Page 27 of 77 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast

Thread: ** Official Level 10 Problems Thread **

Help save christmas

i have had my lx for awhlie but i haven't shot it in a while and for christmas i got a ule and a benchmark body rail and after 2-3 shots it will start leaking through the lx and it completely depressureizes and i have to gas it up all over again but it starts back. Please help
    -wdp angel speed matte silver
    -crossfire fiberwraped 68 4500, 6 03
    -evo 2 with z board and impellers, 24 bps
    BMX
    -Tan macneil ruben
    -black odyssey dirt forks with 990
    -blue evolver front black ditech hombre back
    -black ruben stem
    -black fit team bars
    -odyssey hazard lite black wheelset 14t freewheel
    -silver macneil 39t guard sprocket
    -black demolition shorty seat
    -black demolition seat post and grey grips
    -black odyseey clenscki pedals
    -black profile cranks
    -blue slick cabels

Ok, I went through all the steps, and when I pul the trigger, not a thing happens, I turned up the velocity, and air started firing out every where. Ive tried the smallest and second smallest carriers along with 1, 2, or 3 shims. And the same thing happens, I finally got one shot off, and then air started shooting out again. Whats wrong?
    Just got my mag, classic standard hopper right feed, hose, asa, and 10" All-American.

Soon to come:
    Black ULE Body
    Black System X drop w/ on-off
    Dye Xcel
    I-Frame or Z-grip(cant choose)
    LvL 10
    X-valve
    Warp

i just got my lvl 10 and i put it together w/ the biggest carrier that doesnt leak. I gased it up and pulled the trigger and nothing happened. My friend said just keep pulling the trigger over and over until it starts to fire. After ever 75th shot or so the bolt moves about a centimeter forward. My friend said that should become more frequent, but it hasent. Some ppl told me to just put oil down the power tube, but i havent yet. Should I keep pulling the trigger or change something?
    NEIL SMITH

Did you try turning up the velocity? Which spring are you using?

i tried turning up the velocity but then it leaked. i was using the smallest spring.

try going up 1 carrier to see if your having bolt stick. If it leaks down the barrel switch back. If your leaking out the back after that when you turn velocity up you may need a new reg piston. Its an easy fix and can be done in a couple minutes.

http://store.airgun.com/acb/showdetl..._ID=48&CATID=6

If this is it just degas the gun turn out the velocity adjuster all the way out. Take out the spring pack then take out the piston. Replace in opposite order. Should be good after that. But be sure to check to see if your carrier is just too tight first before buying the piston.

When true evil smacks you in the face you never forget it.

Official DevilMAG Thread
    Devil's Den Paintball
    The Aggressive Generation

even when i go up one carrier the bolt will not move. it leaks down the barrel, but doesn't move.

ok sounds like the reg piston. I had to do the same thing with my first level 10. The old ones dont support the higher pressure. You need to get that part i put the link to and install it

now i have another problem...I gassed up the gun earlier and i had a leak im my macroline. i fixed the leak, but now the trigger is not out(like theres no air in the gun). I dont no what to do.

Thats a real pickle.

You seem to have alot of different problems occuring all at once; difficult to trouble shoot. I had a similar problem recently. In fact, I'm still waiting on a few parts. I would suggest going back to the last configuration you had when the gun actually worked. See if any new problems have spung up while you've been tuning your Level 10. Can't remember if you said you're using CO2, but that stuff gets wicked cold and some of the o-rings may have developed leaks while you've been tuning it and leaking so much. My advice is go back and start over and see if you end up in the same place.
    "The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other b*****d die for his."
    - General George Patton (1885-1945)

im using nitrogen, im gonna start over i quess

i apologize if this has already been asked but how do u determine the size of the carriers? i dont understand the markings..

the more lines on the carrier the larger it is. and if it has a dot on the outside that means a half. for example if a carrier has 2 lines and a dot. its a 2.5 carrier.
    My Guns: chrome and black pump mag
    -black 2k sniper 2
    -32* vision imp with ups, ECS, reloader B
    -was'd imp w/ i-frame and all ups, warp feed
    -88/3000 and 48/3000 tanks

AIM: Paintball1084

my feedback

simple enough, i thought those lines were threads, thanks

my friends mag is having some problems. He can shoot about 5 to 10 shots and then when u pull the trigger it wont fire. When he pushes on the back of his xvalve it will fire. It looks like there is a little gap in between the valve and the body. The set screw on the bottom is in all the way. We were thinking that maybe the xvalve is not aligning with the gun right. Does anyone else know what might be the problem. thanks

Ok, i have installed my level 10 according to the instructions. But i am having some problems. The gun will let me shoot about 3-5 shots then it doesant recharge. I have tried every possible combo of springs and shims but nothing will work. And another problem i am having is that when the level 10 is in i gas up the gun and it just starts firing right away without me having to pull the trigger

Help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks.
    i liiiike paintball.

Minimag
    xvalve
    intelliframe
    warpfeed

Im a reader, not a poster :-D

Grg3135, does he have a rail bushing in there? It's like a collar that goes around the field strip screw and keeps the valve from moving around as much.

edman282, have you tried turning the velocity up? Lvl X runs at a slightly higher pressure, sometimes a little more is all it takes. For the other problem I'd check your sear. Is it worn, not catching well on the bolt or on/off?

I put a lvl 10 in my friends standard mag, and everythin went smmoth as can be. followed the directions and it works great.

so finally this year, I put one in my standard mag. it has been a touchy pain in the butt. followed the same directions cafefully, tried to understand it, but it just seems overly sensitive.

