Page 29 of 77 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031323339 ... LastLast

Thread: ** Official Level 10 Problems Thread **

Thanks
    Im getting no leaks and its firing.

Im gonna go out back and chrono now.
    Team NoExcuse

One thing that was not clear to me at first was that you are supposed to use THE SAME O-ring with each different size carrier when trying to find a good fit. If you re not doing that, then I'll bet if you take the O-ring from the smallest you are trying and move it up one carrier, you will get what you need. If not, try the other O-rings in different carriers.

Good Luck!
    The arrogance of other people annoys me. My own doesn't bother me a bit.

My Feedback

OK I can chrono up to 310 before it starts venting

But its hardly as gentle on paint as ive seen on the demonstration videos etc.

I put my finger in the breech and it hurt quite a bit.

So how do I get it a bit softer?

Originally posted by Plazmic
    One thing that was not clear to me at first was that you are supposed to use THE SAME O-ring with each different size carrier when trying to find a good fit. If you re not doing that, then I'll bet if you take the O-ring from the smallest you are trying and move it up one carrier, you will get what you need. If not, try the other O-rings in different carriers.

Good Luck!
    I am transferring the white o-ring from each carrier, but leaving the black one there.
    Is that correct?

Thats correct. To make it more gentle on paint, you need to be able to use a longer spring. Try if you can use the middle, and optimal is the longest. If the problem is that it starts venting, you might need a new reg piston.

ULE RT Custom

Red ULE body
    ULT
    Electric Logic vert frame

Yes, that is what I meant.

I ws going to mention the REG Piston, but if you are running an X-valve then you've got the higher venting piston already.

Adding another shim might help with the hard bolt action, I think.

Thanks for all the help so far.

I tried the middle spring again and I have got it to work with a slight leak from the back of the gun.

It is much softer and is getting 280fps

I tried another shim that just makes it leak all the time

I have a retro valve, does this mean I need a new piston.

Thanks again

It should be able to go up to 280 without leaking, so maybe you should get a new piston, but I really don't know about the retro...could someone who knows for sure tell?

Oh, yeah, if you have the retro then you'll most likely want the new reg piston. That's what I did and it made all the difference in the world.

woohey, thanks guys.

I just put a pic of my mag in the official pictures thread.

Go check it out

That IS pretty sweet. Hope you get it to work

Very nice! Mine doesn't look quite that good. I've only had it two months, though, and it was in such rough shape when I got it that I actually had to replace some parts because they were rusted!

AGD, lvl 10 prob, please help

I can't figure out what's going on! I just installed my lvl 10 kit a few days ago. But when I screw in my tank it begans to leak quietly. But then when i hold the trigger down slightly it stops. When i fire fast it starts to leak even more. What do i do?

i had the same problem. change the carrier to a smaller one until the carrier o-rings get worked in. and always oil the stuff in the power tube alot. when you first put the lvl 10 in it will start to leak when the carrier o-rings get worked it. you just need to keep going to a smaller carrier until it stops leaking.

hope that helps
    My Guns: chrome and black pump mag
    -black 2k sniper 2
    -32* vision imp with ups, ECS, reloader B
    -was'd imp w/ i-frame and all ups, warp feed
    -88/3000 and 48/3000 tanks

AIM: Paintball1084

my feedback

thx

Thanks for the tip. i'll try it out in the morning and see how it works. Thanks again!!!

i got my lvl 10 in the other day but when i turn the air on it leaks in sidethe gun the other problem is that like sometimes the balls only go like 3 feet out of the barrel it will do that for like 5 shots then it will be fine. sometimes it breaks paint too.

I have a hyper framed mini-mag. Lvl 10 installed and problems as follows: It'll gas up with no leaks. After one shot, the bolt sticks foward and leaks heavily down the barrel. I have tried all carriers from 0 to 2 and with each carrier went from 0 to 3 shims. The same result with all. The spring used has been the long and short (the used kit I got didn't include the medium.)

As far as leaks through the valve, the velocity has to be pretty close to max before it begins to vent so I don't think that this is an issue. All parts are lubed well and carrier o-rings have been inspected and replaced numerous times. As well, I have changed the power tube o-ring several times.

Any advice? Thanks in advance.
    Never interrupt your enemy when he's making a mistake. -Napoleon

Nevermind.....sold the mag and level 10. I'm not an engineer. I can't see how this thing can be expected to work in the hands of an average consumer.

I'm sorry you feel that way. Perhaps you should have picked up some new o-rings from AGD rather than using the old ones. Moot point, now, I guess.

One other little thing, though. Napoleon is spelled with an a, not an e, and that's not his quote.
    Last edited by Plazmic; 02-23-2004 at 03:16 PM.

Yes, you're right. I have corrected the spelling and attached the following link for you:

http://www.quotedb.com/quotes/281

Wish you were so helpful when I really needed it.
    Last edited by momags!; 02-23-2004 at 02:37 PM.

Also, I had (2) complete O-ring replacement kits at the beginning of this endeavor. Needless to say, ALL o-rings from the barrel nubbins all the way back to the regulator piston were replaced twice.

I'm not new to mags. I've owned some variation of an AGD marker since the beginning. I simply feel that this is too much to expect me, as a consumer, to endure. And judging from the 30 pages in this thread, I would venture to say that I'm not alone in my frustrations.

Yeah, I agree this is a difficult upgrade for the average player to perform. Looking back at my last post I think I came off a little harsh. Sorry about that.

It took me 4 days to get my Lvl 10 working, so I do understand your frustrations. I wish there were a better way, but I guess there's not. I suspect that the level 10 and the classic valve are not as happy a fit as the level 10 and the X-valve. I'll find out in a couple of months when I can finally afford the x-valve.

Funny on the quote. I had it attributed to Winston Churchill! Maybe he was quoting Napoleon.

Thanks!!

hey bd thx for th tip it really worked. Haven't been on latley to thank you. It shots fine know and there is no leaking. Thx again

no prob. if some thing else goes bad just post here b/c i look at this thread alot and other people can help too. glad i could help

I just installed my lvl 10 bolt in my classic automag, and it leaks a lot, not a small leak but a big one! I have the smallest carrier and tried a lot of other carriers and tried it with shims out and shims in. Help please
    BTW: it leaks from valve.

u sure u got the correct carrier in? the smallest is the one with no lines and does not have a dot. if you got the one with like 4 lines thats a big one. chech that and post back here.

yup it is the smallest for sure, no holes, and and no grooves in it, the smallest one.

BTW: is the level 10 supposed to slide all the way to the end? cus my lvl 7 did, but my lvl 10 doesnt.
    Last edited by ClouD; 02-24-2004 at 09:02 PM.

is the bold going all the way to the bumper. if it is not then that is your problem.make sure you have it put in correct

Make sure the backup washer is in there to. It goes in before the carrier.

hey are the parts for the lvl 10 supposed to go according to this picture?

OR does the backing washer and carrier go in first.
    For this i mean like this

BOLT| BACKING WASHER | CARRIER | SHIMS |POWER TUBE TIP |*
    or
    BOLT| POWER TUBE TIP | SHIMS | CARRIER | BACKING WASHER |

*means that the backing washer goes in first, then carrier, etc. same way for the next one*