Page 3 of 77 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Thread: ** Official Level 10 Problems Thread **

Valve won't seat in body...

This may sound dumb - but I was following the level 10 instrutions and got to where it tells you to install the valve assy with old bolt spring into the body. It will not fit into my emag body the Valve assy (with new bolt) seats just fine in an automag/warp body, but not the emag. I even took the emag body off the rail. Any suggestions?

-Calvin

AGD: Your main body washer has raised a burr from repeated use. Just go in there with a round file and work it off.
    Last edited by AGD; 08-01-2002 at 09:13 PM.

Sorry...

AGD,

Sorry - didn't see you edit - or I wouldn't have posted the second thread. A couple of other posters said the same.

Thanks,

See you Sunday
    From a poster at PB Nation:

""Jim, back to your cave. Bob Long is on the batphone..."

MY FEEDBACK

Originally posted by halo13
    hmm, ok. I think I'll stick on the shortest spring and see what happens.
    Remember, you can use the stock level 7 spring. This spring is shorter than the three supplied with the lvl 10 kit.

Originally posted by halo13
    Damn, i need to get my hands on a chrono.
    Man, do I feel your pain (haven't chrono'ed mine either).
    Last edited by hitech; 08-02-2002 at 06:53 PM.

Hey Hitech your starting to sound like me! - AGD
    Hitech is the man.... - Blennidae
    The only Hitech Lubricant

Unhappy

alright heres my problem...i put the mod in exactly how the instructions said to. now it comes time to shoot it, every spring i use even with my velocity turned up to the point where it wont turn in anymore it wont shoot. the trigger just simply moves. every now and then i would hear a lil gas come out. when i tried it i was at about 1000 psi. now im at about 500 and i wont be able to refill untill this afternoon. the only spring i havnt used is the old one because im starting to think the problem is more thsn just the spring. thanks in advance

BlackVCG: Most likely your tank output pressure is too low. Is it a preset? Get your tank filled and check the output pressure and as long as it's up around 800-900psi, then it should cycle fine. Also, make sure your carrier isn't too tight.
    Last edited by BlackVCG; 08-06-2002 at 10:51 PM.

it vents... it vents..... it vents.... i have tried everything more shims differnet carriers more shime di=ffenent carriers and less shims diffent springs with different carriers turn the vrlocity all the way up and it still doent work and if i get it to work it only fires about 10 times and stops

BlackVCG: You might have a bad bolt. If you have a friend that has lvl 10, then try out his bolt and see if your setup works. If your bolt is bad, call up AGD and get a new one.
    Last edited by BlackVCG; 08-06-2002 at 10:52 PM.

"Hey its the new transparent aluminum gun!! Must be light because you cant see it!" ------AGD

I took my lvl 10 SFL out on the field and everything was going pretty well at the beginning. I'm running 1.5 carrier with 2 shims and the shotest spring in the kit. I would run the medium cut spring but it leaks out the back at around 230 FPS. I have a new regulator piston on order so hopefully that will help. Without going into a great amount of detail I went through every kind of E-mag related valve problem imaginable, bolt-stick, full auto and finally air gushing out of the back. Finally as I was about to stab myself, Matt Davis of Jax Warriors showes up. Between the 2 of us, and a repair kit we managed to get it shooting 290 without leaking. At this point the bolt is still hitting pretty hard. I can stop it with my finger if I brace for it but if I'm not ready it will pinch you finger pretty good between the bolt and barrel. But at this point, I'll take it because I can finally play. I go out and play my first game. After about 4 minutes I start hearing a hiss down the barrel. It starts to get much worse as the game goes on. finally by the time the last guy is gone my SFL has air rushing down the barrel and my tank is almost out. I flick off the tank and go break down my mag again. This time the back half of the bolt piston has shot off and gone down inside my valve. I break down the valve and fish it out. I take some blue loctite push it back in the bolt as far as it will go and pack up and go home. Hopefully the loctite will hold the bolt together and the new regulator piston will allow me to use a longer spring and soften the bolt a bit more. Right now if I were to stick my tongue in there I would lose it.

Moorewatch

If you read this, thank a teacher.
    If you read this in English, thank a soldier.

