Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: who here honestly does not care about their post count?

ThePatriot Guest
    I really dont care, i havent looked at my post count in a llloonggg time. Anyway, if i wanna just put "lol" or "hes right" in my posts i dont see why i shouldnt, im just reinforcing the idea, i could understand if you got to be like a moderator at 3000 posts, why people would post whore. The main thing is, people are just trying to have fun and input their ideas, if its just "ok" well then let it be.

lol, I just call myself a retired postwhore to joke. (even though it's true) I guess I should have been lost posthappy when I started out. From what I gathered certain characters are copying what I did.
    YAY! I STARTED SOME SORT OF STRANGE AO TREND!

Good Traders:
    Tunaman, K-villeplayer, Magman007, Mastersconi, Jon/xpm, Kenndogg

My feedback if you've dealt with me, leave some...

Fruitcat: it's what AO doesn't like.

ive been here coming up on 2 years.... look at my postcount now tell me if i care? if you say yes ill smack you

on another note people who post 15 times a day have nothing wrong with them they are just using the forum for what its for i bet most of the 15 posyts were posted in the friendly corner to
    Good Traders- obsolete898,jah871,ß.C.
    AO member 4 life
    Member # 268
    E-mail-sublime698812@hotmail.com
    Aim-Joker2268
    "Not everyone makes up useless crap about penguins and pastries all the time" - Thordic

good point's i agree with alot of you i barely ever stare at my post count.

and foo yuo baaad baaaad boy
    good traders- agdmagman2001, magdude25,Geoff Noble, than205, X-plosive, speedball4life, CoFFey[NiTrO], Snakebite78, zads27

Originally posted by irbodden
    I do care, not to the point of being a post whore though. For online trades, often times guys from AO don't even bother asking for refrences, parts of the reason I assume is my post count..

It also looks shady when some guy joins AO, who has 5 some posts, trying to sell an Angel or other highend marker..
    i absolutley agree right there..if sum1 is loyal to AO..they are usually loyal to other people too
    Someone took away my cool sig. *cough*mod*cough*

...until i got to about 500...

...and I realized how annoying this kind of stuff is...

We need ONE FULL THOUGHT per post. It doesn't take much to think ahead, and I think it should be enforced. Especially on those people with signatures that FILL my 1024x768 screen...

Liberalism is a persistent vegatative state.
    I don't look at post counts. if you're a moron, you get ignored no matter how high the number is. if on the other hand you have something intelligent to say, I read it. again, makes zero difference what that number says. not sure what the point of the counter is anyway. If I really need to see how long somebody's been here, I look at their profile.

I agree on a day to day basis it doesn't matter. Times when it might be important:

1. When buying from someone for the first time. A combination of a large post count and a long time member may mean the person has too much to lose to rip you off.

2. Technical advice. There are people here who should not give out tech info. Thats a fact. On some boards important, knowlegeable people have the highest post counts.

Originally posted by Restola
    I agree on a day to day basis it doesn't matter. Times when it might be important:

1. When buying from someone for the first time. A combination of a large post count and a long time member may mean the person has too much to lose to rip you off.

2. Technical advice. There are people here who should not give out tech info. Thats a fact. On some boards important, knowlegeable people have the highest post counts.
    I agree that length of membership and post count can be indicators of an individual's dedication to the forum. However, I also believe that using those two parameters exclusively can easily lead one astray. I think a better way to determine whether someone is a good signal contributor is to simply click on the "search" button under one of his/her posts. Then just read some of the results that come up to see whether the posts are signal or noise; at least that way you get a history of the person's posting habits as a reference. For selling/trading, search for reviews of the person's previous exchanges, assuming some exist.

In my travels, I have seen some very dedicated, very prolific posters of almost exclusively noise. They believed they were contributing signal. Archimedes Plutonium comes to mind, for those Usenet readers out there.

BJJB

I don't
    I'm nothing more than text to you...

Attention
    Getting
    Device

dave_p Guest
    i honestly dont care. i only speak up when something interests me. this is my 4th incarnation of AO. i let my first account lapse(years ago). they upgraded the software once(pre tom)and my account vanished. got a new one. tom took over. got mad one day asked to have account removed, it was. have had my last account since whatever it sez over there on the left. even if i totalled up the past 4 years ive lurked various incarnations of the forum i doubt id have passed 500.

I can honestly say I don't care. If you don't believe me, check out the date I signed up with the board in relation to my post count-Not very frequently.
    Converge Kills