I have to use an extremely tight carrier to keep it from leaking, then I used my old spring and have to crank the psi up quite a bit to get it to work. shoots 285 and higher, but I can't get it down to 275 fps and shooting smooth and fast. it dogs out, definitely loses alot of speed. seems like it makes the trigger harder than it was. probably the increase in operating psi. seems like it would work better if I could use a more frictionless carrier set-up, without it leaking. it reaaly isn't very easy on the paint either.

I did the same thing I did on the my friends mag, and his works like a charm. figures, only my own stuff gives me grief.

anybody got any tips or advice? thanks guys.
    ~E~

the electrician you mentioned using the tightest carrier. Have you tried the next larger? I'd try that and the medium spring(softer on paint).

My Mag is hording gas, its not funny, I dont know why, but here is my LVL 10 connection:

1.5 Carrier
    1 Shim
    Strongest Spring

I am getting HORRID effciency, Including 600shots and Ill drop 2000psi in a 68/4500 tank with a 800psi output pressure. What Am I doing wrong?

TastePAINt88, dry firing? bad paint to barrel match? and are you sure it's not leaking somewhere?

using the Strongest Spring makes your effciency go down. if you use one of the other springs is should get better effciency.

Chuck, sure on the leaks, I gassed it and threw it in a bucket of water to check for air bubbles, no airbubbles at all. Does dry firing mean anything? Ive done a mix of paint and dry firing and getting bad, checking the new ULT (which works fine) out when I can spare the paint but moneys tight so i dont have cases to run throuhg, uses PMI Premiums with a SP Proggressive barrel.

BD: Ill try weaker spring, anything for better gas. If i change the spring, should I change anything else? Or Should i take that to myself and evaluate it when I change it?

Thanks.

Dry firing usually uses more air that's why I asked. It sounds like you've got a good grasp on the LX so if something comes up w/ dropping down a spring size you'll be able to figure it out

I'm using the small carrier, because if I try to bump up to a larger one, it leaks. I wouldn't needlessly use the small carrier. I understand how it works.

I'm gonna go through it with a fine toothed comb, but right now, I'm not real happy with it's performance. the gun didn't really chop that much paint any way, and seems like it shot better before.

Thanks chuck, Ill change the spring and let the thread know whats happening. Thanks!

Level 10 or tank prob.?

I just installed my level 10 and it dry fires fine. i started shooting paint and after about 10 shots i started getting shootdown. the tank im using is about 1/8 full. So im not sure if that would be enough or not. So can you tell me if its because i dont have enough air in the tank or because its the level 10. thanks
    Last edited by edman282; 01-16-2004 at 05:14 PM.

Red Spring

Hello all,

I got a new Custom ULE RT with level 10 and ULT factory tuned and installed. The tech at my local field said I should change to the red spring. Said it would be easier on paint. Said all I would have to do would be turn up the velocity a little and I would be ready to go. Is that correct?

The reason I ask is, I read on this site somewhere that you should break springs in by firing the gun a couple hundred times after they are installed. Is that true.

I am playing in a 3 man tourney tomorrow and it is going to be pretty cold, around 33 degrees (I know that's not cold to you Yankees, but down here that is cold) at start time. I am worried about the effect the cold will have on the paint so I want to do anything I can to help.

Thanks,
    Bryan

I was having trouble with my classic RT before buying the LX. It had a starvation problem and the bolt would stick. After checking all the orings and boltspring and stuff, some people here on AO and me came to the conclusion that I needed a bigger size spacer. Some also said to just get the LX to solve all problems sinse it would replace the spacer and some orings with one of its carriers in the kit.

I figured instead of buying the spacer kit + shipping, I could spend that $20 towards the LX kit. So I did, I recently got it and installed it first with the 2ring carrier,2washers and the largest spring.

The result I got was it would cock but when I pulled the trigger it would not fire at all. I turned up the velocity and it would leak from the back of the gun. The second step I tryed was the medium spring and what happend was the same thing. With the shortest spring it would fire but leak down the barral and a bit out the back still. I tryed different higher and smaller size carriers but it would just cause the leaking to be worse. Plus with the smallest bolt I could only fire so many times before having it starv for air and the bolt get stuck again.

I then seeked for help and found that I need a new regulator piston. But im wondering is this only going to fix the leak from out the back and not the air starvation problem?

What exactly is wrong? Im getting told to get this and that and spending a lot trying to fix this gun. Its not so much that I dont want to fix it but that I already used to have a working classic RT but it got stolen. Please help, I just want this thing working.

Thanks

ok its been a while since i last played but i also wanna get this lvl 10 issue worked out...had it installed and setup perfectly worked for quite a while.. then it took i direct hit, and i mean a direct hit my brother shoot a paintball all the way down a 14 inch boomstick striking the bolt with close to all its force.. gun stops working.. so i retuned it and got it working with just alittle more striking force than before.. but now the bolt strikes aftermarket barrels and with my minimag barrel it over hangs and causes jams.. i mean overhangs as in the bolt is not returning completly and and isnt leaving enough room for a paintball if it is rolled in on the fat part of the seem to feed properly.. any ideas would be great in the mean time i will just use it stock it still rips and only breaks one in like 2k...also when my lvl 10 did work it had horrible velocity consistancy like +/- 10-15fps now it is +/- 2-3fps..oh yeah forgot the gun is an 03 classic