Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: OFFICIAL AO Day II "Day After" Thread

Warpig?

Has Warpig put up anything about this event on their site yet?

Re: Warpig?

Originally posted by 1stdeadeye
    Not yet.

Wc Keep Guest
    i would like to thank mel and the whole pbx group for making us feel right at home. thanks to agd for making such great products for us to party about. and thanks to everyone who went for being so nice.

oh my friend who came with me was using a spyder so he couldnt participate in the 3 man tourney. he said he had a blast playing in the woods fields and also said he couldnt have had a better day.

Re: Warpig?

Originally posted by 1stdeadeye
    It is coming.... I've got writing to do and Dawn has photo galleries to put together...

We just got home a little while ago - Sunday was spent in Manhattan seeing the sights, and today we were in New Jersey, and we're only in the office part of the day tomorrow (taking our church youth group to the climbing gym).

I do want to take a moment early on to say what a great day it was. A big thanks to Mel and Steve (partners in the Paintballistix field) for hosting the event. Also to Jon for talking us into coming up there. Gunga and Capo made excellent teammates - Gunga makes a great back player - you'd never know it was his first tournament though as he's been playing paintball as long as I have, and Capo is invisible to paint, hardly anyone could hit her. And of course thanks to Patron God of Pirates for putting those two shots in my back up close and personal when I was looking the wrong way :-) It was great to get to meet everyone (cphilip was easy to recognize - he really is the cutest moderator), and I can only echo the sentiments of it being a "safe" place, where you could leave out your gear and not worry that someone was going to walk off with it. Thanks also to Suann Maravilla, who was an excellent host and tour guide for the weekend.

See you on the field,
    -Bill Mills

Computer / Paintball geek
    Technical Editor, World And Regional Paintball Information Guide - http://www.WARPIG.com
    Producer, Paintball Television - http://www.PigTV.net
    Paintball, Motocross trail riding, SCUBA, climbing, surfing, R/C aircraft, fun stuff...

It was really great that you could come up to join us Bill, you guys earned some respect on the field. Dawn certainly shows no fear armed with her camera amidst the barrage of paint flying back and forth. I hope next time I can work up the courage to sit in on one of your chats, they certainly seem educational, I was just starstruck at the time.

Re: Re: Warpig?

Originally posted by billmi

...cphilip was easy to recognize - he really is the cutest moderator - Bill Mills
    You know now that this has been confirmed. Even Jon says so. Thing that has me a little stumped is all of the ones who think so are guys! Perhaps it's the long hair? I would feel a little more...ummmm...er..."Comfortable" if some of the ladies would chime in...

agdjon Guest

Tis my Turn

Everybody,

I certainly had a great time and hope to do it again soon. and if we chant long and hard, maybe Tom can come out with us

My thanks goto to Mel, Steve, and the PBX crew (way too many to name) for getting the field up and going in the last month. They really put a lot of hard work just to get the field ready considering Riotz and Myself only gave Mel one month's time to prepare. GREAT JOB GUYS

More thanks goto the AO members that sacrificed game time to help get everything on the ball.

Thanks to Cap for taking time out to come and visit.

Thanks to Graycie for making awesome cookies as well as taking time out to come and visit us from PA.

Thanks to Gunga, Mark, and Fred just for being there from Chicago, showing that yes, we do come from everywhere just to make AO meets.

Thanks to Cphilip (really strange little fellow but yes, he is the cutest moderator, and fatman for making the long haul from SC.

Thanks to the Mills for coming out. It was great seeing you guys again

And Special thanks to Riotz and black cell, as well as Kaiser Bob, for helping get the field organized the day before as well as for the many long hours of planning that we all spend conversing through email and phones just to get the big day going.

I must say, which takes more balls, going out to a speedball tourney with a chair, or playing speedball with 2 sydarms...

Either way, This was better than last. Can't wait for AO Party in NJ 3 :-)

Jon

Re: Tis my Turn

Originally posted by agdjon
    ...Cphilip...really strange little fellow but yes he is the cutest moderator - Jon
    See! Now for those of you that know Jon to be calling me a strange little dude...all I gotta say is...TAKES ONE TO KNOW ONE!!!!

I am much taller online though and so is he.

Love ya Bro.

