Thread: LVL 10 Superbolt ll is too wide

LVL 10 Superbolt ll is too wide

I finally received my beta lvl 10 upgrade,after I
    assembled the powertube,I put the bolt on and tried to
    install the valve.The valve wouldn't seat,I finally
    realized that the bolt wasn't going thru the washer inside
    the main body,my original bolt goes thru fine,but I couldn't
    get the superbolt II to go thru.It seems like there is a bit of a bulge on the tip of the bolt any suggestions would be appreciated.This is on my emag.
    E-Mag #00511 (12in Dye Alum)
    Clear Warp
    68/3000 AGD Flatline
    12V Rev-
    Minimag
    9v Rev
    68/3000 pre-set

The washer inside the mainbody that holds back the mainspring has a burr on it from long use. Use a round file and go in there and file the burr off and you should be fine.

AGD

OK,thx Tom.

and make sure the rail bushing is not sticking up . It must be flush with the rail to get the valve in.
    Email me for low prices on ALL AGD Products and more. tunaman5@verizon.net
    Tunamart

The what?

the rail bushing.....it's the small round metal tube looking thing that should fit snuggly in the rail and hang down a little bit. The part that hangs down should fit into the trigger frame. Then that field strip bolt screws through this.

Quote: MarkM
    "virus attacks have been dealt with, same with back door nasties. ."

My feed back

Originally posted by Thordic
    The what?
    indicates he was just joshin around hehe
    I like potatoes

lol...wheres shartley....

yea,i had that problem with the rail bushing before also....but if thats the case,why does his stock bolt fit?

Originally posted by Thordic
    The what?
    Anyone who knows Thordic knows he has been dying to make a Bushing Comment!

~Fred
    www.stupidace.com
    GOOD TRADERS: Tunaman, RogueFactor, ah137, Squeegeekid, Thelar, WebShock

are you guys still excepting beta testers or am I too late?

My LvL 10 top, or long nose part, actually had a larger diameter than the body of the bolt just after the braze joint. I didnt take a set of dial calipers to it, as I didnt have my set handy and wanted to get it in. I did take a straight edge to it and noticed the raised section of it.

Anyway, against what other people told me hehe, I took varying grades of sand paper and meticulously lapped the raised section out by hand, 360°. I tested it every so often in the mainbody, to make sure I stopped when it was perfect. I shot about 1.2k rounds of pmi premium last night without a hiccup or chop, and ripped a pod of E-paint, the store owner had on hand waiting for his lvl 10, through it too, all with the short spring.

I figured if anything went wrong it was a 65$ bolt vs a 120$ body. Plus my old bolt worked fine, so this one should've too. I love modifying stuff so had a good time fixing the bolt anyway hehe.

I dont have a lvl 10 yet but i had the same problem with 2 superbolts already. My first superbolt wouldnt go all the way through my body so i just figured it was a defect and sent it back. When the new one came it still wouldnt go through. I ended up just sanding it down and making it fit.
    RT Pro p/f
    68/3k Max Flow
    LX
    Blade Intelliframe
    12" All American S.S.

ok, this kinda sucks. i ordered lvl10 and i dont want any ghetto rigged products in my mag even if they are made by AGD. i also heard theres an issue in the bolt diameters in regular mags vs Xtreme and SFL mags. could this be why?? i think AGD should get on top of this cuz theres no reason there should be a need for sanding and taking a risk messing something up.
    My Trader Feedback

*AKA factory certified tech
    AIM: TonyG749
    EMAIL: TonyG749@hotmail.com

my level 10 bolt has a bulge and it works perfectly... im not touching it
    Quote of the year: "Reading blwos"

As little as 10 cents a day and you can buy my family out of slavery... Hurry before its too late!

Liberalism is a persistent vegatative state.
    Originally posted by CpSuPeRkId
    ok, this kinda sucks. i ordered lvl10 and i dont want any ghetto rigged products in my mag even if they are made by AGD. i also heard theres an issue in the bolt diameters in regular mags vs Xtreme and SFL mags. could this be why?? i think AGD should get on top of this cuz theres no reason there should be a need for sanding and taking a risk messing something up.
    You ever hear of BETA????

This is NOT PRODUCTION PEOPLE.

Originally posted by CpSuPeRkId
    You are about the most missinformed lvl 10 ignorant person on this board from what I can tell. I suggest you spend the rest of your time reading past threads on Lvl 10. Why in the world would you have even ordered one with you lack of knowledge? Sheesh...I am just astounded at your comments.

AGD, where we are so good we can do it with only ONE tube!

cphilip.com

I agree that was downright rude to just bust out with that comment. Use your head, think before you order.
    "If everything is under control your not moving fast enough."

I went in this knowing anything could happen, afterall it is beta, and any other beta I have participated in has had its flaws here and there. That is why it is not officially released and why it has a reduced price.

So what if mine was a little off, thats the machining industry for you. When your dealing within thousandths for fitment, anything can happen even during a production run (look at IBM's hard drives for example hehe). The bits could wear and then you could be out of spec, or when brazing, the heat could slightly warp the smaller peice being joined. If machining / manufacturing was always 100% why do we have nearly 10 different carriers? Plus this is supposed to go in varying types of guns, valves, and bodies that all have varying amounts of use and abuse. It took me about 30 or 40 minutes of carefull sanding with 80, 200, and 400 grit papers.

