Page 28 of 77 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast

Thread: ** Official Level 10 Problems Thread **

i feel like a newbie again
    alright i have tuned a lvl 10 twice already, and they came out nicely

today 8 months after the last time i ever tuned a lvl 10 i had LOTS of trouble
    my 2 friends who just got their lvl 10s came over and asked me to tune it, they bring over a scuba and everything
    i sit down for like 1 frustrating hour trying to tune the first RT valve, and no matter what it wont stop at the target, it crunchs everything in its path

this is my exact prodcedure, please do correct me if im wrong, i didnt have directions, i went w/ my 8 month old memory
    -carrier 2, 2 shims, mid spring, oiled oring
    -shot 2-300 shots
    -no leaks, went down tighter carrier
    -1.5 carrier, still chopping and crunching
    -went through the same steps till reached carrier 0
    -w/ carrier 0 it was still crunching on everything

what am i doing wrong...?

I do know the AO sig rules, I just want a free sig pic, that's all!

My Gun CollectionhAppy's Official B/S/T thread - Feedback

if its not leaking dont go down a carrier yet. Try using the small spring and check velocity...my bet is your way too high.

When true evil smacks you in the face you never forget it.

Official DevilMAG Thread
    Devil's Den Paintball
    The Aggressive Generation

i did a chrono guess by shooting a ball
    if its not leaking, but it chops, i should still go down a carrier, the tighter the carrier the less likely it would chop, but in this case, seems to make no difference

CRY OUT FOR DONATIONS : can someone please send me some free lvl 10 orings (the ones that need to be broken in) please please thanks!

tighter carriers make the bolt hit harder not softer, use the biggest one that doesnt leak people!

theres that newbie feeling again

haha thanks man! god i feel like a dumbass

Ya i bought my LVL10 bout a month ago and i've been trying to tune it and i've gone down to the carrer and get enough shims till it will stop leaking. but now i chop balls i dunno whats wrong
    Euro E-mag | TL63 | XMOD| EM01610
    Euro Rt | OG | RT02382.

hey everyone ive already posted my problem on here and got no reply so if someone could help me it was the last post on pg 27 thanks
    Last edited by Enemy; 01-29-2004 at 11:45 PM.

Okay, I thought I had this level 10 working, but when I pull the trigger all I get is a chuff. I've tried different springs and it doesn't seem to make a difference. With the weakest spring the bolt moves but it won't fire a ball 10 feet. I followed the instructions exactly and have tried with 0 - 5 shims with no difference. If I put my old bolt back on it fires fine.

Can anyone give me an idea what's going on here?
    The arrogance of other people annoys me. My own doesn't bother me a bit.

My Feedback

go to a bigger carrier. and start with no shims then work up. but first go to a bigger carrier.
    My Guns: chrome and black pump mag
    -black 2k sniper 2
    -32* vision imp with ups, ECS, reloader B
    -was'd imp w/ i-frame and all ups, warp feed
    -88/3000 and 48/3000 tanks

AIM: Paintball1084

my feedback

I went to a bigger carrier and it leaked like crazy down the barrel so I went back to the one I had. I'm an a 2.5, now. The 3 doesn't work. I tried it with no shims and worked my way up to 5 and none of them made any difference.

Plazmic, now that you have the right carrier have you tried the middle spring? I'd try that and/or turning up your velocity.

Yeah, I've tried all three springs and the one from my old bolt, too. I get the same results from all three. I really thought it was my regulator or valve, so I put my old bolt on to test it. The old bolt worked great! All I can think is that, since the springs all do the same thing, it bust be a carrier issue.

I even put on a different trigger frame to see if that made a difference! It didn't.

I think I'm going to take the whole thing apart and start from scratch, making sure I do every little thing exactly right.

Anyone got any words of encouragement? I'm getting really frustrated here.

Okay, I pulled everything apart and started over. I put a different o-ring in the 2 carrier this time. I'm at two shims and the weakest spring. It's firing consistantly, now, but I can't go up a spring. If I use any other spring it won't fire. I haven't chrono-ed it, yet, but if it comes out at 250 or something, how will I get my speeds back up if I can't go to another spring?

Originally posted by Plazmic
    I haven't chrono-ed it, yet, but if it comes out at 250 or something, how will I get my speeds back up if I can't go to another spring?
    Is it close to venting out the back now? If not you will probably be fine.

