Page 19 of 77 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122232969 ... LastLast

Thread: ** Official Level 10 Problems Thread **

Venting

My X-Mag began venting down the barrel today. I guess that means I need to go in and change to a smaller carrier. Do the level 10's get broken in and require this kind of change?

new level 10 not working

I just bought a level 10 and I put it in (#2 carrier, 2 shims, medium spring) and when i first gased it up air started rushing down the barrel. I then changed the inside a bit, experimented and i realized that maybe if i turned up the velocity it would be fine and shoot good and I could then play. I crank up the velocity (while still leaking quite a bit), and it actually starts firing but skips shots, the bolt goes half way on the first pull and completely fires on the second. Then I mess with the velocity a bit more and out of 5 pulls of the trigger, the bolt completely closes off the breach maybe 1-2 times. what do I do?

-HellFish
    Jungle Sunset Micromag 2000 RT

Fnoskar try the .5 carrier. Please read over the thread for more info on certain problems.

Maclete just go down a carrier and you'll be fine.

maglover52 try the .5 carrier, take apart the valve and oil everything up real good since it's a new Xvalve, it'll need some breaking in, look at diagrams and make sure everythings in the right place. make sure you bolt fits your body. also, whats your input pressure?

crankydan it's your call. IMO the longest spring is overkill, I can pinch the worst paint with the cut springs(just make sure your using the biggest carrier that doesnt leak, it also helps. If you dont need shims, dont use them). On a side note, newer pistons will vent at a bit higher psi if you need one later(not sure if they are out yet)

archdemon yes, you CAN use Co2 with the level 10 on a non-RT/X type valve. if its running full auto, then your trigger rod may be off or you may have a bad sear.(try the cut spring(cut side on bolt) and make sure your chrono'd with a oil'd up valve)

Hemorrhage your air may be dirty or you may of done a messy job with the teflon mounting your new Xvalve. pull your valve out, take the reg off and dig into the reg seat/reg seat holder - then pull out your reg valve pin. check all these things as best you can for anything thats not suposed to be there(dont worry about the white "i ring" thats between the two bottom o'rings on the valve pin, it is suposed to have that slit). then move up to a decent fitting carrier and the cut spring(cut side on bolt of course).

BunkerRat 10-20fps jumps could easily be caused by a not so perfect paint/barrel match.(oil up your valve too)

1stdeadeye right on the money

HellFish go down a carrier(dont use shims if you dont need to)

GhillieGuy you ever get your set-up running?

ben_JD Guest
    Is there a trouble-shooting flowchart for Level 10?

It seems that it would answer more questions and could be used as a quick-reference better than drifting through a 14-page thread.

Thanks

Havoc_Online:

I will try the smaller carrier. I also notice if i hold the trigger back, it will leak as well. I just put on a new Intelliframe but it did it with my stock frame as well.

Thanks for your input.
    I'm the old guy with the old school gun
    that gets the guys with the Angels first.

68 Classic TKO - Lvl10
    14" All American 2002
    System X drop
    Air America Reg 68/4500
    Soon to be ULE with X-Valve

Re: Thanks

Originally posted by Maclete
    Havoc_Online:

I will try the smaller carrier. I also notice if i hold the trigger back, it will leak as well. I just put on a new Intelliframe but it did it with my stock frame as well.

Thanks for your input.
    Your on/off orings are bad. Replace them and you should be fine.

Re: Re: Thanks

Originally posted by pbzmag

Your on/off orings are bad. Replace them and you should be fine.
    Thanks, I'll give that a try. The notch in the on off is in the up or out side position correct? When I pulled it apart with one of the Mag guys at the field, it was notch down from the factory, but he said it should be notch up.

Thanks for your input.

It's notch down. When you held the trigger down, was the pin notch down or up? If it was up, put it notch down and hold the trigger down to see if it leaks.

i forgot

...as well as it leaking out the barrel it was venting quite a bit out of the velocity screw hole in the back, but doesnt do it when i have the stock bolt and stuff in it.

-HellFish

the notch in the on/off pin goes in last.

Hellfish - replace your reg. piston

Hey I have a problem. I just installed a lvl 10 in my rt and when i put the bolt in the body it gets stuck in the middle. I put the whole valve in and i gas it up, the bolt gets stuck in the middle and the gun does not fire. I cant figure out the problem.

Jarley77 - Did you try without a barrel? LX doesn't really work with small bore barrels. What's your LX setup?

Alright I have done my best reading through this thread trying to find a similar case to mine and I didnt see anything (though I confess I didnt read all 20+ pages).

