Page 15 of 77 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565 ... LastLast

Thread: ** Official Level 10 Problems Thread **

Re: little ditty

Originally posted by shadow462
    More of a foamie problem than a level ten problem. I keep shooting the darn things out. The one that came on the gun shot out 3 weeks ago. I put a replacement on with hard epoxy the next day. Lost it again last weekend. What am I doing wrong? I scored the bolt face, and the epoxy remained on the bolt itself, apparently the foamie didn't adhere properly. Thanks!

never had a problem with mine..... couple drops of superglue did the trickfor me
    Taking a long needed leave of the sport to finish school and tour the country

b2k3w/pds, vaporized, vapor valve, aka sidewinder, chaos chip, palmer rock lpr, CP barrels, 68/45 hyperflow

B2k3 w/pds and bunch of upgrades for sale

super glue doesnt work

both my foamies that came with my lvl 10 are gone laying out on the field somewhere. I used super glue and 90 sec epoxy. Neither worked even after I scored the bold face. It seems to shoot fine without a foamy, I havent had any ball woble, But if someone knows of a better glue i could use please let me know

Just go get a better quality Super glue and let it cure for at least a day outside of the valve assembly.

Need A simple solution to a simple problem

Played with the LX bolt today, works wonders, no mechanical problems at 240- 235 fps (yeah its kinda low), CO2, Standard PFL, Smart Parts 16" 2 Piece AA.

This on occasion this would happen to me: after the bolt would "activate" its antichop function i noticed it would shove the first ball in the barrel while the partialy, stacking/feeding the subsequent ball. Sometimes this would result in a double ball feed, which i can shot out no probs. On 2 occasions it would just hang the bolt back, the bolt impacting on the misfed ball. in which case i have to turn the gun upsidedown, fire a clearing shot and continue. Any similar experinces? Im guessing i might hafta get a motorized hopper. Any similar experinces? what do yall do?

If your double feeding, check your nubbin.do you have plastic or wire? what type of barrel?

when the bolt pinches a ball, the shot before should have already left the barrel.

are you short stroking?

My nubbins are plastic and they go in as far as they should. Smart Parts 2 piece, 14", AA. Im guessing i am short stroking, ive got the snap and timing down on the mag pretty well. Thnx!

Something that's easy to miss with aftermarket barrels and plastic nubbins is that not all barrels are made right. I'm not too sure about Smart Farts but if the grove is too deep then once a ball is in the barrel, the nubbin may not be in contact with anything to put pressure on the ball. A lot of barrels are still being made in mind of using the wire nubbins, not the plastic which needs a good fit.(just an idea, something to check)

Ok - read the whole thread, I think.

Seems like reg piston time - I have the "loosest" carrier that will work w/o leaks, but can't get it to fire with anything other than the old spring before it vents out the back of the reg. Tried a reg piston from another, probably newer mag and it was better but not quite there.

In other words, it leaks down the barrel until velocity is high enough to leak out the back. While it is leaking out the back, it operates fine - shoots good and the pencil test works fine.

That make sense? Too much Jim Beam while working on it might be an issue.

sounds like the reg. piston.

I'm trying to put a LVL10 into my RT pro. I'm nearly positive I have the right carrier as the next smaller is very tight and the next larger leaks a lot. I'm using two shims and the longest spring.

However the pin that my trigger pushes to fire is not coming all the way forward so I cannot fire the gun. I actually managed to fire it by pressing the pin with a small allen wrench. I've tried all the springs and nothing seems to work.

Any ideas?

Raise the velocity until it fires. If it leaks out the back go to the next smallest spring. Repeat process

well I see you did the springs but did you try raising velocity?

I'm at the smallest spring with velocity cranked and that pin still isn't coming out like normal

dont' know what to say
    have you messed with the trigger rod god forbid? hehe

Nope didn't touch the trigger rod at all. It seems very odd that it won't come out.

alrighty, put back the original powertube etc etc in and see if it works. If it doesn't then there has to be something non lvl10 related

dave_p Guest
    minimag 15xxx
    intelliframe
    1.5 carrier
    2shims
    medium spring
    fires good, resets good, could be softer but vents with longest spring.

at the end of the bolt stroke it is marring the breech of my barrel(stock minimag). it is not dragging streaks down the barrel, it is leaving rings around the inside circumference of the barrel @ the last 1/4 inch on the bolt travel. it is clearing the end of the barrel fine, no marks there. is this from the dreaded barrel wobble? there is a perfect round line at the end of the bolt stroke.

does this seem normal? anything i can or should do??

*edit*this thing is really doing a number on my barrel that was pristine after 4 years of level 7 use. the breech is taking a beating, it doesnt seem right to me.
    Last edited by dave_p; 02-03-2003 at 09:01 PM.

Ok, getting frustrated. No leaks with two shims and the two band carrier, everything seems fine BUT..

Can't get velocity up over 270 reliably without venting out the back. Put a brand new reg piston in and it helped but did not get me in the game. Using the shortest spring as well. Larger carrier = leaks down barrel. Higher pressure to make it shoot, OK. Higher pressure to make it shoot in the 270-280 range, venting out back.

This is an older mag - are there any other wear items besides the reg piston that might contribute to this?

