Page 34 of 77 FirstFirst ... 2430313233343536373844 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,020 of 2284

Thread: ** Official Level 10 Problems Thread **

Quote Originally Posted by REDRT
    After sifting though all the posts I still didn't find the exact help I was looking for. So I bought this LvL 10 bolt for my classic rt. It has the (.5/.316) carrier in it. The o-ring is well broke in now. The next size carrier (1/.318) will have a slight leak. I can do 3 shimes. The 4th will leak. The longest spring with the kit shots at 299fps plus. So I dropped to the middle spring that was supplied with the kit. Now it is shoooting reliably at 280/290fps. Everything is ok, but it still hits with some force. I did the dollar test like in the video and it will shove it right into the barrel pretty hard! So I tried putting a smaller carrier (0/.314)w/ the broke in o-ring in to put more drag on the bolt. I had to turn the velocity nut up a bit to compensate with no luck with the buck test. I've replaced the regulator piston w/the springs, the on/off valve pin and the o-rings in the valve thus far. Now if the field gets some less fragile paint like they say, it will most likely be fine. Before the level 10 a couple hundred breaks out of a case and now under a hundred. Still not the best, but I'm getting there. Any suggestions to improve this situation is appreciated. Thanks
    I have the middle spring in and have the smallest carrier. I have also gone to no shimms and has been alot lighter on paint. i have had no breaks in 2 cases of paint so far. it got lighter on the paint when i went from 2 shims to 0 shims.

if i were to buy a level 10 for my MiniMag valve could i send it all to agd to tune it for me?
    Life is too short to be miserable.

AGD>SP
    ICD>SP
    EVERYONE>SP

Quote Originally Posted by kungfuhampster11
    if i were to buy a level 10 for my MiniMag valve could i send it all to agd to tune it for me?
    I don't know for sure, you should call them and see. If they don't, then contact Tunaman. He'll set you up nice.
    The arrogance of other people annoys me. My own doesn't bother me a bit.

My Feedback

Micro mag leak

I finally got my x valve in to my micro mag and it's leaking like a mad man down the barrel. I took the X valve out of my classic mag and the carrier shim set up seemd to work just fine. I have tried different springs too - but to no avail. Any Info guys?????
    thanks!
    "Exactly how big were those 2 beers?"

Feedback at https://www.automags.org/forums/showt...hreadid=129975

Quote Originally Posted by psychobillygoat
    I finally got my x valve in to my micro mag and it's leaking like a mad man down the barrel. I took the X valve out of my classic mag and the carrier shim set up seemd to work just fine. I have tried different springs too - but to no avail. Any Info guys?????
    thanks!
    Do you have two x-valves or just the one? I dont quite understand what you've got going on here.

I do have 2 x valves. But I am only concerned with the one. They are identical except the one I am putting on my micromag does not have ULT. The valve came straight out of my classic, which worked fine. I installed it on my micro mag and it imidiately started leaking down the barrel. I tried different shim combos and tried all the springs. I didn't do anything with the carrier because it seemed to be working good on my classic and don't see how it would cause the leak by switching bodies. I thought i remembered a thread which someone suggested a longer on/off pin but I couldn't find the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by ejm
    I have the middle spring in and have the smallest carrier. I have also gone to no shimms and has been alot lighter on paint. i have had no breaks in 2 cases of paint so far. it got lighter on the paint when i went from 2 shims to 0 shims.
    Isn't the shims supposed to vent the air sooner so it is lighter hitting on the ball? What paint were you using? Sever huricain isn't working for me.

with a ule body, if the back frame screw is tightened too much, it will cause leaking down the barrel. im not sure if this is also the case with a micromag, but you might want to try loosening the screw to see if that helps.
    xvalve, ule body, logic vert frame, WWA barrel
    68/30 PE nitro tank
    cp unimount
    halo B

I have a go x-valve and there is a MASSIVE leak down the barrel. I have checked everything in the valve like power tube assembley and the on/off. The only thing i can see as the problem is the lvl 10. PLZ HELP!