I'm taller offline

a lanky git in fact

manike

6'5" ish...

Re: Re: Re: Warpig?

Originally posted by cphilip

You know now that this has been confirmed. Even Jon says so. Thing that has me a little stumped is all of the ones who think so are guys! Perhaps it's the long hair? I would feel a little more...ummmm...er..."Comfortable" if some of the ladies would chime in...
    bad man with candy!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Warpig?

Originally posted by graycie

bad man with candy!
    Not exactly what I was looking for....

I would feel a little more...ummmm...er..."Comfortable" if some of the ladies would chime in...
    you know you're GQ, cphil!

NOW THATS MORE LIKE IT!!!!

(checks in the mail Capo...)

cphilip, for what it's worth, I showed your pick to one of my ex-girlfriends. She said with no uncertainty that you are far cuter than me.

Some of the pics I took. Note, they are cropped and heavily compressed to load fast. We'll start with JJ, ugh...
    Last edited by zerokid; 07-16-2002 at 04:09 PM.
    Mr. Lim
    Team Biohazard
    My AO Feedback
    My Ebay Feedback

Mark and Cap chillin' under our tent

Bill, JJ, and Cap getting ready for the next match

Team Hello Kitty about to break

JJ looking down field

Capoeira moving up

Mark listening to the sounds of space

Cap spacing out

... and JJ just plain taking up space

Cap in the foreground, me in back

Originally posted by zerokid
    ... and JJ just plain taking up space
    You're just askin for a bunkering, boy!

Bill, JJ, and Cap getting ready for the next match
    it looks like Gunga is planning on having me killed or something..

lol....

i wanna go to the next one...where is it?

Next one? Well Northern Cal and then Austin TX and I think then South Carolina!

Patron, you should have hung onto that blind girl! Surely she was gettin a Gobment check!!!

Riotz Guest

Thumbs up

I'm just going to add a few things that might have been missed before.

Firstly, I would like to personally thank Mel again for ALL of his hard work. Over the last few months, him and his PBX crew have been working their butts off preparing the field so AO Day II could take place. They are not suppose to open the field to the public until September. By then, they will have more fields. Thanks again, Mel, Steve, Bear, Will and the rest of the PBX crew. We hope to hold future AO events at your field.

The PBX staff did an excellent job in ref'ing and running the field. This was the FIRST TIME the field was open to the public.

Next, I would like to thank everyone who came to the event. Without all of you there, it would not have been a success.

I hope everyone enjoyed themselves. I know there were a few small issues here and there. Such as the speedball fields being used most of the day with the tourney.. We will try not to let it happen next time.

I wish we could have taken a group picture. It would have been one for the AGD record books.

As for the band. They showed up, but we were unable to power them. The Sussex power company blew the field's generator the day before. Which left us with no way to power their equipment without renting a generator. I'm sorry for those who were expecting this. Even though there was no power, which means the compressor could not work. Mel pulled some strings and called in some favors and got compressed air tanks at the field.

I just have to say thank you to Bill and Dawn Mills for coming out to our event. You are the nicest people I have ever met. =]

If anyone was wondering why we had an inflatable pig on top of our tent. It was a WARPIG.

Thanks Jon. It was GREAT working with you. I can't wait for AO Day III!

I'm sorry I didn't get to spend more time with all the AO'ers there. I was all over the field that day. You may have saw me. Either selling/checking paint, handing out cards, ref'ing, cooking, video taping, etc. =] Some of the food may have been "rare", (such as the ice dogs: sorry tuna! ), hehe. I did my best though, with 50 people waiting for burgers. I hope you all enjoyed it. Thanks for the donations.

Special thanks to those who kicked Dead Cell's butts for me, hehe j/k

"I haven't seen this many mags at a field in a long time" -Bill Mills
    Last edited by Riotz; 07-17-2002 at 03:07 AM.

Riotz Guest

Now, the pictures...

Left to right:
    SprayingMango(John), Mel, CaPoEiRa(Clare), Gunga(JJ) (missing a hand ), Jon, Bill, Dawn, Mark, spacemanspiff(Scott), Thordic(Brian), Riotz(Jeff)

mmmmmm, sexy. He must work out.

Tourist... hehe
    Last edited by Riotz; 07-17-2002 at 02:29 AM.