Anyway this is the problem now. I had the 1.5 carrier and 2 shims installed and there were no leaks (I'm sure of it). I was working on figuring out which spring I think I was having problems with the bolt hitting too hard so I figured I'd add a shim. Well I went to 3 shims and it leaked, but when I took out the 1 it still leaked even though it didnt before! I tried the 1 carrier (wont shoot at even with velocity ALL the way up) and the 2 carrier (leaks like crazy) and switching around the shims, but I cant get it to where it doenst leak again! Right now it's leaking BARELY, it's so very minute but it is clearly leaking. Is it possible that putting carriers/shims/backing washer in and taking them out over and over again would cause this since there werent any leaks with the 1.5/2 shims at first? Should I get new ones?

Also... for some reason the 90 degree elbow that screws into the vertical adapter started leaking too (the mag is 4 days old) but I unscrewed it and put some teflon tape on it and i think it stopped.
    Last edited by tmnothing; 04-12-2003 at 07:56 AM.

While dtermining which carrier to use i forgot to oil the the o-ring on the 1.5 one. So no its stuck in there. I have yet to try the gun with the mod on it(no air), so it may not need to come out anyway, but i really think i should be able to get it out.
    Thanks for any help.
    I love my mag.

Level 10 Question

Everything is working decent with the long spring, 3 shims, 1.5 carrier except when any pressure is applied on the barrel, it seems to leak a bit down the barrel. What would cause this? The bolt will reset good with 3 shims but no as good with two.

Update:
    I dropped down a carrier and it does better. I now have a problem where if I stop firing for a few seconds, it will just burp on the first shot then shoot normal afetr that. I increased my velocity till it starts to hiss. Any ideas?

Thanks.
    Last edited by Emag75; 04-13-2003 at 12:30 AM.

Thanks

Thanks Havoc,

I did go with the cut spring, pinch is about the same as the long one. Everything is working great, I oil prior to every day of play. Still getting a few coughs and venting out the back at 290-295. I guess 270-280 will have to do until I can get the new Reg Piston. Thanks again Havoc.

crankydan

bolt stick

My level 10 on my RT Pro tends to give me bolt stick ALOT. At the start of almost every game I start to play, my gun will simply not fire. After shoving a squeege down it, it will start to fire. About every 5 shots my gun will make a "shhht" sound when I pull the trigger. Also my velocity jumps like mad. Right now I'm at the 1.0 carrier, 2 shims, medium spring. A while back I couldn't even get the medium spring to get below 300.

Still haven't get the X-mag going..!
    The pin behind the trigger doesn't cock up..

One question:
    In manual it's written that in order to remove the bolt from the body you have to have trigger pulled, orignal mode and no safety.

But on my gun none of this have to be done to get the bolt lose?
    Something must be wrong?
    I haven't done anything more then removed the bolt a couple of times.

sorry if this has been answered but i looked through about 10 pages and couldnt find my problem

ok
    i have x-valve-(brand new) automag. with benchy trigger frame and lapco barrel running a 88ci 4500 preset 850 nitro tank.

anyways my level ten works great and functions and everything no problems what so ever with that aspect of it

with the spacers.
    i can't go another size up or down with out leaks.

now my problem is i can NOT get my velocity below 290. and my velocity is all over the place. and i have fired roughly 5-600 times now.

any suggestions?

oil lubing? any suggestions would be great thanks

ok i just got my x-valve, and was tryin to install my lvl 10 in it, but it looks like there's already a shim in there, and i can't get it out anyway i try. any suggestions?

wobbles82

Ok, I changed my carrier to what somebody said would make the trigger problem go away, but now whenever I air up my gun it leaks out of my tank crazily, off the side of the reg. Whats the problem?
    2 da k da 2 Timmah.

Oh..it shoots da 620:1 .No problemo.

If its leaking out of the back of the regulator on the gun then you have the velocity turned up too high. If it doesnt shoot when you turn it down you need a shorter spring.

If it's leaking out of the regulator on your tank then you have a problem that has nothing to do with the Level 10. Maybe a bad o-ring?
    2k3 Equalized Nasty Impulse
    ---------------------------------------
    Crossfire 45/45k
    ---------------------------------------
    AO Feedback
    PBN Feedback
    eBay Feedback

Its leaking down the barrel

Ok, now its leaking down the barrel, I fixed the regulator problem by changing to carrier #2, I used one shim and it had a hard leak down the barrel, then I used a second and it has a light leak down the barrel, also when I hold the trigger in the gas stops leaking down the barrel, but I dont get it everything is in the proper order, what could be the problem? I was at carrier 2 with 1 shim, carrier 2 with o shims, carrier 2 with 2 shims and still leaks, what is going on?!??
    Last edited by wobbles82; 04-20-2003 at 08:26 PM.