Quote Originally Posted by SanDiegoMag
    I have a go x-valve and there is a MASSIVE leak down the barrel. I have checked everything in the valve like power tube assembley and the on/off. The only thing i can see as the problem is the lvl 10. PLZ HELP!
    It sounds like you need to go to a smaller carrier. Have you tried moving your carrier o-ring to the next smaller carrier? What size carrier are you using now?

yeah it sounds like the carrier is to large...are you using a aftermarket frame?
    who cares how your marker looks...just move fast and shoot straight

I have a ULE body, and I dont know the carrier size because I dont know where to find a carrier in my bolt/valve.

Quote Originally Posted by Plazmic
    I had that same problem. I took a new pencil with a flat, clean eraser, and pushed it down. It was just stuck or something.
    Ok, I'm littery hitting this thing as hard as I can. It just won't go in.

And a double weird thing is, my LvL 7 power tube tip will fit, but the lvl 10 one wont

Another thing, does anyone have a spare backing washer for a LvL10 lieing around? I would get one from AGD but won't it cost me like $3 for shipping..if so just PM me and I'd worship you.
    Last edited by HurleyHero67; 05-10-2004 at 11:52 AM.

won't fire

Hey Guy's
    Received my level 10 kit and installed with no problem. Had to also purchase new reg. piston for higher velocity. My problem is that the marker (RT) will stop firing completely after a few hopper's of paint but if I push the bolt assembly up with my thumb the gun fire's again as long as I hold it. I went through all the possible combo's for o-rings and the gun does'nt leak and is well lubed. please help love the mod as long as it works.

hey guys...i cant think of anything else that would do this, so im going to think its the lvl10. ok, i have an emag that has alot of bounce in all modes, so i know its not just a problem with the electronics giving the bounce. my question is, could the lvl10 do this? and if so, what can be done to stop it?

i have a tourney this weekend, and dont want to get caught for having bounce, so if someone can help, id really appreciate it.
    President Of the UW-Madison Badger Ballers

AO Feedback

1 of 35 SFL Emags VV02746
    Silver Karta/Logic RT Winner:GOTM Most Bling for December VV04971
    Sydarm SY00715
    Nelspot (under restoration)

Quote Originally Posted by HurleyHero67
    And a double weird thing is, my LvL 7 power tube tip will fit, but the lvl 10 one wont

Another thing, does anyone have a spare backing washer for a LvL10 lieing around? I would get one from AGD but won't it cost me like $3 for shipping..if so just PM me and I'd worship you.
    I would recommend you remove everything and try it again. Make sure nothing is goin gin at an angle and make sure everything is going in in the right order. Go through the instructional CD carefully and take your time.

Other than that, all I can suggest is that you arrange to send it to Tunaman for help.

Sorry I ccan't think of anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by mag/cocker lover
    hey guys...i cant think of anything else that would do this, so im going to think its the lvl10. ok, i have an emag that has alot of bounce in all modes, so i know its not just a problem with the electronics giving the bounce. my question is, could the lvl10 do this? and if so, what can be done to stop it?

i have a tourney this weekend, and dont want to get caught for having bounce, so if someone can help, id really appreciate it.
    I'm afraid I don't know much about the E-mag, but I don't think the level 10 can effect your bounce. The reactivity of the trigger is related to the regulator and the on/off. The level 10 doesn't really change any of the air pressure the is directed at the trigger system or the on/off.

Have you made any other changes to your E-mag lately? Have you tried it with the old bolt just in case?

I have a ULE body, and I dont know the carrier size because I dont know where to find a carrier in my bolt/valve.
    I think you need to sit down and go through the information on your install CD. The carrier is inside the powertube and is the part that carries the little o-ring that the bolt slides through. It will have markings on the outside of the carrier.

Quote Originally Posted by John Wilmoth
    Hey Guy's
    Received my level 10 kit and installed with no problem. Had to also purchase new reg. piston for higher velocity. My problem is that the marker (RT) will stop firing completely after a few hopper's of paint but if I push the bolt assembly up with my thumb the gun fire's again as long as I hold it. I went through all the possible combo's for o-rings and the gun does'nt leak and is well lubed. please help love the mod as long as it works.
    I think (THINK) that you need to remove a shim or two. If that doesn't work, try adding one. I can't remember exactly which way to go on this one, sorry. I think that's the right direction to look in, though.

