Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: OFFICIAL AO Day II "Day After" Thread

Well, simply put... this was the most amazing day of paintball I have ever had the pleasure of participating in. But that wouldn't have been possible without all the great AOers and the staff that worked the field on Saturday (GREAT JOB MEL).

First to Jon... Thanks for making the AO meet happen. It was a definite pleasure to meet you and almost an equal one to play with you in your famous sidearms game (sorry about your pod).

Oldsoldier, don't forget to run while you sweetspot. lol It was also fantastic meeting you and spending the day with you. I would have to say, of all the fond memories of the day. Standing behind a stand-up, laughing our heads off together was one of the best. Stay in touch...

Third, to BlazinGrace... I enjoyed talking to you and playing with you all day. And thanks for playing with Walter and I in the three man, although we didn't take first, we had fun!

Next, Tunaman and TunamanJr... You guys were fantastic. I really enjoyed meeting you both and spending the day set up right next to each other. I agree, we must meet again sometime.

Anyways, I am tired and this post is going to continue to get longer and longer if I don't force myself to go to bed (especially since I just rode fourteen hours back). It was a fantastic day and I really enjoyed meeting all the AOers. You all are a great bunch of people, it was almost like a big family out there.

Caleb
    Reign of Fire
    Team Captain

"Pain heals, chicks dig scars, glory lasts forever."

My favorite game was the first 3-man speedball that I played and I got the guy out 1 on 1 and got to hang the flag.

Oh and thanks again Phil for letting me use the Emag.

My friend Cal and my Dad had a lot of fun meeting you guys.

Originally posted by Wc Keep
    hey got offended when we said he liked star trek even though hes seen every other space movie in exsistance.
    I think he dislikes Star Trek because there are no super-mega-blast'em lazer death rays. Only Vaporizer things or whatever. Kids these days.
    [insert yet to be made Stewie from Familyguy sig pic.. use him and I will be sad]

Feedback thread: http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?s=0d76afaf5a78b6f79cf2977376a4c191&threadid=177222

Good Traders/sellers/buyers: ß.C., Dansim, yllwsmrf, Cris8762, Mossman,

From PBnation: Philthismax, Eniac101, Devilstar2k2

What happened to the band?

Thordic.. Did you ever get any word as to if you could get a list of the people who actually came, and do the raffle on the forums?

Ahh, the band, I knew I forgot about something.

The band showed up around 12:30, but as I mentioned before, because the power company blew up a transformer, there was no power on site. Therefore, no way for them to plug in thier instruments or anything.

We tried to get them a generator, but it was an hour away, and when they got thier and found out there was no power, they got kinda pissed off and left. At least, that was my understanding of the situation, Riotz was the one dealing with them, he can explain it better if I'm wrong.

Im curious about the raffle myself... All the AO members that showed up were checked off a list by Mel and myself so that shouldent be a problem. Personally I wouldent mind one of them proteus' myself, as my mask looks permanently fogged ... Only thing is i cant wear my hat then hmm...

I'm BACK!!!! Just got in.

WOW what a great time! I mean this was so much fun! realy it was! I had a blast. Some of the nicest people you can ever spend a day with and worth every minute of the 14 hours driving. Mel, Steve, Thordic, Riotz all some of the nicest people you could ever hope to meet and associate with. And Thordic is a God on the trigger. Even showed me the secret.

Tuna and Tuna Jr our friends and neigbors what great people these guys are.

OldSoldier and Blazingrace also my good friends now we are like family.

I realy love all these guys even more now so than you will know. And there are so many others I am going to have to add as I can remember them.

KB, Gunga, Jon, Mel, Capo (wowza!) gosh I will think of the rest of you but its so late an I drove all day....Jon summed this whole thing up well when he pointed out that AO people are the kind of people you can consider friends and count on if you ever need them. You can just feel it.

OK now for Will... I give him the emag to play with...never see him almost all day with out looking out on the field. He refuses to leave the field except to sneak around to get a fill. This little racal is one heck of a player. And in fact I think he is the first person to ever make the emag chop (no lvl 10 in it..YET). but we got that fixed. He just would not bring it back! Great kid nice family too. I think we will soon have another emag owner.

I got to kiss Capo on the cheek and got picts to prove it! Got several hugs from her too! Man can this girl play tight too. She is near impossible to hit. Had the pleasure of being on her team in an early game. She lasted a lot longer than I did.

On thing pisses me of...Graycie was there and NO ONE introduced me! I know she wants me ...perhaps she was too shy? This realy chaps my behind.

Oh and there was two young people there posing as Bill and Dawn Mills. I was not fooled. everyone knows they are old farts right? (no realy! I was surprised how young they look and how nice these two realy are) It was a pleasure to meet both of them.

Now lets get behind these AO meets. I mean if I can you can too! Austin is next. Thats Capo's stomping grounds. Lets get down there and support the whole idea. You are not ever going to have a better chance to play with some of the nicest people on this earth than at one of these things. In fact Fatman and I are going to put one togehter for the SE.

Again I wll add to this as its real late but I did want to get on and thank my hosts for the wonderfull time I and my kid had with some of the nicest people in this darn planet.

Love you guys! That was just flat out FUN! Thanks!

more later

AGD, where we are so good we can do it with only ONE tube!

cphilip.com

Originally posted by cphilip
    On thing pisses me of...Graycie was there and NO ONE introduced me! I know she wants me ...perhaps she was too shy? This realy chaps my behind.
    i think scared is the more appropriate word

Originally posted by graycie

i think scared is the more appropriate word
    Smart Cookie!

I realy am sad about this...it took the luster off the whole thing when I got back and read that. Next time Babe next time!

I had the greatest weekend..it all started with Thordic picking me up at the airport and driving aimlessly for hours trying to meet up with the rest of the guys. We didn't meet up until right before dinner in which we went to NYC and ate in China town (which included Spacemanspiff, Spraying Mango, Riotz, Thordic, Gunga, Jon, and the Mills). I must be the only person in existance who only orders ice cream at a chinese restaurant . Afterwards I went with Riotz, Spraying Mango, and a couple of Riotz's friends to Times Square and to some more places. Had a lot of fun!

As for the actual AO day...I got to meet some great people. I was pretty much out of it and might have looked like a zombie to some people (I hadn't gotten much rest in a few days). To name a few of the people that I had the pleasure of meeting: Jon (exactly the way I pictured him in person), Tunaman (helpful to everyone as usual), Cphilip (shorter than I thought but a great person, teehee), Fatman (he's nuts! hehe kidding! ), Kaiser Bob (still can't believe he dragged a chair with him onto the field!), MantisMag (he's cool) and Gunga (I knew you would come!). I'm really happy that I got the opportunity to be able to travel to meet some great people. I especially want to thank Riotz for giving me a place to stay and making sure I was comfortable. Thanks to everyone who made the AO day possible , as well. (I know that I'm probably leaving out some people to thank but I'm still quite out of it so please don't take it personally.)

As for our 3 man team (Team Hello Kitty)..consisted of Bill Mills, Gunga, and myself. We ended up in 3rd place.

As for a memory/story, I think maxing Capo's team (Team Hello Kitty) In about 20-30 seconds(estimated time.. someone got a video
    I blame that on my warp jam..sorry Bill!! :P you'll probably see me shaking my gun on that video and waiting to get shot at once patron reached Bill's bunker.

btw, thanks to patron god of pirates for the ninja/lvl 10 stickers, I couldnt believe how many stickers he had made.

I'm going to post some of my pics up for you all to see

here's one of us in China Town...I know that Riotz got some better pics but this is pretty much the only one I have of us in the restaurant.
    Last edited by Clare; 07-15-2002 at 11:22 PM.

Originally posted by cphilip

Smart Cookie!

I realy am sad about this...it took the luster off the whole thing when I got back and read that. Next time Babe next time!
    if you go to iao, we'll sit around the agd booth and eat cookies or something. but no mushy stuff, or i'll stick my superfan on you.

Gunga and Fatman (sporting a gift from me..teehee)

Fatman, me, and cphilip (Riotz and Gunga on back)

i don't know whats scarier, fatman without a shirt on or that really nasty blood welt.

Thumbs up AO Day

It was a rather interesting event for my friends and me. I had the pleasure of meeting Riotz, Bill Mills, cphilip, members of the 3 men team Pick-up and the mad tech in person, Jon from AGD. It was a very "family" like atmosphere and everyone was friendly and helpful for the most part.

The interesting part of my day came when Bigragu4paintball came and asked if I wanted to sign up for the 3-men tourney. I hesitated 'cause I don't have any tourney experience and quite a newbie at speedball. In addition, we needed a 3rd player. I ask the 12 friends I've brought with me and only one-stepped up. He only played paintball 3 times in his life. So I slapped $20 on the table to sign up for some "semi-official" speedball experience. Our team, which was...."Who Cares", just want in for the fun and experience, turned out to be the one who walked away with the final prize of level 10. None of us expected to make it that far or expected to take anything home from this party. On our trip back home, which was a 2-hour drive back to Queens, I had to deal with the repetitive chant of, "I can't believe we won". I personally feel that I was more excited about how well we did rather than the prize we received. I don't really need the level 10 since I hardily chop with my RT since '98 when I first bought it, but I'll certainly keep it around for the memory of this event.... or perhaps when I begin to chop balls.

