Thread: Shot count on a 45/45 N2 tank?

Shot count on a 45/45 N2 tank?

Ok i've been searching around for a 45/45 tank and i've found that on paintballgear.com the java 45/45 is supposed to get "close to 500 shots on a full fill", but on the same website the PMI Pure Energy 45/45 gets 800 shots with a full fill, and then on shop4paintball.com the same PMI Pure Energy 45/45 (although the pictures vary slightly) says that it gets 1200 shots per fill. So WTF is going on i mean can u really have a 700 shots per fill difference on the same size tank? If anyone could help me out by telling me which number is correct. Somebody has got thier facts wrong.

Metal kids have more fun!!

Atleast wipers are good for something........target practice.

-=Proud 04 Shocker Owner=-

::::::Punishers Paintball::::::

Well... the generally accepted numbers are that mags get 10 shots per cubic inch at 3000 psi and 15 shots at 4500. Now these are grossly rounded averages, but can be used as a starting point to determine around how many shots you can expect out of your tank. The guy that said almost 500 probably ment on the 3000psi version of the tank. Almost 700 should be about accurate. Of course, there are many things your can do to affect the gas efficiency of your marker. Tom K tells us from his pet gun dyno that 11 inches effective length of a barrel is the most efficient for the mag. This means that the barrel (naturally with a good fitting paint) with 11" of stright tube before any porting the barrel might have would get the greatest number of shots out of the tank. Other factors are involved such as FPS and such, but you should expect around 700 shots out of the 45/45 at 280-300 fps.

Example: mt 114/4500 gets about 1750 shots on it. And 114*15=1710. So, at least for me, the numbers seem to be reasonably accurate.

Hope that helps.

-Mike

Talking thanx for the quick reply

thanx for the quick reply. 1200 shots on a 45/45 those lying sons of a *****es. im gonna write a very angry letter to them today.