Need Help.

Alrighty, this is kind of a wandering thread.
    Firstly, When I installed my Lvl 10 in my mag it did all the funny hissing and such, but after a few minor adjustments it worked fine. It worked perfectly since then...UNTIL..this last tourney I was in. It developed a funny problem which only lasted two games, but was enough to really piss me off. The gun is a automag, with an automag reg on it, no ReTro or X reg. Its had the Turbo drilling applied to it so it can shoot very fast with no drop off, but thats enough about the gun. The problem is, the bolt would pinch a ball and instead of returning to its pre-firing position, it would continue to push against the pinched ball and hiss at me. I tried all kinds of things, pulling the trigger (no effect), pulling the rod the trigger uses to fire forward (no effect), and even cramming the ball into the chamber using a squeegee (worked, but the refs laughed at me). It only did it twice, but seriously, this gun has worked flawlessly and I don't want it to make a habit of screwing up during big games when it has to spit a lot of paint.
    More on that note, whats the story with the hyperframe by centerflag. I wanna go electro, but I'm not sure if I should drop the cash and get a full blown E-mag (I live in New Zealand, and it costs a hell of a lot out here) or should I continue to use my nicely upgraded and personalized mag and put a centerflag frame on it. My pal uses a booyah Elcd grip frame for his mag, but its finicky, and sucks. Same deal with the hyperframe? or are they a bit more reliable? thanks for the help.

my x valve when i have the smallest carrier in it and i gas it up it starts shooting with out pulling the trigger and wont stop until you degas it. but with the second smallest carrier it wont shoot til you pull the trigger then it goes crazy and after like 20 shots it stops and leaks out the barrel? i am haveing troubles

Captain Of
    Triage Kidz

Triage Kidz is looking for members email me for details.

[*IMG]http://fallingaway.com/ao_upload/maglover52_fix.gif[/IMG]
    Filesize too large- Tato
    Proud Owner Of A:

~
    Dust Cobalt DM4

Re: Need Help.

Originally posted by kiwi n0ddy
    More on that note, whats the story with the hyperframe by centerflag. I wanna go electro, but I'm not sure if I should drop the cash and get a full blown E-mag (I live in New Zealand, and it costs a hell of a lot out here) or should I continue to use my nicely upgraded and personalized mag and put a centerflag frame on it. My pal uses a booyah Elcd grip frame for his mag, but its finicky, and sucks. Same deal with the hyperframe? or are they a bit more reliable? thanks for the help.
    I had a Hyperframe for my mag. When I upgraded to the LX, I had problems firing. So I upgraded to the IFrame. I still had the HF and bought spare parts to make a backup mag. Now that I bought a used Retro, I tried it out on the HF w/LX and worked perfectly. If you lack funds for the emag, get the HF but be prepared to run into some problems. Also there were also some others who did get the HF work with a regular valve with LX.

Well, I didn't see that this problem was posted, but I could have easily missed it. I have a minimag and I'm using the bronze spring, 2 shims, and the carrier with only 1 dot (.5 I think?). I'm having a problem where I get unbeleivable shootdown, after around 4 bps the ball will just roll out of my barrel. I tried switching to the next larger carrier, but when I do I get a slight leak down the powertube for a little bit after I shoot, so I think the carrier I have is the largest one I can really use without having leaking problems. Any ideas? Thanks.

EDIT: I was chronoing around 280 yesterday, when I was having problems.
    Last edited by Ejp414; 04-23-2003 at 11:39 AM.
    Proud Owner of a Phantom, Mag, and Tippmann

hey man the level 10 gets realy picky when you shoot at such a low speed of 220-230 i found that out. if you maybe higher your volocity that might get rid of the problem. the levl 10 is mainly for high speeds your levl 10 can be chop free with speeds up to 400fps.. try that man hope it works for you

What the???

Whats the story... i have a mag with a lvl 10 installed, i was at a tourney last weekend and i chopped a paintball.
    whats up with that????

i got so used to taking my sqeegie onto the field but not needing it, that for one game i decided to not take it and i chopped one...

gotta love the Murphy guy... him and his stoopid law.

later.
    nods

Damage Inc NZ
    www.titaniumpaintball.com

Its been awhile since I have read the entier thread so I apologize if this has been brought up before. My brother was out to day with his XMag and he noticed he was having problems with chops. When he took the marker apart he saw the bolt spring had broken. I am pretty sure he was using the cut spring with his level 10. I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem?