)
    Kaiser_Bob
    SprayingMango
    marneus53
    Surfer349 (+2 guests)
    SSJ4-----Goku
    oldsoldier
    govnamac
    MagDog68
    Wc Keep
    Patron God of Pirates (+1 guest)
    Blazingace (+1 guests)
    rpm07
    MantisMag
    PsychoMag (+5 guests)
    Polishpickles451
    Mild 7 (+11 guests)
    XPK
    FreshmanBob (+1 guest)
    1stdeadeye
    Fnilsen
    845 (+2 guests)
    TheBigRaguPB4L
    Fatman (+1 guest)
    Rahman (+2 guests)
    SSJ4_Goku (+1 guest)
    JEDI (+4 guests)
    Farlow
    SHAG (+1 guest)
    Bigzamboni (+2 guests)
    Siayajin
    graycie
    ThunderCock (+1 guest)
    zerokid
    chomp141 (+2 guests)
    DEX
    PBCHPR
    ogre55 (+4 guests)
    straightshot
    Last edited by Riotz; 07-13-2002 at 05:30 AM.

Sounds absolutely great. I'm crossing my fingers right now and heading over to mapquest and hoping its under 3 hours from boston....please please please

Anyhow, whether I make the hike or not, have a GREAT TIME, and it seems like it has the makings for a great day of ballin.
    My Feedback

"Game...Blouses"

uh....big ouch.

Total Distance: 241.22 miles Total Estimated Time: 4 hours, 19 minutes

Anyhow, MAYBE just maybe i could get a few friends to come. Anyhow, will there be rental guns too? I've got my level 10 mag and a cocker someone can use, but i wouldnt do this unless i got like 5 kids together to share gas and driving and maybe hotel for the night.

Anyhow, i hope you guys have fun but I think I'll have to sit this one out

yeah.. well.. try this on for size:
    "Distance: 1641.0 miles Approximate Travel Time: 35 hours 46 mins"

maybe if i leave TODAY!.. heheh
    ColinMoritz

Chord, Chord V2, Dallara, Karta, current project: (coming soon)

Originally posted by Mossman
    uh....big ouch.

Anyhow, MAYBE just maybe i could get a few friends to come. Anyhow, will there be rental guns too? I've got my level 10 mag and a cocker someone can use, but i wouldnt do this unless i got like 5 kids together to share gas and driving and maybe hotel for the night.

Anyhow, i hope you guys have fun but I think I'll have to sit this one out
    Bah, they alwayes overestimate the times. As long as you dont get caught in the traffic in RI and again in New Haven, youre looking at 3-3.5 hours max unless you drive like a granny. Anyways, there are people coming from SC(maybe) Florida and Austin! You got it light buddy.
    Quote of the year: "Reading blwos"

As little as 10 cents a day and you can buy my family out of slavery... Hurry before its too late!

FreshmanBob Guest
    5 bucks to play an 48 bucks a case!

HELL YES I"M COMMIN!

WORD....a bunch of friends just woke up and the recruiting party has begun!

if I wasn't goin to Oregon during the 12-19 I would talk my dad into letting us go up there for my birthdat present(its July 14) well have fun everyone
    Black Warp Left E-mag #EM00163
    emagnum board
    14in freak
    12v smoke warp w/ interlink
    drilled 12v revy w/ JMJ impeller and WAS turbo rev board
    shocktech drop
    AGD flatline dovetail adaptor
    68 3000 flatline

***soon to be***
    emagnum body rail
    black powder coat
    custom grips from Frymarker

anyone know how long it would take to get there from central FL(largo)???

this sounds like fun

i didnt use mapquest because im lazy,u people should know that

Riotz Guest
    Originally posted by Jonno06
    anyone know how long it would take to get there from central FL(largo)???
    Maybe 3 hours... by plane

and maybe 30 hours by car

Decisions, Decisions....

I was planning on going to Skirmish that weekend for their D-Day scenario... I didn't pre-pay yet, so I still have time to think...

