Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Level 10 "carriers that worked" list thread

carrier 2 (probably change to 1.5 after break-in)
    2 shims
    middle spring
    Greets Manuel
    .:| levelx retro z-minimag |:..:| spearhead #192 |:.
    .:| ---> looking for Flatline 4.5K or AA Apokalypse 2K <--- |:.

im out of air so it isnt quite working right yet but at the moment i have 1.5, 2 shims, and middle spring
    I chop no more thanks to level ten!

up she goes
    Level 10 Centerfeed polished Emag With J&J 2 peice.
    Level 7 Powerfeed left 68 Mag' With J&J ceramic barrel.

1.5 carrier
    3 shims
    med spring
    Great Traders - DiRTyBuNNy - midwikid - than205 - DropKick1 - jericoholics - personman - Siayajin - Remington - Jaymz
    My Feedback

My For Sale and Wanted Thread

Mini-mag

I used the 1 carrier, no shims and the shortest spring. I had the 1.5 carrier and it shot better, but it had a slight hiss. With 1 carrier I did have to turn up the velocity quite a bit to get it to function, but I have not chronographed it to see where I am at.

#2 carrier / 2 shims / middle spring.

Went through half a case. tried everything in the book to chop. runaway mode, fanning the trigger. nothing. This upgrade is unbelievable
    BEZERKERS
    ALL MAG SHOOTING TEAM

1.5 carrier, 2 shims, shortest spring.

I'm still tweeking, and will get a longer spring to work. But I just went through a half case of 0 bounce marb without a single break.

1.5 with medium spring and two shims.

#1 car. 1 shim, med. spring about 430psi input, shootin at 277 -2+2
    RT
    Ace'd Emag (sold)
    Xmag (sold)

1.5 carrier
    2 shims
    Medium spring

It didn't cut my finger off, woot!

-mike

Started with Carrier 2 and 2 shims now changed to 1.5 after 7000 shots and a slight barrel leak.

Paul.

Number 2 carrier, 2 shims, smallest spring. Although I had to take a little medal off the tip of the new bolt because it was too thick. I used an extremely fine grit tip on the dremel. Once finished I polished the whole bolt with the dremel and a cotton wheel wrapped in never-dul.

WANG Force!

Abandon All Hope

ok, rightnow i have in nubmer 1, 2 weeks ago, i had to putin .5 because of a small leak, and it stopped, but last weekend it didnt work so i had to put in 1

It's in!

I'm running #2 carrier with stock emag spring. (250fps) 4 shimms.

Sweet trigger, but I have an occational slight leak down the barrel. Have to try a smaller carrier...

[UPDATE!]
    I've gone with the 1.5 carrier, and the leaks are gone. This setup has worked between 250 and 275. (Haven't tried it at other velocities yet...)

I did notice a slight trigger speed decrease when I went to the smaller carrier, but it was negligable...
    Last edited by Strider; 08-13-2002 at 10:22 AM.

I've got a stock new emag...i've put the 2 carrier/ 2 shims/ and the longest spring following Miscue's video..so i'll be trying her out at the field this weekend to see how it holds true..i imagine i may have to move down to a smaller carrier..but oh well..

Just installed Level 10 in my RT Pro. Started out with the #2 carrier, 2 shims and longest spring following Miscues video. I had a slight leak down the barrel. Dropped in the 1.5 carrier with 2 shims and longest spring. No problems. I have a hand held rado chron and had no problems adjusting the velocity between 250 - 290. We'll see how shes shoots when my son runs her at Shatnerball.

1.0 carrier, 2 shims, middle spring.

I absolutley dont chop any balls anymore!!!

Update on what works.

I used the 1 carrier, no shims and the shortest spring. I had the 1.5 carrier and it shot better, but it had a slight hiss. With 1 carrier I did have to turn up the velocity quite a bit to get it to function, but I have not chronographed it to see where I am at.

For several weeks I was shooting my level 10 with all the old paintballs I hade with the above setup and everything was working fine. I played in a 3-man tournament on 8-3-02 and gassed up my gun and made a couple of dry fires, chrongraphed my gun and took a few practice shots on the target range.
    As soon as the ref blew the whistle I ran for the first bunker and popped around to snap a couple shots at an opponent. All I got was a slight hiss because the spring was too strong to drive the bolt forward. We played a team that was good and my team mates were eliminated. I was temped to grab a handful of paint and kamakazie slap it on the enemy as he ran by to hang the flag but I called myself out and went to the workbench and changed springs.
    I still run the 1.5 carrier but I went with the stock spring to make it function. Needless to say that first game set the mood for the rest of the tournament.

If we are still evolving and have evolved from monkeys, why are there no half monkeys/half humans around?
    www.tornadoalleypaintball.com

#1 carrier/longest spring/2 shims

Doesn't chop one bounce paint so I'll probably leave it there. Still trying to get it to bounce off a one dollar bill like in the video though, so things may change.

Nathan

Now on my fourth personal set up. And have assisted in five others. In all cases (but one) I am using 1.5 carrier, Two shims and middle spring. These are working fine after break in...In fact the last one I set up I just started with an oiled oring in a 1.5 rather than break in with a 2 and have to go down one carrier size later on. And that worked fine! Getting pretty darn good at these now!

The one that didn't? Ordering a new HP Piston as this old marker refused to set up with any combo without venting out the back. Then we shall start over with it. I am confident that will do it.

Originally posted by cphilip
    ...In all cases (but one) I am using 1.5 carrier, Two shims and middle spring.
    Interesting. I am also using the 1.5 carrier. The middle spring also worked, but I am using the longest spring because I can. However, I was unable to use 2 shims as it caused a leak.

Hey Hitech your starting to sound like me! - AGD
    Hitech is the man.... - Blennidae
    The only Hitech Lubricant

I started with a 2 carrier as well. Now I've had to switch to a 1.5 carrier after the o-ring got broke in.
    Except for the Automag in front, its usually the man behind the equipment that counts.

1.5, medium spring, 2 shims.

Like mentioned above, I can't imagine an oring being so anorexic to need anything more than a 3.

After some initial trouble just getting the carrier into the PT (carrier too wide to fit past the threads in the PT, had to *tap* it in with a mallet) 1.5 has been working beautifully. The longest spring prevented me from firing so I went down to the middle spring and with the velocity cranked almost all the way up it cycles and works perfect. It stopped and recocked itself about 5 times on one mishapin 2 year old zap ball without cracking the shell. Simply. Amazing.
    Electro user: WHAT!?! I got eliminated by a %@$*ing pump?

Size 1 with 2 shims and shortest spring. Valve vents with anything longer (sometimes vents even on shortest!)
    Superbolt

last two kits, very new productions, I ended up with .5 carriers working in them and also indicating a new batch of very large orings is in there.

For my E-Mag: Medium spring, #2 carrier, 2 shims, 850 preset tank. Had the 2.5 carrier work, but it was leaking down the barrel more often than not. Still feels a bit heavy on the bolt movement (used my finger, not brave enough for the tongue - besides, that powerfeed would be sure to entrap my tongue if there were any mechanical failure....) so I'm not quite through playing with it. Ran some old oval paint through it, stuttered now and then, but didn't chop a one!

"You actually expect me to play in a field of balloons?"

Now that I'm using retro, I was getting bolt stick with the size 1 carrier. Went to 1.5 with 2 shims (thanks Timmy!) and now it seems to shoot good again.

2.5 on my mini with stock valve, and 3 shims

Good Traders: SupaTravis, Joeyjoe367, biker, Zenwood, arabian ape, beefstew, timmy63, ah137, kilaueakid, Will Wood, Remington, DicksonDood23, CPhilip, Fritzy, Dirtybunny, LittlePaintballBoy, JadedT, ChucktheMAGician, TheFlamingKoosh, lgavin
    My Feedback Thread
    Out of the sport... missing it.

started with 1.5 carrier and went to 1.0 after about a case and a half.
    shortest spring.
    1 shim.

fallout11 Guest

My config

Final configuration for my old automag classic:
    1.5 carrier
    2 shims
    shortest (original) spring

Like others, I can't possibly forsee ever needing the 3.5 or 4.0 carrier, or for that matter even the 0.0 carrier. AGD might want to think about leaving them out of future Level 10 kits, and save themselves some machining and cost. Maybe substitute a couple more shims/spare orings in the kit instead, since folks seem to damage their shims fairly often.....