Thread: Jazz Fans??? - - no not basketball

Jazz Fans??? - - no not basketball

ok well i got a question

anybody like jazz?

im a big fan of jazz and have about a million mp3's from kazaa and such, but i am sure ive missed a bunch of good ones, so if you could, please post what you like or what i should look for

btw, im a BIG maynard fan

thanks
    Cliff
    AO MEMBER# 2967
    No Limit
    check out these killers...
    NFeel The JoyN

dont mind this post

Have you checked out Norah Jones? She's, in my mind, the best new jazz vocalist several years. She's like a modern day Nina Simone or Billy Holiday. Plus she plays a great piano.
    "Relax. Don't worry. Have a Home Brew."
    -Charlie Papazian

Feedback: https://www.automags.org/forums/showt...threadid=40134

Manteca's pretty cool, but John Coltrane is a God. Jethro Tull's latest is very jazz as well.
    2k2 VF Cocker, STO/Eclipse Blade, Old-Style 14" Boomstick,
    68AutoMag Classic Feed CF11023, Ring trigger.

man i LOVE jazz music, i play the tenor saxophone myself and play in a local jazz band

Jazz is great!!

Jazz is great, a lot of history behind it. Fun to learn about.

I play in a jazz band at school, plus Maynard's gonna play at our school in like september or october.
    http://www.digitalpaintball.net - I love this game!

Chrome adds around 4 bps to any gun.

that would be soo pimp, i just saw that he is gonna be in central illinois in october, im soo gonna go

Cliff

i made the honor band in my part of the state (GA) and last night we opened for the Atlanta Symphony, and we got to stay and hear them play for free (versus paying 1,000 bucks a table ) and all i have to say is WOW that was the first time i've heard an orchestra of that caliber play live... and they played

i also met my state senator and talked to him, and somewhere in the conversation paintball came up and i explained to him what paintball really is compared to his thoughts of vandalism, he was impressed that thier was a whole paintball league and such, so i guess this is another small step foward for paintball kind!!!

i know it's not jazz but i just felt like saying that (maybe i should have started a new thread)

I LOOOOVE jazz. I used to play jazz and blues piano, until I quit to play guitar. I listen to mostly the old classics, Trane, Miles, Monk, etc. I do listen to some new stuff, though. Find some Christian McBride. I have his CD "A Family Affair". I've been meaning to see him live for the past few years, but havn't gotten around to it yet.
    GOOD TRADERS - Tunaman, tysonmachado, DanielGleason, BigBoy005, jimmyjobob, miniMAGster, paintballpapa, ChucktheMAGician, CLeatus, Doc Nickel, pbdeluca, ClassicMagger, Dueydog
    My Feedback Thread

Isn't the Atlanta Symphony one of the best in the nation? I am a bass player, so I have alot of respect for jazz.

yes the Atlanta Symphony has won 18 grammys i believe, i'm still amazed at how well they sounded

and lets not forget that i educated my states senator about paintball!!

(PS although it is a different style, the bass players in the symphony really know thier stuff to )

Re: Jazz Fans??? - - no not basketball

Originally posted by Cliffio
    btw, im a BIG maynard fan
    Hehe, now there's a trumpet player for you! I tend to be a little more of a fan of his older stuff, little more interesting lyrically. If you haven't heard it, check out "Dues" which (I believe) is the reissue name for the old LP "Color Him Wild". In particular, "Three More Foxes" which is one of the charts on there, is quite a kick.

Don Ellis, who plays on that chart is another favorite of mine who I've been listening to a bunch lately. I like most any of his stuff. "Autumn" is one of his best albums, but unfortunately its not been re-released. A few charts to look for would be "Indian lady" "Beat me daddy seven to the bar" "pussy wiggle stomp" but that's just scratching the surface.

Another Mayard alumnus who happens to be a particular favorite of mine is Bill Chase. If you like Maynard, most likely you'll like Chase. (Oddly enough, Maynard fired Chase b/c he couldn't play high well and wouldn't change to a better mouthpiece... which is quite ironic considering the high-note superstar Chase later became). There's good stuff of him as the driving force behind Woody Herman's band, but my favorite is his rock band "Chase" -- basically 4 screaming trumpets and a 70's electro-funkified rhythm section. Their self-titled album "Chase" is excellent. Another great track is "Superman" which is quite an arrangement of the superman theme.

Ah, well that's enough for now. And for any music lover out there who hasn't discovered it, allmusic.com is one of the most helpful websites in existence.

yea, the jazz is a good basketball team..they are my favorite.. jk...

u dont really care for that kind of music..i dont like rap and i dont like r&b i like sumthin right in between
    Someone took away my cool sig. *cough*mod*cough*