Page 25 of 77 FirstFirst ... 152122232425262728293575 ... LastLast

Thread: ** Official Level 10 Problems Thread **

i've been using the cut spring the whole time. I'll go try the small spring. brb.

Okay, with the small spring, 2.0 carrier, and no shims, the gun is responding sort of; it makes variating puffing noises, it seems like its almost normal.

remember to have the field screw completely tight.

also, take the barrel off and the superbolt and make sure the bolt will fit down the barrel. i have an armson barrel and the bolt did not quite match up with the barrel. so i used the small spring and shot it for about two months and wore down the bolt/barrel so they are a perfect match. then i went to the medium spring.

Okay, I think it's working now, I just have to fine tune it. There's a little air leak I can hear coming out of the barrel.

if theres a small leak, then just go down one carrier. but keep using the same o-ring.

i know this has been posted before, i just want to make sure.

RT classic, hpa 800psi preset
    i have my lvl 10 with carrier number 2. 2.5 leaks sometime.
    i also have 2 shims installed and with original springs, it would shoot just fine at 285 and the variance is very small.

Now I'm trying to put a longer spring in, so i slap the medium(with cut) one in. it won't work right away.
    the marker would shot, then the second pull of the trigger it would make the sound "pffffffffftttt", the bolt moves halfway, release the air and back. sometimes the trigger won't reset, and even if it resets nothing happens when you pull it.

so i know i ggota increase the pressure, i turn the velocity up until a point near leaking, and it would work a little better, but stilll have the bolt stick and pffttttt every once in a while.

is that means i need a new req piston or new reg valve pin ? coz i replaced the req valve pin o rings since it's all brown !

one more thing. this is writen by Havoc_onlne."DO NOT try and bleed extra pressure by loosening the field strip screw. " why ?
    Last edited by whiskey29; 08-24-2003 at 10:03 AM.

i need help with my level 10

short sprink
    1.5 carrier
    no shims
    it shoots about 250
    i need to get the speed up but when i put in the meddium spring i cant get it to work with anything, i have trid every carrier and nothing works. the problem is it wont shoot you can feal the pressure in the valve when you pull the trigger but it wont shoot. the valocity is turnd all the way up.

extream - try going up one carrier size. but use the same o-ring you are currently using

the black o-ring on the carrier, or the in the carrier???

the oring inside the carrier, the white one. leave the black ones alone.

one problem i have had is that the level 10 bolt was not exactly a perfect match with my armson stealth barrel. so i had to use my small spring for about two months until my bolt and barrel wore in and fit together perfectly, then i went up to my medium spring.

what should pressure should the level 10 be runing on??

Went and got air today for my gun I just bought RTP with lvl10 tht was already installed put a few drops of oil in asa and gassed up dry fired a few then put a sqeugee in right in front of the bolt and fired and maybe twice out of 10 times it chuffed other times it Hit hard. so i took the tank off and unbolted the powertube to see what the current setup was. has a 2 ring carrier 2 small metal shims and the medium bolt spring.

any help would be greatly apecriated

Thanks
    Dave
    Dave

bolt stick

Originally posted by LittMag
    Problem:
    Basically the gun would fire, then stop firing. Sometimes when it didn't fire, it would make the ball pinching sound then reset, sometimes the bolt would just not fire at all.
    I have this exact same problem. This would occur with 3 out of every 4 shots, leading to a very un-productive game and a lot of being eliminated due to misfires. Also, each time the gun wouldn't fire at all, for some reason, turning off my air then turning it back on would help.

Something else I found to be wierd was that the LX came with a standard sized spring, and both a red one and a grey one that were the same length, but none in-between.

This is quite frustrating as I spent $80 for it and I can't even get it to work! Any help would be appreciated.

