Ok so here is my possible issue. It may just be how my gun is meant to run but it seems a bit unusual based on what everyone online has voice/the instruction stuff. I have a Minimag body w/ a classic valve. I followed the in depth instructions after messing around without much progress for about an hour and they started from scratch... and what do you know... it worked... sort of. The best I have gotten it to work so far is between 0-1 Shims and the shortest(I believe the equivalent of the stock spring) Even with the shortest spring it seems like I have to shoot it what seems a bit hot(I don't have a chrono @ my house but I know it was chronoed w/ the stock spring last time I used it and it was set @ 290. In order to get it to fire properly w/ 1 shim and the stock spring I had to turn it up about and 1/8-1/4 turn to get it shooting solid. Now when I try to get work w/ the middle spring and 1 shim I end up needing to turn the pressure up until it starts to venting down the barrel and I can get it to shoot. My thought was that I need to trim my middle spring to about 1/2 way between the stock one and what it is @ now. If this could be a shim/carrier issue that I am overlooking please let me know. Thanks
-Dan