Also, make sure your field strip pin is a little tighter than just hand tight. Give it just a little more with an allen wrench. It could be that your valve is just a little out of alignment.

here comes my problem
    i got old automag classic & i get level 10 week ago - i use now shortest spring, 1.5 carrier, and 2 shims - first my gun was leaking from bolt & back .
    I made some changes to piston reg . -gun stop leaking from back - good then i start with cariers - number 1,5 stop leaking from bolt - ok so it should be good so i try chrono on middle spring... 360 fps... i try to change preasure but gun stop shooting . So i changed spring to short one again chrono...330 - i cant go down below it .what can i do ?

Well, when I had my classic and put my LX on there for the first time, I had to use my old spring from my level 7 bolt. None of the springs from the LX kit would work for me.

I ordered my replacement reg piston. I took out the old and put in the new. Unfortunately, I can not longer get the valve to air up. I connect my HPA and crank the On/off and nothing happens. No leaks....nothing. It's too late for me to troubleshoot know. I know the HPA is working, and the On/Off was fine last I checked. Not sure what I did wrong. Any ideas welcome. Thanks in advance.
    :o
    As far as I know this is the case with all A.I.R. valves. If you want to be sure about it, though, you should just call up AGD and ask them. They'll give you an absolute answer. In my experience, though, all of the classic valves have a vent pressure that is too low and will generally need the new reg piston to run the Level 10 well. It's worth the investment.

AGD Numbers:

Office Telephone: (847) 520-7507
    Tech Support Telephone: (847) 520-7225

Is it possible you put the piston in backwards?

Well, when I had my classic and put my LX on there for the first time, I had to use my old spring from my level 7 bolt. None of the springs from the LX kit would work for me.
    I checked also my stock spring -same 330+ fps

Quote Originally Posted by Sirian
    I checked also my stock spring -same 330+ fps
    Sorry Sirian, this one's out of my abilities. I hope that someone else can help. MAybe post a seperate thread with your problem and someone else will notice it there. I've had to do that here once or twice. You might also consider calling AGD Tech support line and seeing what ideas they might have.

Good luck!

Nope, thankfully it was late and it was simply my on/off valve. All is working well now that I have my head out of my tukus. Just need to tweak the mag, not my tukus, from here. Sorry to have wasted anybody's time, including my own.
    Is it possible you put the piston in backwards?

Quote Originally Posted by SwinGenX
    Nope, thankfully it was late and it was simply my on/off valve. All is working well now that I have my head out of my tukus. Just need to tweak the mag, not my tukus, from here. Sorry to have wasted anybody's time, including my own.
    No problem. No wasted time as long as you're happy and enjoying your Mag!

Viva la Automag!!

two things

Quote Originally Posted by CenterFire
    As clarification, when I fully assemble the valve and etc, other than the bolt and spring, everything seems normal. When I try and slide the bolt onto the assembly, it doesnt slide down the power tube. It stops a little less than an inch from where the bumper normally is. And after testing, we came to the conclusion that the wider part of the power piston is too wide to fit through the power tube tip...
    Two thing I thought I'd throw in as just a double check advice. First, is the carrier you are using too small for the bolt to fit through in which case switch to a looser one (more lines). Second, is your power tube tip tightened all the way down, so that there is no gap between it and the power tube itself.

lvl 10 and compressed vs. co2

I just installed my lvl 10, as far as i can tell everything is working fine now that i have tuned everything. However, I tuned it with CO2 and I just got Compressed Air, will I need to change settings or will I be able to improve anything as far as the lvl10 setup goes, cuz right now I am having to use the small spring that came with the kit. Also, i got a small compressed air (48cu/3000psi) and it has a set pressure(i.e. no regulator) will that make me shoot hot even with the lvl 10 in or does it matter.