Originally posted by WicKeD_WaYz
    alright heres my problem...i put the mod in exactly how the instructions said to. now it comes time to shoot it, every spring i use even with my velocity turned up to the point where it wont turn in anymore it wont shoot. the trigger just simply moves. every now and then i would hear a lil gas come out. when i tried it i was at about 1000 psi. now im at about 500 and i wont be able to refill untill this afternoon. the only spring i havnt used is the old one because im starting to think the problem is more thsn just the spring. thanks in advance
    Try the next larger carrier that won't leak down the barrel. If you're using the longest spring, try the middle one. If that doesn't work, go down to the shortest spring.

Once you change your setup, it'll probably leak out back since I'm your velocity is set pretty high at the moment. All you'll have to do is lower the velocity then, until it shoots reliably and it stops leaking.

Make sure you've put a bit of oil on the Carrier Orings as well. Just dab it on with your finger.

That should fix it.
    Last edited by Arturus; 08-03-2002 at 07:13 PM.

Originally posted by lillfroboy
    it vents... it vents..... it vents.... i have tried everything more shims differnet carriers more shime di=ffenent carriers and less shims diffent springs with different carriers turn the vrlocity all the way up and it still doent work and if i get it to work it only fires about 10 times and stops
    Start all over.

1.5 Carrier, 2 shims, and the middle spring. Make sure you dab a bit of oil on to the Orings on the carrier.

Once you gas it up, higher the velocity until it shoots. If it starts leaking down the barrel, go with the next size smaller carrier.

If it's leaking out the back, lower the velocity until it stops. Even after lowering it, if it keeps leaking out the back, pull the trigger once. If it stops then and starts up again, degass your marker and tank completely. Without changing the setup, gas it up again.

From there, try the chrono. Higher or lower the velocity and try to get your preferred FPS. If it's constantly shooting hot, go to the next size smaller spring.

Make sure you 'break-in' the orings by shooting several hundred dry shots. Once you get it working reliably with a specific set of carrier and spring size, you can then start 'tweaking' it to your liking.

I probably just confused you even more, but try and follow the steps mentioned. First field day last week, it was working reliably with the shortest spring. I messed with it today, and it would constantly vent/leak, regardless of the spring and carrier size. I started from scratch and eventually got it to work with the middle spring - I can now leave my finger by the bolt and pull continuously without a worry at all.

I have l-x installed, 1.5 carrier, 2 shims, longest spring. I have noticed that the valve is not getting reactive, instead it hesitates before it resets, sometimes i have pull the trigger another time for it to reset. i want my reactiveness back and still want to use l-x. can ya'll help.

i turned up my velocity all the way and it still wont fire HELP

BlackVCG: Explain your setup. I can't do anything for you unless you explain which parts you're using.
    Last edited by BlackVCG; 08-06-2002 at 10:55 PM.

my feedback
    https://www.automags.org/forums/showt...threadid=74858

WHY CANT I KEEP A GUN FOR MORE THAN A WEEK??

SPONSORED BY: kingman, nationalpaintballsupply, prixusa.com

sorta problem......

Okay when i put a ball and the breach and try to chop it the ball doesnt chop (VERY HAPPY). But on the videos it shows tom pulling the trigger fast on the ball. When i try to chop a ball for testing it seems to vent a LOT more air then in the videos. How can I fix this? Thanks.

By the way im using the 1.5 carrier with 2 shims and my original spring because i have to have the volicity lower for indoor play.

Re: sorta problem......

Originally posted by paint king
    But on the videos it shows tom pulling the trigger fast on the ball. When i try to chop a ball for testing it seems to vent a LOT more air then in the videos. How can I fix this? Thanks.
    It sounds like it is not venting soon enough (maybe). Try adding shims, one a a time, until it starts leaking. Then remove one shim. That will get it to vent as earily as possible.

ok....

I will go try that. Thanks for the advice.

my bolt will go just 1 cm. and then the bolt sticks
    HELP

k....

I tried that and it vents fine now. But now i have another problem...sigh.... Okay well i can shoot the can without with the original main spring now. But when i try to get the gun to shoot with the middle and the long springs it doesnt shoot. I turn the volocity all the way up and and doesnt vent out the back either. Thats just my first problem though my other problem is that it leaks when i air up but when i pull the trigger it stops. Could someone answer these questions for me. Thanks.