Convince me as to why I should go to this...
    [insert yet to be made Stewie from Familyguy sig pic.. use him and I will be sad]

Feedback thread: http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?s=0d76afaf5a78b6f79cf2977376a4c191&threadid=177222

Good Traders/sellers/buyers: ß.C., Dansim, yllwsmrf, Cris8762, Mossman,

From PBnation: Philthismax, Eniac101, Devilstar2k2

ThePatriot Guest
    Yo Jonno...you dont want to know. I drove down from one hour north of NYC down to Palm beach, florida is a ***** and a half. It takes forever to get out of Florida/enter it and get to palm beach. It would take about 2 days to get up there, and you will be bored out of your mind, the trip is grueling.

Oh, and i dont know what you people are talking about....4 hours from boston to Jersey? I dunno but i was an hour north of NYC and it took us 3 hours to get to boston, so the way im counting it, more like 5 hours, and thats not counting mad traffic.

hey everyone,

i am bringing a buddy who's never palyed before and doesnt have any equipment. so does anyone have an extra gun that I could get for him to barrow? We can pay if nescessary.
    soon to come:
    minimag w/ intelliframe
    warp
    12v X-board
    2002 AA 12''
    SystemX X10 On/Off Drop
    TKO Gas Through

Originally posted by ThePatriot

Oh, and i dont know what you people are talking about....4 hours from boston to Jersey? I dunno but i was an hour north of NYC and it took us 3 hours to get to boston, so the way im counting it, more like 5 hours, and thats not counting mad traffic.

Actually Sussex is North and at most a half hour west from NYC

agdjon Guest
    sSome People should have extra guns to use. I think I will have like 2-3extra guns with me :-)

Originally posted by agdjon
    sSome People should have extra guns to use. I think I will have like 2-3extra guns with me :-)
    Hey Jon, can you bring an extra emag battery for me? Mine seems to run out especially fast lately.

Riotz Guest

Rentals & Loaners

I believe Thordic and someone else is going to try to organize it so everyone has a gun/equipment. So, please post here or PM him if you have extras you would like to lend out or if you need equipment.

In the back seat of your truck with duct tape stretched out..
    Central Florida to NJ is about 16 hours of driving at 75-80 mph. I drove from DC down to N Deerfield Beach about 20 miles south of Ft Lauderdale and it took me 15 and a half hours. I was thinking about driving up from Jacksonville for this one but I don't have the cash nor the Tag-along's to get there. I don't wanna make a 12 hour trip b myself again.. its extremely boring.

Also My birthday is July14th.. wonder if I could get a nice little birthday present?
    Last edited by FrAuStY; 06-24-2002 at 11:51 AM.

Wc Keep Guest
    alright i know that the paint is going to be kickin paint but ive never used this and was wondering what size barrels i should bring?

Who needs guns?

Lend a Gun, Borrow a Gun!!

Ok, here is one of the problems. Because Battlegroundz is a brand new field that isn't really open to the public yet, there aren't really any rentals available.

Which means that anyone coming who does NOT have equipment has to be taken care of by the good will of fellow AO members.

I'm going to try to take on the task of making sure everyone has a marker to play with.

If you have extra markers, and are willing to lend them to someone, please let me know how many you have and what type they are. People need to borrow masks, harnesses, tanks, hoppers, etc, so be aware of that too. An extra marker can't be used without a tank and harness.

It doesn't matter if its a Talon, its something someone can have fun with!

If you NEED a gun, or you know someone who can only come if they are lent a gun, let me know too!

I'm going to do my best to make sure EVERYONE who needs a gun gets one. All the details will be kept track of, so you shouldn't need to worry about losing anything.

Anyone lending or borrowing a gun, send me a PM with what you want to share/what you need to borrow. Include your FULL REAL NAME, your ADDRESS, and your PHONE NUMBER. I don't want to let people borrow other peoples things unless I have a way to track that person down afterwards. This list is only going to AO members who are planning the event, it is not being given to anyone who runs a mailing list or anything like that.

As for convincing you to come to the event, Brad, read the post! This is going to be a historic event for AO. Not just any meet, but a sponsored meet, with well-known guests, prizes, special pricing, etc. This won't be something you want to miss.

