Thread: rt or normal?

rt or normal?

my next 2 upgrades are going to be an rt valve and an intelliframe but i have a question. obviouslly im goin rt first becuase if i got an intelli it would be normal and then not fit the rt maybe but anyway suppose i got the rt and then what type or intelli would i have to use normal or rt?
    Chromed Y-Mag

RT frames are for guns that were manufactured as original RT's. You have a minimag body, so whether or not you have a Retro valve, you still use the standard frame.
    2k2 VF Cocker, STO/Eclipse Blade, Old-Style 14" Boomstick,
    68AutoMag Classic Feed CF11023, Ring trigger.

Intelliframe-

Im guessing you were looking at the online store at AGD? The wording is a little funny on the site, so ill try to clear it up for you
    Original RT's (the GUNS themselves) have a different valve, i bleieve its smaller, as well as an altered body. An intelliframe that would fit an original RT will not fit a 68 classic, or a minimag. Special intelliframes were made for the original RTs.
    A retro valve (which is what you are thinking about getting) will fit ALL minimgas and ALL 68 classics. An intelliframe that is not made for an Original RT gun will fit ALL minimags and 68 classics. It wont matter which one you get first, they are compatible with each other.
    Just remember that when you are ordering, dont get confused by the "RT" option...it is for original RT's only.

I hope this helped.

That's a lil misleading. As far as the frame is concerned the only difference between a RT and anything else is the size of the hole for the field strip screw/banjo bolt. For the RTs it's larger to allow the Banjo bolt to go in there. If you pickup a RT frame and want to put it on a non RT mag, you just need a lil spacer that AGD will send you for free.

The rest is correct tho. If you are getting a ReTro, it does not change the grip frame in any way. It's just the original RT (not RT Pros) that had the gss through Banjo Bolt that require a larger hole.

Red face oh the shame!

Sorry if i was confusing. Hexis is right, its the field strip pin that is different, not the valve. (although the valve does have small changes in order to incorperate this screw) :P hehehe

No, you were correct, the valve is different. Much different. I was just saying as far as the grip frame is concerned the only dif was...

If folks care teh RT valve is a slightly smaller diameter, has a different retention pin, and fits into a different main body.