P.S. It just started leaking i have tried to get it to fire with the middle and long springs when it wasnt leaking.

BlackVCG: What's your output pressure? If it's not high enough, it's not going to operate with the larger springs. Also, if the carrier is too tight, then that might be adding too much friction and the air chamber pressure can't build high enough to overcome the force of the longer main spring and o-ring friction.

Paintking: I have no way of checking my output pressure. I cant get nitro filled around here so whatever my co2 is pushing out which im not sure what it is. I have tinkered with it and I think my problem might be that i dont enough air left in all of my tanks because when i put a 1.5 carrier in there even with my original spring the bolt only moves a couple centimeters(I also tried with 2 carrier, 2.5 leaks.) If it is my tank then i think I have the ride combo because before it started only going a centimeter or 2 it was stopping on paint great. I will resume testing when i get the tanks filled.
    Last edited by paint king; 08-08-2002 at 01:03 PM.

Originally posted by robert heatwole
    i turned up my velocity all the way and it still wont fire HELP
    Try reading through the other posts on this thread...

Since we're at it, try a shorter spring. If that alone doesn't work, then use a carrier one size larger.

found the problam didnt have enough pressure in my tank

wel......

Okay guys i got the gun to fire at a decent volocity without leaking with 1 carrier 2 shims and middle spring. But it chops still. I dont know what to do. Any advice would be great. Thanks.

AGD: call us for a replacement bolt
    Hey Tom, I shipped my bolt about 3 weeks ago and I havent got it yet. I was wondering if they are backed up with other lvl 10 orders and if I should give them a call??

last........

Well i have been at work constantly on my level ten and it still chops. I can use any carrier from 2 to 0 and it doesnt leak. I can use up to 4 shims without it leaking. I can use the middle spring also. I have tried every combo and it still chops. What am I doing wrong? I would really appreciate some help. Thanks. By the way I have also noticed that the valve is not reseting fast enough instead it hesitates before it resets, sometimes i have pull the trigger another time for it to reset. Thanks.

BlackVCG edit: Grow up. You're not worthy of being a beta tester. That was part of the deal in buying LVL 10 right now and a post like yours is a complete waste of forum space. Post something like that again and you're banned for good.
    Last edited by BlackVCG; 08-08-2002 at 10:31 PM.
    My PBR Feedback
    My AO Feedback
    My PBN Feedback
    NEED A Y/I-FRAME, XVALVE OR ANY NEW AGD PRODUCT FOR A VERY REASONABLE PRICE? CONTACT: RogueFactor on AIM!
    PURE PWNAGE!

i'll take your bolt if u dont want ur lvl ten SIGsays

Hey what happens if i dont have the backing washer

um.........

SIGSays if you are talking to me then just calm down. I was just asking questions so i could get my level ten going. In your eyes i guess im not worthy of being a beta tester but im just trying to work out the bugs with it so it works. Isnt that the point of having it beta tested? So that if some people cant get it installed you can find out whats wrong with the product (There isnt but if there was) or the troubles people are having installing it so that when it does go into full production people dont have a hard time getting it to work. Sorry if this post upsets you but thats how I see it.

Add shims to get it to vent eariler. Go back and read your old post, BlackVCG added comments to it via an edit.

lilfroboy

lilfroboy

look for a white one. My backing washer was white.

Paint King: Sorry for the confusion. I edited SigSays' post because it was full of foul language and completely bashing LVL 10 because he was too stupid to figure out how to get it to work. The comments in his post are mine and I reedited it so it should be more clear as to those being my words and not his.

lilfroboy- The setup will work without the backing washer, but you risk popping out the white carrier o-ring into the air chamber while you're shooting. Get the backing washer so it pop out and leak like a sive while you're on the field playing.

Originally posted by Jason Reed
    I have l-x installed, 1.5 carrier, 2 shims, longest spring. I have noticed that the valve is not getting reactive, instead it hesitates before it resets, sometimes i have pull the trigger another time for it to reset. i want my reactiveness back and still want to use l-x. can ya'll help.
    I am having the exact same problem, can someone help us out.

k.....

Okay sorry about th emix up. My fault.

Hey ya'll give me and moats some help. you have helped evryone else out but us. come on it is frustrating not being able to have your gun work at 100%. please help.