Thanks

Brian

JShadow How many turns did you give the velocity? as Law said, sounds like your trigger rod length may be off, could you check it?(1.98").

dave_p dont put pressure on the barrel when you fire. Take bolt out and barrel off, see how the bolt fits the barrel.

Aegis take your valve out and see how the bolt fits inside the body(check if there's any hang-up or resistance)

Thanks for the reply. The bolt fits fine in the body and the barrel. No resistance or binds.

It is right on the edge of working fine with the short spring - once velocity is up around 280, I get a verrrry faint leak out the back.

Called AGD today, they said I should send the reg piston in and get a replacement - newer pistons should blow off at 50PSI more than the older pistons.

so we can send in the old piston and get a free replacement??? Well then, I am not going to order one

dave_p Guest

havoc

the bolt slides into the barrel fine all the way, no friction or anything. when im firing im not putting any kind of pressure on the barrel. its not scraping as its going in. its more at the end of the stroke though, just before it returns. wierd. my level 7 bolt swished that barrel, never left a mark. i know the lvl10 bolt is larger. if other people are having similar problems i wont feel so bad. id just hate for a 85 dollar bolt to put me out a 55 dollar barrel. i will say this the bolt seems a little looser on the power tube than the level 7, i will verify this later.

my new setup is minimag valve, intelliframe, 1.5 carrier, 2 shims, and short spring. cut spring was unreliable. i was getting either venting out rear or bolt stick and sometimes barrel leak. once i dropped down a spring the stick and venting appear to be alleviated. i can still induce barrel leaks by physically moving the valve or fiddling with the field strip screw .next smaller carrier will be tight though and i can get the leaking to stop by fiddling. does this happen to many folks?

also once in a while if i put a little pressure on the trigger it will hiss until i fire and then it will stop.

hey, thanks a million for keeping us all going here, youve been at this for quite a while now and you seem to be keeping your patience.
    Last edited by dave_p; 02-04-2003 at 08:30 PM.

hmmm...Im having trouble understanding what's going on. I am really tired right now so plz forgive me, lol. Anyway you could take some pics of whats going on? your field strip screw shouldnt be too tight, hand tight is fine even just over hand tight but not too much. As for the leaks your getting, just goto the next smaller carrier and see if that breaks in so it's not so tight, if your lucky you'll end up with a good final fit. If not, personally I'd start over with a new o'ring.

hey, thanks a million for keeping us all going here, youve been at this for quite a while now and you seem to be keeping your patience.
    Thanks a bunch, that'll keep me going for another few pages, lol. seriously, I'm just trying to help, although sometimes I dont come to this thread as often as I used to. I can fix pretty much anything in my hands, it's just hard to solve problems over text sometimes or I'm just exhausted of posting the same solutions other times. doing my best follow up and I'll figure something out!

dave_p Guest
    trying to get some clear pictures of the barrel marring, not working out. will have something tomorrow. im thinking about sanding down the wide end of the bolt a wee bit(even though it seems to fit the barrel ok). ive got emerycloth, 220 and 500 grit. any suggestions?

I haven't had my emag for long and i bought it used with the lv10 already in it. Now I am still chopping and I have the longest spring in. What can be done from there?
    2k2 Tricked Impy

Originally posted by ChillinDaMost87
    I haven't had my emag for long and i bought it used with the lv10 already in it. Now I am still chopping and I have the longest spring in. What can be done from there?
    What kind of velocity are you shooting? What is your feed system setup? What kind of paint are you shooting? What is the temperature outside? What kind of barrel are you using? Do you have wire nubbins or plastic nubbins?

Details, Details, Details...

~292 fps. warp feed on a warp feed body w/ 12v x board. mid 30's (cold). fresh anarchy. full freak kit (used right insert) don't know what you mean by nubbins

Another thing is sometimes it seems like its short stroking even though it shouldnt technically be able to do that in electric mode. Not often but when i get really sloppy and fast on the trigger it does it. is that maybe the noise of the bolt closing on a ball but not breaking? I'm not sure what it is.

dave_p any followups? dont take too much off the bolt, try working on the inside of the barrel.

ChillinDaMost87 it sounds a lot like a nubbin(ball detent) issue. It's very easy to mistaken the LX pinching a ball for short stroking. My guess is it's happening because your nubbin isnt doing it's job so the balls get misplaced messing everything up. check your nubbins on the barrel.(if you dont have them already, get plastic)

dave_p Guest
    havoc, thanks for all the help.
    ive come to a conclusion. im not sanding anything. it has occured to me that if i spend 85 dollars on an upgrade, from the manufacturer, it should be compatible with the manufacturers product. no sanding, no buying another 30$ worth of parts to make it work, no weeks of setup. its absurd. i understand all the intricacies of the operation, break in, and so on. have followed directions to the letter, excercised the options and have come to the conclusion that i may have recieved a defective product and im gonna call for a replacement. and maybe a replacement for my barrel as well.
    this thing should drop in and work if all the instructions are followed the right way and all the equipment was made by the same company and you shell out 85 dollars. i understand it comes with a whole slew of extra parts to make up for any inconsistencies between tolerances etc(i highly applaude AGD for this, noone else would do this for its customers). it should not be marking up my barrel, or leaking if the valve isnt situated just so.

this is not a rage or rant. i appreciate all the help sincerely. im not sour on AGD. im just not a satisfied customer with this one thing.

good post, and a sound decision. let us know how it turns out.