Unfortunately, for my 9 other friends who did not participate in any of the special event, their experience did not turn out quite so well. One of my friend's Shocker broke down, so he ended up with a nice tan sitting around most of the day. The rest of my friends who had no problems with their gears played the same woods ball field for 6 hours straight. Even though I told them ahead of time that there was only one woods ball field, it got boring pretty fast since it is pretty small in size and not quite developed. And when they decided to play speedball, both speedball fields were fully occupied by the 3-men event. Since the 3-men tourney required all players to shoot a mag, my friends were out of luck 'cause they didn't have one. I felt bad 'cause I was so committed with the tourney I didn't have time to hear them out and take care of them. Therefore, most of them left early and mentioned to me that they were not impressed with the event. I feel that I should be responsible for their disappointment, since this event is geared toward AO members and Automag owners for the most part. There were only 2 AO members among my friends, which is Ragu and I. The rest of my friends just couldn't relate and didn't have much option once they got there. That's probably the worst part of my day.

Overall, I think this event is a success for all the AO members and Mag owners who attended. I had the pleasure of meeting a few AO members and it is interesting to see someone you talk to online and then actually meet them in person. Riotz, AGD, and the crew of paintballstix had done a lot work under the brutal sun to make this event ranned smoothly as possible. Your effort is appreciated and thanks again.

PS: When are we getting that AO member card so I can settle it next to my trophy?

so much fun with a big welt on my chest at the agd Party!

let me just start by saying that agd knows how to throw a party! cheap paint, cheap entry, and free food (thanx black cell....although my cheese burger was practilly mooing it was so rare....jk) i had a great time meeting and playing against all types of people especailly the three man tournament (for 20 bux a team... could you go wrong??)
    big thanx to : jon at agd (watching you put your tounge into a emag with a level 10 and pulling the trigger made me a believer! also you capping me in the chest with your double side arms as i was rushing down the field was quite funny) Big props to hello kiddy (met a couple of you especially the girl with the crazy accuracy you all were mad cool) and thanx to whoevers field was used because that looks like the begining of something sick!
    THANKS AGAIN TO ALL!!!! this was my first tournament like setting and my debut performance for TEAM DEADCELL (thanx for the faith and advice guys) I HAD ONE HELL OF A TIME!!

HEADKASE- deadcells blue helmet bum rusher!

SprayingMango will be the only one to appreciate this pic

Hehe which bridge were you trying to take a pic of? GW?

Originally posted by Kaiser Bob
    Hehe which bridge were you trying to take a pic of? GW?

my guess is manhattan or brooklyn bridge, since GW is pretty far north from the city.

Talking

Just got home after a icky 13 hour drive home! Bleh! I'll fly next time!!!

Anyway, I'm done complainin! Here's a few pics of the NJ AO bash, but first I'd like to thank Mel & his wife Suanne for putting me, Jon, & FiTiRPiLiT (aka Mark)up at their house for the weekend and for hosting the whole bash! And extra thanks to Suanne for being a tour guide for us and the Mills.

Team Hello Kitty, consisting of Bill Mills from Warpig.com, myself, & Capo did surprisingly well (took 3rd place) considering it was the first tourney that some of us had ever participated in. Cap carried Team Hello Kitty to many a victory and had her E-Kitty (aka the Hello Kitty E-Mag) purring quite nicely!

Here's a few pics of our first game in the tourney, which we maxed out. This pic shows Bill in the foreground, then Cap, then me in the back, cursing at Mark's Impulse which stopped working (ended up his Halo jammed). Oh...if you're wondering, I'm using an Impy because my Warp (and Bill's too) was having problems feeding the paint.

Oh...thanks to Fred & Mark for being Team Hello Kitty's 'Official Battlefield Photographers'! Though the ungrateful weasels did abandon us when we didn't do so well...of course, when they left, we maxed out one game and came 10 points shy of maxing another! So maybe they were bad luck anyway!
    Last edited by Gunga; 07-15-2002 at 11:45 AM.

As the Impy I was using was inoperative, I ditched it and my pack and sneaked my way up to the two center doritos...

Here's a pic of Cap covering me...the other team's last player was at the beercan behind the dorito I'm standing behind...and then...

Here comes Bill working the snake! Oh...and there's Jon showing off his gut! Bill ends up shooting the last guy out and I take the flag in for the hang.

Not too bad for Team Hello Kitty's first tourney game, huh? Maybe we should hit up Sanrio for a sponsorship!
    Last edited by Gunga; 07-15-2002 at 11:09 AM.

Someone actually had the audacity to shoot at me and hit me!!! Geez!

Anyway...I don't know if Jon's trying to signal that I'm out, or if he's recreating a scene from 'Saturday Night Fever'.

Hey boys...like the new harness I picked up at the NJ AO meet?

On a more somber note, the Mills, Mark, Suanne, and I visited the site of the World Trade Center on Sunday. There were over a thousand people there paying their respects. It was dead quiet and there were many many tears shed by the people there. The whole experience was very moving.
    Last edited by Gunga; 07-15-2002 at 04:15 AM.

Some of the crowd...

Some flowers that people left...