And Boston to NYC is around 4 hours, with normal traffic. You can make it in three hours or so if the traffic is light and you push the speed limit a tad, or it can be a 5-6 hour trip if you leave anywhere near rush hour. I'd love for everyone to show up, Mossman, so if you can come, get down here!

Thumbs up I'm There

Count me in! I'll try to bring some extra equipment, but I am in the process of selling almost everything I own! If I still have any extra guns, I will bring them!

~Fred
    www.stupidace.com
    GOOD TRADERS: Tunaman, RogueFactor, ah137, Squeegeekid, Thelar, WebShock

Approximately 2 hours 30 minutes less driving time(round trip):
    More Sleep, gas saved, less begging of parents. Also enables friends to be taken.

$54 saved on admission and air, $40 saved on paint (per case)
    Easier on my Job-less(at the moment) self, and More Paint!

Being able to go home and shower at the end of the day...
    Convinces me to go to the AO Meet.

My friends don't have 'Mags, as they are newer players, I'm sure they will be accepted, and maybe even converted.

As for lending guns, if my brother doesn't go, I will most likely be able to lend someone his M98. I also have a few co2 tanks, 9's and 12s, and I think 1 20. A couple Masks, and pods, if someone lends a pod-less harness.

P.S. I just ordered a level 10 upgrade, and a HRPF for my RT 10 minutes ago.. I hope it arrives in time. Is the delay still 2 weeks on Level 10's?
    Last edited by Bigzamboni; 06-24-2002 at 03:48 PM.

uh....big ouch.
    if I were within 15 hours of NJ I wouldnt even think about going, I'd just make the drive however, my drive would be more like 40 hours....

I'll try

At 2 hrs 20 mins I dont really have an excuse. I'll see if I can get some friends together. If i can come I should at least 1 extra setup and a extra gun and tank.

"event is BYOB" byob? bring your own booze?

lol i wish i could go but its hard for a 15 year old with uptight parents to go anywhere(even if someone could bring me they would say no)

Riotz Guest
    I live in Somerville, it's about 2 hours from me. I think I'm going, let me check my calendar. YUP! I'll be there =]

Not to mention, AGDJon is driving in from Chicago, cphilip from SC, CaPoEiRa is flying in from Texas, and people all over the east coast are coming.

Riotz Guest
    Originally posted by FutureMagOwner
    "event is BYOB" byob? bring your own booze?

lol i wish i could go but its hard for a 15 year old with uptight parents to go anywhere(even if someone could bring me they would say no)
    FutureMagOwner: The drinking situation is going to be monitored VERY CAREFULLY. NO ONE underage is going to be drinking any alcohol. You and your parents should not have anything to worry about. The drinking won't start till AFTER the playing is over. To make sure everything is safe.

Most events serve alcohol, Major League Baseball games, NBA games, etc.

If your parents need to talk to someone. I would be willing to assure them everything will be in order.

At the last AO meet, people over 21 were invited to bring beer for the BBQ.

If its going to be a problem, we'll easily make it a dry event. I have no problems with that.

On the other hand, so long as people act like adults, theres no reason why anyone over 21 can't have a beer or two with the food.

The only rules I have personally are anyone with a beer has to be over 21. If I see anyone under 21 with a beer, I will be severely put out and there will be issues. And a 14 year old waving a fake ID won't cut it, I used to make fake IDs, I know how to spot them. Second, no drinking until your gun is retired for the evening. If you have a beer in your hand, your gun better be degassed and put away. Third, no one gets drunk. This isn't a frat party, its an AO get together. Be mature, and represent yourselves as intelligent adults.

I just wanted to reply to that before it became an issue to anyone. Beer is ok, cider is ok, smirnoff ice is ok. Anything that comes in 750 mL bottles is not allowed. Use some judgement.

From my experiences AOers are generally a rather mature group, so I don't expect any problems. Just a good time!

Added on edit: Riotz and myself may be doing a lot of the planning, but Mel owns the field. His word is law, and if at any point he says no beer, then there will be no beer.

How far is it form Philadelphia? I might think about going.

Happy 16th to me!