Page 20 of 77 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223243070 ... LastLast

Thread: ** Official Level 10 Problems Thread **

I installed my LVL10 in my Emag today. I ended up going with 1.0 carrier, 2 shims, medium spring. I put some paint in the breech halfway and it won't chop so it seems like everything's fine other than my velocity is very inconsistent. I first set up the gun using my original stock Emag spring and my velocity was always in the 270 range but when I switched to the LVL10 springs velocity went wild. I tried the longest spring first but I couldn't get the velocity down low enough. It was over 300 everytime. Then I went with the medium spring and I was able to get it lower but it's too inconsistent. I tried the next largest carrier but it leaks. Shims shouldn't make any difference so I didn't change them at all. I just put 2 as a starting point and they seem fine. I'm using a J&J Edge barrel kit so I tried the different bore sizes and the paint (Diablo Blaze) doesn't seem to be the most consistently sized stuff either) which of course might be the problem. With the medium spring I'm shooting anywhere in between 255-310. The paint size might be the problem as I'll shoot one at 255 and then I'll shoot 4-5 that are all around 280ish and then one will be 300. Maybe it's just a bad paint/barrel match but I want to make sure it's not something with the LVL10 that's causing this, or at least contributing to it. I need more consistency to play tournaments that's for sure.

Also, will I have to change to a smaller carrier later after the o-rings get broken in ?

lvl10 firing to hard in my minimag

I purchased a stock minimag last year, and recently received a lvl 10 upgrade for it. I installed the upgrade, I installed the 1 groove carrier as the biggest that doesn't leak. I did the squeegie test and the bolt just shot out the squeegie, no gas escaped anywhere, it was just like the old bolt. So, I thought I must install in the shims to make it work better. I can put all the shims (5) in and the largest spring it won't leak air and functions like the stock bolt. The bolt comes forward way too hard. I'm using C02 for gas. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,
    ProBus

hey i just got my lvl 10 from a friend that had never installed it because he lost the directions well i have tried every carrier and can't get it to work right in my car so what can i do and what carrier is the 1.5 sense i read that it is the one most people use

Probus - bring down you velocity.

1old68classic - Here is a

link on how to install the LX bolt.

Ok, when I first gas it up, theres a little leak, that i'm pretty sure is coming from the barrel, it might be coming from the velocity adjuster, but im pretty sure its from the barrel, well thats not the real problem anywayes..

Ok, so then ya, before my gan will gast up and the trigger rod will stick out enough to be shot I have to physically push the valve forward a bit, I don't know what thats all about. But then ya, as soon as I push that valve forward, air starts to leak heavilly out the barrel, and then when I hold the trigger down it just leaks out faster.. This isn't a small leak like at the start, it's a pretty big leak out the barrel..

So does anyone know what the problem is?

Ok, well I got the heavy leaking problem fixed, just needed to hold down the trigger when I gassed it up.. daaa

And now, there's a small leak out of the velocity adjuster, very tiny however.. I think it is probablly because my velocity's pretty damn high.. But it might be something inside of there, so I'll try chronoing at 270's or so, and if it still looks i'll look inside of it.

But now my problem is.. Well, i'm running the smallest spring now with 1.5 carrier, and 2 shims.. See before with the medium spring it seemed like the sear wouldn't even catched the bolt untill I pushed the valve forward a bit.. But now with the smalles spring it catches, but once I start firing at around 5-7 bps it has the same affect.. So i'm going to try adding another shim and see if that works.. If it doesn't i'll post here.

lol, ok now... I added one shim.. And the problem is still there.. So i'll try one more shim.. But while shooting it I noticed another problem... When I held down the trigger the air started to leak out the barrel.. Could this be because maybe my velocity is to high, because it kind of seems like it's charging excess air out of the barrel before it will shoot..

Anyone know how to fix this?

sorry guys, been taking a break from the forums lately. Time to jump back in

jarley77 - the inner body washer has a burr thats stopping the bolt, get a file and smooth it out so the bolt alone fits ok in the body.

tmnothing - check your o'ring to see if it's damaged, use a longer spring if you want the bolt to hit softer. As for FINE tuning - adding shims actually make the bolt hit harder, use the least amount you can get away with.

P-3 - use the field strip screw to get the carrier out.