[side note: I am using the 1.5 spacer(largest that doesn't leak), 2 shims(3 leak) and the red spring(though the grey would work exactly the same, I'm sure)]
    Good traders: CaPoEiRa, KamikazeChiKenz, bundy09, Tunaman, MajorDamage, hardr0ck68

ok i still cant get my gun to work, when i put in the meddium spring and i tried every carrier it wont shoot. you can feel the pressure in the valve when you pull the trigger but it wont shoot it wont leak or anything.

oen thing to share here. if you have on/off, make sure that you turn it all the way up.
    It happened to me before that my setup was firin erratically and it turns out that i didn't turn the on/oof all the way

Lemon Guest
    http://scottplayer.com/agd/lvl10.html

Just trying to help out.

I might need a little help. I just got a retrovalve with a LVL 10 kit already on it. But it didn't come with all the parts. I only have one carrier, no shims, one spring... is there anywhere where I can get the rest of it? I haven't been able to test it yet, my HPA is a LP crossfire, so I only have 450psi output. Maybe it'll just work, but I'd still like to have the rest of the kit just in case...

DK1

you need at least 800psi to make it work

yeah, but I might be able to test it with someone else's tank... like I said, maybe the thing will just be working

DK1

true

Im having some trouble installing my level ten. I installed according to directions without shims and it gased up ok. When i added two shims it leaked, so i took a shim out and it still had a constant slow leak. When i would hold the trigger down the leak would stop. So i went to the next carrier down added two shims and it started to leak again. The leaking seemed to stop with one shim and the original spring. When i changed springs to test a new spring there was a slow leak down the barrel that would stop when i pulled the trigger but when firing there wasnt consistent air pressure running through the gun and at points it would slowly leak down the barrel. I ended up giving up and putting my old setup back in because i didnt have anything to check velocity. It seemed to shoot best with no shims in it ( the most consistent) Is it possible to not need shims? It would bounce of the squeegee that i put in, and some air would vent out the front of the bolt when that happend. I assume that is the proper venting going on. I am going to try to set it up again this weekend when i have access to a chrono.
    Last edited by btspin81; 09-17-2003 at 08:20 AM.

Level 10 almost working fully

-HI

ok, heres the deal. I have a classic RT now with level 10 installed (kind of). my current setup is 2.0 carrier w/ 2 shims. I have no leak at all (YEEEEAAAAAA!!!), but when i pull the trigger fast, a few shots i get pushhhhhh. then it goes back fireing. Also, when i place the squeegy in front of the bolt it seems like it hits hard against it. I don't think i would want to put my tounge infront of the bolt (like in the movie off the cd) That might hurt. Is there anyway of correcting these probs? I shot about 40 balls out rapid firing and they shot great and got no pushhhh. But the pushhhh (when dry fireing) once in a while bugs me and the bolt which seems like it is hitting to hard also does. Thanks for the help.

-Mark

I'm not sure this is a problem with the L10 itself. I've tried many combos of shims/carriers and everything usually ends up with the gun going full auto each press of the trigger. I suspect my trigger rod may be off? Currently have 3 shims and the 2.5 carrier in case anyone wants to know.

This thread is friggin huge . I went to page 3 then my head started to hurt so.. yea..

1. With my mag gassed and ready, itll slightly leak down the barrel. I didnt even notice it till the end of the day. The only way to get it to stop is to put a little tension on the trigger. Does this mean I have to add a shim or take one out? Right now its stock. 1.5 and 1 shim I believe. I didnt mess with the valve/bolt at all, so im guessing its just getting broken in. But I need to have this fixed before this weekend. Sooo, any help is friggin great!

i just took the level 10 from my mag and put it into my emag, but when i turn up the velocity, it will shoot and then start leaking air out of the back allen wrench hole. Why?

this is different

i just installed my level 1o with the proper carrier and i went to install shims and it wouldn't work, so i just left those out, then i went to change springs and it wouldnt fire with any of the springs that were in the kit, so i am using the stock, so basically by using just the carrier i get the chop bounce and gun fires great seems weird not having to use any sims or different springs, but kit works it vents when it comes in contact with a potential ball chop and resets allowing the ball to drop in no problem anyone else had this kind of luck?
    Yah uh huh thats a hit!

My feed back
    https://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=73287

Blurry Yes. i just use the .5 carrier and no shims, at all. i use the small spring the LX came with, which is almost the same length as the stock spring.

aight kewl

aight sounds awesome