It's about 1 turn from venting. How much difference in FPS velocity do you usually get in one turn on a 68 Classic?

side note: I gotta say, I'm VERY happy with the performance of my new J&J Ceramic! I ran my test shots through two different barrels and the Ceramic REALLY shoots straight! I am going to OWN in my next game!

i got to about page 3 of this thread, didnt find my prob, got lazy, so im posting it. Please read and help, mabey Tom?

ok, me and my friend both got our X-valves at the same time, we oiled em up, put em in and adjusted till they fired, but after a shot or two, the bolt seems to not fully extend and makes an air puffing sound. It seems like im running on co2 or something becuase i can shoot like 1 shot per second or two normally, but any faster and the bolt seems as if it needs time to recharge, so if i try to fire more than 1 ball per second it's like the valve is out of breath,( if i put my ear to the vavle i can hear it recharge - sounds like air if filling the valve - "shuuuuuuch") im using a 68 3000 PMI tank, fairly new, the output says 850 on the website. im using a ULT trigegr too. different springs only made it stick, i have tried various carriers and shims, and messed with the velocity... and i think all that stuff is set right, i watched the quick intall vid for the L10 help ?

P.S. another wierd problem occasionally - my bolt would get stuck in my barrel, not "bolt stick" from a spring, but it would actually stop inside my barrel and i had to get it unjammed using a stiff sqeegy, it was quite hard. Trying to pull my barrel out would only stretch the spring on the bolt. mabey bore size? (14' dye Xcel) im getting a 10' ultralight soon.

i'd think if all level 10's were the same, or required the same set-up of carriers and such that they should be pre-tuned, but im guessing they are all slightly different.
    Last edited by nate2k191; 01-29-2004 at 08:48 PM.
    -fully upped mech mag (magzilla) www.havoc-online.com
    -upped 68 mag (class) My Feedback AIM = nate2k191
    -live in peace TK-
    AO-TX

LVL X

I just ordered the new RT ULE custom. Are the level ten and ule trigger kit setup from the factory or will i have to dink around a bit?

sry if this has already been answered but anyway, i just got my lvl 10 and installed it on my classic rt. it keeps leaking down the barrel and out the back of the valve, ive tried most of the carriers and it is still leaking. i also have a agd flatline reg. on my nitro tank and i am about to clean that out (have not cleaned it before). would the reg. be contributing to the leak? would it stop the leak if i cleaned out the reg? or is it just the lvl 10?

if its laaking down the barrel then you have to go to a smaller carrier. and if its leaking out where you turn the velovity up or down then turn you velocity down. my x-valve leaked out the back and i tuned the velocity down and it was all better. also use alot of oil on the carrier o-ring, lube it up when ever you have a chance.

Question Lvl. 10 X-valve sticking

My cousin has Lvl. 10 X-valve and it is sticking forward when he raps off shot on a double finger I-frame and it didnt when he used the stock single trigger frame anyone know anything about how to solve this problem?

make sure all the screws are tight and go to the largest carrier that doesent leak. change the carrier to a bigger one. that should fix the problem.

Okay, I finally got a chance to really rip some balls with my 68 and the new lvl 10, but I was breaking balls like crazy! I'm not sure if that was maybe crappy balls and a tight J&J Ceramic barrel, so I'm going to let that go until I play again. The thing that worries me, though, is that I went through a 68/3000 air tank in about 700 shots. Does that sound right?

yea that sounds good. i get about 700-800 on my x-vavled mag with a 88 3000. and about 500 on my 48 3000.

Holy Crap! I get almost 1500 from this same bottle on my Piranha! I tell ya...that's a bummer.

but im glad i got 2 tanks and a friend with a fill station

Hi

I have a retro valve and I am setting up my level 10, I have been through the detailed setup insturctions without result.

With the smallest carrier and 2 shims it was leaking down the barrel.

The smallest carrier is the only one that feels snug, the others are loose.
    I have the medium spring.
    My input pressure is 800psi (air system vents above that)
    and my velocity adjuster is as high as that goes before it starts venting

So I took out the shims, now it wont fire at all.

With one shim, it doesnt fire at all.

So I put two shims in, and it leaks down the barell again.

I dont know what else I can change.
    Can someone help?
    Last edited by No Excuse; 02-17-2004 at 08:53 AM.
    Team NoExcuse

Use one shim, then use the largest carrier that wont make it leak down the barrel, and use the smallest spring. Make sure that the bolt can move freely in the body.

ULE RT Custom

Red ULE body
    ULT
    Electric Logic vert frame

The only carrier I can use is the smallest one, all the others leak.

Ill try with one shim and the small spring thanks.

By small spring you mean the stock non lvlx spring?

Yes, thats correct. What spring are you using now? BTW, make sure the powertube is lubed.