Page 11 of 77 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161 ... LastLast

Thread: ** Official Level 10 Problems Thread **

my bolt wiggles some when its on the power tube

it was the bolt stem

got it all fixed

thanks guys

Quick Disconnect

Question, I was reading about the remaining pressure in the LX with a fixed tank setup.

I have a SS line, with a quick disconnect. Do I *need* a slide check? Or will the QD do alright?

Once you turn off the air supply, you have maybe 1-2-3 shots left. Pull the trigger to let out all the air you can, depending on your settings, you may even be able to move the front of the bolt a bit to release a little more air. All this should leave you with about 300psi +/- 100, so a slide check or pro-connect is not NEEDED but they do help. I personally dont use any right now. If there is enough pressure left in the lines though, you have a chance of blowing out the o'ring in the female part of the Q/D.

Depending on your set-up and tank, there are ways of releasing all of the pressure before disconnecting the lines.

LX problem i think

i have had my LX in for a few weeks and it worked perfectly then the other day i gased it up and a whole lot of air came out of the barrel like a bat out of hell. it was by no means a small leak. i kow the it may leak sometimes when the o-ring gets fitted but i thought thats just a small leak. whats the deal?

you may have the same problem of a bolt stem that fell out of place. have you done anything like change bodies or barrels?

nope. left it alone

nope. left it alone.

LEVEL 10 BOLT DOES NOT MOVE AT ALL!!

the bolt doesnt move at all when i set up my lx kit. yes, i have the pressure set very high. output is at 800 and velocity is all the way up. i tried just about every combination of springs, shims and carriers and no luck.
    ------------------------------------------------
    Email----> Drummr8@hotmail.com
    AOL IM----> DruMmR686 or pbdrummr6
    Feedback----> Click Here
    "For A wounded man shall say to his assailant, 'If I live, I will kill you; If I die, you are forgiven. Such is the rule of Honor." -Omerta, Lamb of God

what are the details of your set-up? how many turns did you give the velocity adjuster?

check to see if the bolt alone fits in the body and barrel ok.

i have the number 2 carrier and no shims. shortest spring. i tried pretty much all the combinations. and i know that the velocity is all the way up becuz it vented in my face and then i turned it down like a half turn. im pretty sure the bolt fits becuz it moved sum b4, but a very small amount and that was when i turned the pressure down, which makes no sense to me.

take the valve out and the bolt off. stick the bolt in the body and make sure it fits.

these may be some dumb questions but I'll ask anyway.

are you sure the o'ring is in the proper side of the carrier? (the one where it fits nice and easy)

did you put the carrier in the powertube o'ring side first?

are you using the new powertube tip(the one with a wrench style top)

The bolt does fit in the body. and to all those questions, yes.

still getting chops
    shot my emag today or at least tried
    current set up:
    Emag
    Vert Feed body
    Halo b (fresh batts)
    Freak+stock barrel
    geddon running ~1000 PSI output
    middle spring
    #1 carrier
    1 shim
    (as set by agd techs when it was in 2 weeks ago)
    no matter how i configure the gun it still chops 4 bounce paint. What am i doing wrong?
    Gecko
    Aka tech
    Chuff
    Chuff

drummr6 Throw in your level 7 parts and see if the marker works properly.

Gecko back your input psi to about 800-850. See if the 1.5 carrier leaks, if it doesnt, see if the 2.0 carrier leaks. Make sure your spring has the cut side on the bolt. The AGD techs may have left you with a carrier that was a little tight so you wouldnt have to break it in. That would make it hit harder due to the need for more pressure. Go for the biggest carrier that doesnt leak. If you want it even softer, goto the long spring(after trying the bigger carriers)

if it is the bolt stem...?

if it is a loose bolt stem that is causing the leak(see above post ^ ) what can be done about it?

Just read the thread over, it happens and has been explained a few times.

Just by reading the thread over most problems are covered since certain problems have certain solutions, pretty much everything has been covered in this thread, all the info is here, just read.

except my problem.....

LA690.
    Check your reg seat (is it RT valve) make sure its fited in the back half of the reg (if RT valve) and clean and stuff like that, drop of oil and so on and so forth!!!
    Gaz

as it turns out drummr6's problem is that he lengthened his trigger rod length so the sear couldnt let go of the bolt. He's working on it.

Piston on the SuperBolt II

My Piston on my SuperBolt II was came off the bolt. It got stuck down in my valve were i had to take everything out and redo everything. Now I tried to put it back on by pushin it but it statied on for like 3 shots and come off again and took it a oart to get it out now it is lyin next to me and i have no idea what to do because i can't get the piston to go all the way into the bolt. i need help, please respond.

my little issue

OK, here goes.

ReTro Valve, intelliframe, crossfire 68/3k preset (850psi), #1 carrier, long spring (tried others), 3 shims.

Problem: Gun shoots reliably on each pull. Level ten functioning, as far as anti-chop is concerned. There is a SIGNIFICANT pause after a shot before the sear rod resets against the trigger (so another shot is possible). I tried adjusting the velocity, all the way down till it doesn't shoot, all the way up till it won't screw in any further. #1.5 carrier leaks. Tried medium and short springs to no avail. Please help!

Did you ever screw around with your trigger rod like I did? my gun did exactly what yours is doing and I'm pretty sure its the trigger rod...

Spurt Problem

Ok, I've had my LX for about five months now, and the last few times I've had it out, I've had a bit of a problem...

The first shot in a string goes pfft, then normally untill I stop the string.

Could I get the theory on how to get this fixed? I've gone up and down a carrier size, and tried adding shims untill I ran out.

My starting config was #2 carrier. 2.5 was too loose, 1.5 was too tight. 3 shimms to start, middle spring. Desired velocity is 250'ish. The oring is well broken in, and I've oiled it well.

EDIT: Flatline is set at aprox 850-900. (Be nice if the gaugue was a bit bigger )

Emag
    middle spring
    4 shims? It won't leak with 4 and resets good.
    .5 carrier
    Input pressure is usually at about 850.
    MROF is 13. I run a Revy.

My efficiency is crap, 1000 out of a 68/45.

I've been getting some chops, and it seems the bolt still has a little force behind it.

Any solutions?

Bam86 use some high strength loctite to secure the piston.

shadow462 check your on/off pin, on/off o'rings, clean and oil your valve.

Strider stay with the 2 carrier and try less shims. Are you chrono'ing down in the 250's with the cut spring? If not then goto the short spring.

obsolete898 All your problems might be solved just by going with a larger carrier(the largest that doesnt leak). It will require less pressure to move the bolt and less pressure means slower bolt speed(a tighter carrier does NOT slow the bolt down more). Also make sure cut side of spring is on the bolt.

YAY... sorta

Havoc, thanks so much! The problem has been alleviated. Now I have an all new one for you! I can shoot strings fine, but first shot in a line (or single shots) are not firing fully. (As if they're getting caught on a ball.) It does this with no paint, and no barrel. Good luck, men!

how much air do you have left in your tank and are you sure your velocity is high enough?

over 2000psi in the tank, no idea of the velocity as i have no chrono yet :-(. I'll try turning it up, it's probably low...

If you pull the trigger really fast does that change anything? The only thing you're probably doing different by shooting single shots and rapid fire strings is how fast you pull the trigger. That might be changing how it behaves.