Emag75 - try the cut spring(cut side on bolt) - the long spring is overkill

gamarada717 - try going to a bigger carrier, also - what's your input pressure

Fnoskar - havent you been having trouble for a while now....PM me in as much detail as possible, what your set-up is, what the problem is, and what you've tried to fix it.

trevorjk - it's a new valve, it needs to be broken in. While the marker is NOT gassed - screw in the velocity all the way and then back it out to about where it was, lube the valve real good - if you still cant cycle below 300 then try the cut spring(if your already using the cut - then clip about 1/4 coil off it)

ckyguy - field strip screw - screw it in a few turns and pull.

wobbles82 - the 2 carrier is too big - try the 1.5

kiwi n0ddy - sounds like you just needed to add a shim or two so the pressure would vent instead of staying pinched on the ball. Set-up properly, the LX will not chop paint, but you could still get barrel break, dont confuse the two.

maglover52 - make sure everythings in the right place, and check to see if the carrier o'ring is damaged.

Ejp414 what's your input pressure? Do you have any other regs on your set-up?

TheDuelist it's rare but it happens, make sure the cut side of the spring is on the bolt side.

CFD323 yes, you will have to goto a smaller carrier once the o'rings broken in. A new unbroken in o'ring will also give you a slight consistency issue - however a 255-310 jump is drastic, I'd check my nubbins to make sure they are doing thier job.

ProBus - use a longer spring, the longer - the softer. Also, the LX bolt is a two speed bolt, make sure when you test for softness, your doing so in the first stage, not the second, by then the bolt is flying.

Digits - sounds like you need a rail bushing, make sure yours is there and then try the cut spring again. (do not adjust your trigger rod, I hope you havent already.)

Have faith guys, we'll help ya out

Originally posted by Havoc_online

Digits - sounds like you need a rail bushing, make sure yours is there and then try the cut spring again. (do not adjust your trigger rod, I hope you havent already.)[/B]
    No, I havn't adjusted it.. And the rail bishing thing doesn't fit with an intelliframe.. But I think I just needed to tighten the field strip screw a little more.

Originally posted by Havoc_online

Ejp414 what's your input pressure? Do you have any other regs on your set-up?
    850 psi, and no other regs.
    Proud Owner of a Phantom, Mag, and Tippmann

Digits - you MUST have that rail bushing on. It DOES fit, you just need to pinch it in.

Ejp414 - so long as your bolt fits the body properly, I dont think your problem is LX related, take apart your valve and look around for out for anything out of the ordinary.

Okay, I changed my setup around a lot, and I fixed the problem with the shootdown. I'm still on the largest carrier possible without leaking, and my velocity is as inconsistent as CFD's was. Everything else works good though.

1.5 carrier, 2 shims, medium spring

By the way, thank you for all the help so far.

carriers

how do u know what carrier is what?

i keep reading all these instructions that say go to the next size up or down carrier..
    all i see on my carrier's are dots and lines...

cheers
    nods
    Damage Inc NZ
    www.titaniumpaintball.com

Shim question

Ok the instructions say that for shim adjustment you're supposed to put a squeegee in front of the carrier with no shims and the old spring and it should stop on the squeegee and not reset. Well, mine resets what should I do here? Add shims or leave them out? I'm running the 1.5 carrier at about 950 psi from an air america apocolypse tank with a classic rt and freak system. Lemme know asap, I have practice thursday :P. Thanks.
    I bring behind me a firey tail of death and destruction...I am the Armageddon!

well aside from the PT tip coming unscrewed (that was solved) and snapping my medium spring i really like my level 10, thanks to potatoboy if i didnt work with him i probly wouldnt have bought a mag but i am very glad i did.
    The Crazy Mag Guy

Armegeddon - The shims are use to determine when the bolt starts to vent. The more you add, the earlier the bolt vents. Most users has 2 shims.

Level 10 Bolt
    I have installed my level 10 on my brand new minimag. 1.5 carrier, 2 shims, worked great for 40-60 shots. Then disaster! Massive leak down barrel. Went smaller carrier, less/more shims, changing the o-rings, the whole 9 yards. Nothing, still leaks. Then took out the regulator, pulled out the on/off valve, oiled, put back together. No leak. Fired 20-30 shots and guess what, disaster. Barrel leak, again. What am i doing wrong? When i press on the trigger slightly, the leak stops. Please Help!!!

oh ya, when i went down in carriers (1.0 & .5), it caused my tank (compressed air) to be almost impossible to screw on??

UPDATE: After many hours, i finally got it to work, except one small thing. After i fire 50-100 shots, i get a small leak out the barrel. All i have to do is A) press lightly on the trigger or B) fire one shot and it stops. Then it does it another 50-100 shots down the road. Is this worth fixing or let it go??Please advise. Thank you
    Last edited by rmhawk; 05-13-2003 at 07:48 PM.

Re: carriers

Each line represents one full size and if it has dots (there will always be three dots if it has dots) it's a half size. So one ring and 3 dots is a 1.5 carrier. 2 rings and no dots is a 2.0. They increase in half sizes from zero to four. The larger the number, the larger the size of the carrier is and the less tension put on the o-ring. If there's not enough tension, it won't seal and if there's too much, it will be inefficient and inconsistent.

Run the largest carrier that doesn't leak. Don't use shims unless you have to. If it locks up on the ball and won't reset add one shim at a time until that problem stops.

Originally posted by kiwi n0ddy
    how do u know what carrier is what?

i keep reading all these instructions that say go to the next size up or down carrier..
    all i see on my carrier's are dots and lines...

cheers
    nods
    Damage Inc NZ
    www.titaniumpaintball.com

at last i finnally know what the rings and dots mean..
    cheers dude..

my marker doesn't leak or anything.. just wanted to know how to tell the sizes

thanks
    nods
    Damage Inc NZ
    www.TitaniumPaintball.com

Question I'm sure someone has askd this but...

I was wondering if some1 could explain to me the differences in the carriers and shims and why they mess up the things they do.
    "Great Minds think a lot" -Dunno, but not me
    "Everyone is your friend until you bunker them" -me
    "All your bunkerz are belong to me"
    "Not everyon in the world hates me, a lot of people haven't met me yet." -me

read two posts above yours.

Thanks, I was frustrated and in a hurry.

venting

alright, I"m sure you all have already fixed a problem like this, but I don't have the time to read the whole thread. I installed my lvl 10 on a classic mag and it shoots fine, velocity is a little less consistent than I'd like but the major problem is when I gas it up, it leaks either out the powertube or between the valve and the powertube, I can't tell exactly where, but I'd like to be able to fix it. It's not enough to really be noticed, but I'd like to fix it. when I pull the trigger and hold it it stops and it is greatly reduced with the barrel on. I will still play with it in games, but would like to be able to fix it. I think this is the only carrier I can use, the other ones either vent or are too tight. Thanks for any help.

how many shims do you have in? Try removing the shims, thats what i did and it hasn't leaked since, but i am no expert. i had the same problem. if you remove the shims and get bolt stick, put in the shims one at a time until the bolt doesn't stick. thats what i was told to do and it worked.

alright, 1 shim fixed the initial venting down the barrel, but now when I pull and hold th trigger it vents a little and there is still a little leak in the back somwhere. I was wondering if some1 knew how I could locate it. it could be my hoses, but I don't think so. I think it's just a bad o-ring somewhere.

x valve leaking??

i just gased up this minimag i bought w/ intelliframe and x valve and it is leaking down the barrel???? the guy i bought it from said it was working fine before he sent it??!! please help need my mag!!!! thanks
    ryal999

I appologise, as I suspect it's been said before, but d*mn, this is a big thread!

My LX bolt piston has slid down such that it's about twice as long as is should be.

My problem is that I can't get it to move either way. I can't remove it (at least by hand) and I can't get it back down where it should be.

Suggestions? Methods of removal?

more problems! i played on saturday, 1.0 carrier, no shims, worked great all day. then i gassed it up today and it leaked down the barrel. now what do i do? what if i go allthe way to the last carrier with no shims and it still leaks down the barrel?? HELP!

Is it the LX or X-Valve or just me?

I started a seperate thread with this, but hopefully here it'll get more attention...

I got my x-valve a few weeks ago, started with a 1.5 then moved to a 1.0 carrier. Went and played and my bolt kept on sticking, so I took out one of the shims and it worked alright, only sticking about 3 times. So now I've switch to no shims with my 1.0 carrier and sometimes when I pull the trigger is just pushes the ball an inch ahead, much like a short stroked trigger. But it doesn't feel like I'm short stroking. Is it? Or is it something I need to fix with my level 10?

If it helps here's my gun:
    Classic Automag
    Dye 2x Frame
    Crossfire 68 stubby
    CP Barrel kit
    X-Valve, 1.0 carrier, no shims, cut spring
    paintdevil1 from PbNAtion:
    damn you mag guys support your products furiously

my level 10

ok i was looking to see if anyone else in the forum had this problem but i ran out of patience.
    I bought a level 10 a few days ago and i figured out the 1.5 carrier is the tightest one that doesnt leak( the 2 leaked) and im using the shortest spring and i have my velocity turned up so it should work right? Well when i fire, the gun will fire once or twice and then make the noise that it should make if something obstructs it. I can fire without problems if i only fire once every 15 or 20 seconds. when i watch it through my power feed it appears to fire fine and then the second shot makes it to the powerfeed, stops, and goes back. i have tried turning up the velocity which didnt help. i have tried ever carrier that doesnt leak. i have even tried different amounts of carriers. im thinking about bringing it to get professionally installed and this is my last effort to maybe figure out its problem and fix it myself.