Thread: retro reactiveness

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Question retro reactiveness

I got my Retro Valve about 2 weeks ago and it isn't very "reactive." At first I thought it was good because it was shooting about 2-3 shots on every trigger pull, but I realized my field strip screw wasn't tight enough. I tightneded it and I had a stiff trigger that wasn't anywhere near as good as other retros Ive shot (I even used my friends adjustable tank on my retro.) I did a search saw stuff about a shorter on/off. Is that what I need? I have a classic powerfeed mag, with the stock body rail, and stock trigger frame, so the tolerences should be really good. How do I get the shorter on/off? Thanks for the help.
    Centerflag Hyperflow 201 For Sale!
    Good Traders: I <3 MAGS, Daroach, lovejtwo83, GlowinLCD, Kegaro, jodocast

I forgot to say the valve is clean and oiled.

Increase your input pressure.

Note that the ReTro will never be as reactive as an RT/RT Pro, because it comes with a longer on/off pin (So that it's less sensitive to tolerances).
    2k2 VF Cocker, STO/Eclipse Blade, Old-Style 14" Boomstick,
    68AutoMag Classic Feed CF11023, Ring trigger.

The Retro mag CAN be as reactive as the RT/RTP but either way, it is a malfunction of the gun. It was not made to operate like that and will void your warrentee. You will also dramatically shorten the life of your bolt,spring, and sear. It is also illeagel on most fields unless FA is allowed. Leave it set for one pull- one fire.

Retro Valve

I've had my retro valve for about a year now and keep my output pressure on my apocalypse set at 750psi and mine is pretty reactive. I have the eclipse body rail with a dye frame but I don't think that makes a difference. I also have a smaller power tube spacer. Can I get an on/off pin from a true RT valve and put it in my Retro to make it more reactive or will that mess up the valve? I'd like to do this if it's possibly cause it will only improve the gun.
    Good Traders:JoeyJoe367, Blazestorm213, RetardedRiceBowl, rsadich,PaInTbALL zAcH, jwyke. John Dresser, Xas, Darrikws,whydoineedausername

Splat Attack Revenge V2 LE FS

Conquest FS

Originally posted by mykroft
    Increase your input pressure.

Note that the ReTro will never be as reactive as an RT/RT Pro, because it comes with a longer on/off pin (So that it's less sensitive to tolerances).
    Thats what I'm saying, it isnt very reactive on my gun because I presume I have good tolerences. I read some other posts where people got shorter on/off pins to solve this problem and it worked. Is that what I need to do?

Havoc: I know its not supposed to shot more then one shot per pull, thats why I tightened my field strip screw and found the trigger to be stiff.

Retro

The trigger is going to be stiffer depending on your output pressure. The higher the output pressure the stiffer the trigger but it is going to be more reactive. Just wondering if anyone one has any sugestions about what to do with the retro's longer on/off pin. I wonder if you could sand the end down a bit. I don't think that it's that much longer than the RT's.

I know butterfingers sanded his down a little bit and it helped a lot. And I know other people had problems like mine and got a shorter on/off somehow.

up, can a tech or someone else that has had this problem respond please.