Ive had to do more work on lapping 60$ waterblocks that fit on my cpu. These things can come so uneven sometimes you risk a 200$ processor just putting it on because it wont sit on the die 100% and cant transfer heat fast enough and out comes the magic smoke Meanwhile the next guy can slap his on half-"you know", and its perfect.

Re: LVL 10 Superbolt ll is too wide

Originally posted by plaser
    I put the superbolt on and tried to install the valve. The valve wouldn't seat. I finally realized that the bolt wasn't going thru the washer inside the main body, my original bolt goes thru fine, but I couldn't get the superbolt II to go thru.
    I am having the same problem. I just bought my second LVL 10 kit for my RT. I started to set it up and I realized that the superbolt 2 will not go through my RT body. It gets stuck on the spacer inside the body. I tried my superbolt 2 from my emag and it would not work either. My original stock bolt goes through fine. I am assuming that there is either a size difference from body to body or there is a problem with the body. I see that Tom is saying that the body is burred, but I do not see any burrs in the body. I am going to take the bolt and body to work and see what I need to do to make this work.
    Jonathan Edwards-Captain,Damage Inc.
    2003 CPSA Novice Division Champions

Red/Black Fade Alais Intimidator
    Red Eblade GX3 Cocker-68/4500 AGD Flatline

Check My Feedback Here
    Visit Damage Inc's Home Field and Sponsor Fox Paintball
    Check Out Damage Inc's Team Website

Originally posted by Jonno06
    lol...wheres shartley....

yea,i had that problem with the rail bushing before also....but if thats the case,why does his stock bolt fit?
    Well... yes, this really should be in Tech, but noone cares about proper thread placement any more. And Lord knows I don't want to upset anyone's delicate feelings by mentioning it..... so, Where's Shartley? Just sitting here reading.

The neighbor's dog woke us up at 3:30 AGAIN, and we had to call the police AGAIN, and of course the times they drive by is when the dog is NOT howling (beagle)... and they say they can't do anything unless they hear it. That helps us out when he howls all damn night......

Time to start being a "not so nice" neighbor.... I have had it...............

(ADDED: LOL I just noticed they moved a “cocker ram” question to the AUTOMAGS- TECH forum, but they left the LX question here in Paintball Talk… LOLROF How ironic is that?)

www.ShartleyCustoms.com
    Custom Paintball Products and Accessories
    CLICK HERE to Check out our PDU SERIES GEAR!

its more like a paper cut that has primadonna's yelling murder... - Glickman

Sam look at the dates on this thread. I expect it is in this forum because when level 10 first came out, all the discussions on it were in main.

I think you need to do something about that dog and get some sleep

manike

LOL My bad... someone must have revived this one..... that is how I saw it.

Yes..... dog must go. Someone is going to get it today....

Sam, with all this talk about your neighbor's dog. Should this not be moved into Friendly?

Last edited by Load SM5; 10-10-2002 at 07:27 AM.

Moorewatch

If you read this, thank a teacher.
    If you read this in English, thank a soldier.

Yeah! That's right!

(But I don't know how "friendly" things will get today. )

I bet this dog needs a overly tight super bolt up the...

Originally posted by S14-Racer
    My LvL 10 top, or long nose part, actually had a larger diameter than the body of the bolt just after the braze joint. I didnt take a set of dial calipers to it, as I didnt have my set handy and wanted to get it in. I did take a straight edge to it and noticed the raised section of it.

Anyway, against what other people told me hehe, I took varying grades of sand paper and meticulously lapped the raised section out by hand, 360°. I tested it every so often in the mainbody, to make sure I stopped when it was perfect. I shot about 1.2k rounds of pmi premium last night without a hiccup or chop, and ripped a pod of E-paint, the store owner had on hand waiting for his lvl 10, through it too, all with the short spring.

I figured if anything went wrong it was a 65$ bolt vs a 120$ body. Plus my old bolt worked fine, so this one should've too. I love modifying stuff so had a good time fixing the bolt anyway hehe.
    You screwed up your L10 by sanding it. It was intentionally left larger to reduce blowback. I too had the burr in the main-body - it took 5 minutes work with a needle file. The same SBII fit fine in my mini-mag body.

I'm sure the impact to peformance in minimal - but in the future (before altering things) consider that maybe it was left larger for a reason. I assumed that the tip was larger due to quality control issues during brazing, but a quick post here cleared things up.

_Calvin
    From a poster at PB Nation:

""Jim, back to your cave. Bob Long is on the batphone..."

MY FEEDBACK

Lightbulb

Shartley: I'll just loan you my dog for a while (large Dobermann). He wouldn't hurt the Beagle (except maybe if he tripped over the little thing), but most dogs in our neighborhood give up barking when ol' Sultan cuts loose with his reply (we've tried to get him to use syllogisms and rhetoric in his arguments, but he still goes for volume, every time. sigh.)

Heh. Good Dog.

Thanks.. but a large dog is not what I need. I already have one.

Originally posted by cphilip
    I bet this dog needs a overly tight super bolt up the...

Close..... but I think the owner would get more use out of it. Yes, he is one of THOSE neighbors....